We are not your beta testers!!!

I would encourage the SI not to consider it's customers like beta testers. From my experience with the demo and from reading the forum posts here counting at 420 forum threads in one day since the demo release in which people are reporting bugs I see this release like a beta release not even an RC.

I was really hoping that SI have learned from the experience with FM08 which took two patches to make it playable and have improved their testing process but from what I can see they have learned nothing. Most of the bugs that people are complaining are not the simple in game tweaks (like the injury bug) for what the demo should be used. The bugs are in fact game crashes and similar errors that should have been caught with simple and basic testing which is far simpler than testing for game and match engine tweaks.

SI should revise their testing procedures as soon as possible because the demo release should be a completely finished product, like Miles said a few days ago in a blog the product has gone "Gold". That means that the product has been completed and tested and sent to manufacturing. The current state of the release which is the final release of the game or it was supposed to be is not even near "Gold" I would say that at the most this release would qualify for Beta 2 release.

With this kind of "Gold" release SI are just alienating their current and potential customers.

PS. Before the demo I was planing on preordering the FM09, now I think it might be a waste of my money to buy before Christmas and the second patch.

Archived