is this what happens with no public beta testing???

surely we wouldnt have this uproar, and obvious anger if public beta testing had taken place.

dont get me wrong, i'm very impressed with demo, i can see past the problems and see light at the end of the tunnel, i'm optimistic for both release and patch!!

surely we wouldnt have this uproar, and obvious anger if public beta testing had taken place.

dont get me wrong, i'm very impressed with demo, i can see past the problems and see light at the end of the tunnel, i'm optimistic for both release and patch!!

The problems in the beta would be fixed however this would create more problems for the actual game, you will never get it perfect without about 100 beta demo's.

I really don't think it would have solved anything. I honestly can't remember the last time there wasn't an uproar when the demo's been released. It was definetley like this with 07, and 08 was on the receiving end of even worse criticism. It almost traditional for there to be loads of OTT criticism each year.

The problem with public beta testing is that SI have no control over the machines the game is "tested" on. So many problems that are being reported here are down to the owners of the computers not keeping their machines up to date with the appropriate drivers. With in house testing SI can at least ensure that the game runs correctly on computers that are running properly.

I have just updated my graphic card driver and noticed an immediate improvement. The biggest problem I currently have is the game freezing, but before I flame SI, I'm going through my computer to see whether the problem lies there. If not then I can presume it's a game problem, but not before. Also, it would be good if other users were to take this approach, because some of the posts on these forums over the past 24 hours just beggar belief, not only in the content, but in the aggressive way that people are attacking SI.

This is what happens when there is no public beta test or not enough of in house testing done.

It almost traditional for there to be loads of OTT criticism each year.

Sorry to say but game crashes are not suppose the be a part of the "Gold" release version so it is not over the top.

its hardly ott is it? any form of testing would have prevented this farce plain and simple. A game has to be seriously flawed for a day one patch to be necessary

No game is released which doesn't need a patch. The fact that SI have agreed to a day one patch is irrelevant. And yes I think some of the reactions are very OTT, because people aren't even considering that it might be a problem with their computer, before they slag SI off.

This is what happens when there is no public beta test or not enough of in house testing done.

Sorry to say but game crashes are not suppose the be a part of the "Gold" release version so it is not over the top.

Mine doesn't crash, check your system.

They tried public beta testing once, it won't happen again.

Let's be honest. The average football fan "duznt give a toss bout 'putars innit". Therefore a lot of the people we see here will be running it on rubbish computers that are either several years out of date or one of the usual obsolete on the shop floor suspects. People not having drivers updated will also cause problems.

Yet they are the most vocal. I don't like football fans much. :p

Dude, stop sticking up for SI blindly. IT crashes on MANY systems that are more than capable of running the game. Not everyone is so incompetent as to be running badly maintained machines, especially if some of those people are running MACS.

"check your computer" is the first excuse people like you hide behind.

I really don't think it would have solved anything. I honestly can't remember the last time there wasn't an uproar when the demo's been released. It was definetley like this with 07, and 08 was on the receiving end of even worse criticism. It almost traditional for there to be loads of OTT criticism each year.

My system?

HP nc8430

Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 (2Ghz)

3 GB of Ram

Ati Radeon x1600 with 256 Mb

and etc. so I believe that should be enough...

No game is released which doesn't need a patch. The fact that SI have agreed to a day one patch is irrelevant. And yes I think some of the reactions are very OTT, because people aren't even considering that it might be a problem with their computer, before they slag SI off.

the fact si have a agreed to a day one patch is telling. yes most games released have patches released for them. my point is not many require a patch from day one to make it playable. The main problem that I can see, the injuries, is independant of what machine it is run on and should have been picked up

the fact si have a agreed to a day one patch is telling. yes most games released have patches released for them. my point is not many require a patch from day one to make it playable. The main problem that I can see, the injuries, is independant of what machine it is run on and should have been picked up

SI have already said that they will investigate the injuries "bug", but once again this is not necessarily a problem with the game. I for instance have had no injuries so far. There are several reasons that can cause this, all of them "mistakes" of the manager. I'm not saying this is definitely the case, but it is a possibility.

As already said, my major problem is game freezing, but I'm still trying to find out whether it is a computer problem.

Eaxctly last time the beta was leaked. Not a chance of it happening again.

SI have already said that they will investigate the injuries "bug", but once again this is not necessarily a problem with the game. I for instance have had no injuries so far. There are several reasons that can cause this, all of them "mistakes" of the manager. I'm not saying this is definitely the case, but it is a possibility.

As already said, my major problem is game freezing, but I'm still trying to find out whether it is a computer problem.

It isn't - its a bug. It happens on too many systems of different configurations, as well as Macs, for it to be a hardware issue.

The main problem that I can see, the injuries, is independant of what machine it is run on and should have been picked up

I would have to agree with this one. The number and legnth of injures was pretty much perfect in 8.0.2 so why it had to be altered I don't know.

I can understand people being annoyed if they have a system capable of running the game but can't, but some of the reactions to this have been way overboard.

Archived