Chairman Interaction

As in FM08 we have seen the Chairman accept what he percieves has a "too good to refuse" offers for players. In light of your experience and length of service at your club, this items should be negoiated at your contract renewal.

I would imagine it to go something like this -

New User - First year (default for all new games) - Board/Chairman - will accept offers that are too good to refuse.

Contract Renewal (usually Second year) - Depending on reputation/success, you would be able to negoiate the following -

a) - Accept all transfer responsiabilities, but with a reduce transfer kitty - leaving you 25-50% of funds allocated, but would have all proceeds from transfers to be made available to yout kitty.

b) - 100% allocated funds - But the board may sell a player if it recieves a "to good to refuse offer"

c) - Total transfer responsibility - 100% transfer funds available (Higher reputation Manager)

d) - Football Director approved tranfser targets - e.g Tottenham, Newcastle of recent times

I believe these tings and more are involved more and more in the current footbal world.

Just a idea

i think its a fairly good idea but... in the football world today even if a manager is well known and has been at a club for seasons if the club is small and recieves a large offer for a player then the chairman has a right to accept it cos its for the benefit of the club even if they are losing their star player. I think its realist that it happens.

real life example well kind of; if manchester utd recieved an off from real madrid of 120M which was roumered at some point if i remember (mancity have had roumors of wanting to do this but thats different because of rivalry in same league) it would be stupid to not let him go because you could buy 4 of the great players for that money.

I actually thought about that and posted a similar idea here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=52607

Throughout the FM series, SI has missed the point of having a minimum fee release clause, to the point of it being rather useless most of the times.

The situation is extended because this clause is (or should be) closely linked with the chairman's interference when selling your players.

The idea of the minimum fee release clause is really to protect the club from losing their players. This means that if a player has a minimum fee release clause - and if you, as a manager, are in good terms with your chairman - offers bellow that value are most likely going to be rejected.

I would like to see this feature developed, by:

1) Improve the minimum fee release clause (MFRC) influence on contract negotiations. If a player agrees on a 100 million MFRC, he's basically saying he agrees to play there unless someone offers 100 million.

2) Likewise, the MFRC should also be negotiated with your board. If the board agrees on 100 million as MFRC, they're agreeing that's a fair price. And therefore SHOULDN'T interfere if someone offers 50 million.

3) You should therefore have a "negotiate with board" option for MFRC's when signing players/offering new contracts, on the one hand. On the other hand, you should also have the possibility to negotiate with them something like "look, if you want me to achieve this objective, you'll need to agree not to sell players A, B and C for less than their MFRC. OK???"

4) Also, usually the MFRC has a "date limit", in relation with the transfer window (eg.: is only valid until 1 month before the transfer window). This prevents clubs from losing their players on the last day of the transfer window.

The idea wasn't very well received by a number of gamers, although I do agree with you and think board interaction is a module that should definitely be improved!

Archived