I have a request for SI

Deo

Basically, it seems that there are a lot of people who can't run FM09 Demo because of their graphics card, including me.

The problem is the game needs a minimum of 128MB graphics memory and pixel shader 2.0 support. Most of us do not have one or the other or both (pixel shader in my case), so the game won't be able to load the 3d, so it won't start in the first place and we get the 'don't send error' message.

Basically, my request is that SI release some patch or tool or whatever that could disable the games 3d engine before starting the game, so that we can play the game in the 2d mode at least.

And don't tell me to upgrade my graphics card, I won't.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can't expect games developers to develop cutting-edge software and make it savvy for hardware that was created x years ago... It's just the price you pay when you try to run a game on a machine that isn't built to handle gaming.

FM is a glorified spreadsheet and has never needed gaming pc type hardware and shouldnt do so now.

FM is a glorified spreadsheet and has never needed gaming pc type hardware and shouldnt do so now.

Not really the point Will. It is a game after all, not Microsoft Excel, so graphics requirements aren't really a suprise.

The request is a good one. However how easily implementable it is, I don't know.

i pretty much only use my pc for internet, fm and word and know hardly anything about the technical stuff so could some one give me an idea of how i might find the graphics and pixel info. im on xp home.

Just go Start -> Run -> type 'dxdiag', then after the window opens, press the Display tab and there you should see the graphics card model, just tell me the model and we'll see if it supports pixel shader 2.0.

You can't expect games developers to develop cutting-edge software and make it savvy for hardware that was created x years ago... It's just the price you pay when you try to run a game on a machine that isn't built to handle gaming.

It's hardly cutting edge. Even if they got it spot on it would look outdated and many people wouldn't use it. It wouldn't look out of place in the 1990's and just doesn't play well. People are having problems loading the game because of a feature they probably won't even use, I can't see anybody upgrading their system for this reason.

The 3D won't display on my laptop. I would upgrade if it was any use but theres no point and not being able to disable the 3D option sufficiently is going to take away from my enjoyment of the 2D match engine because it is now very slow and jumpy.

i pretty much only use my pc for internet, fm and word and know hardly anything about the technical stuff so could some one give me an idea of how i might find the graphics and pixel info. im on xp home.

similar question

im on vista

Just go Start -> Run -> type 'dxdiag', then after the window opens, press the Display tab and there you should see the graphics card model, just tell me the model and we'll see if it supports pixel shader 2.0.

would that be the bit that says 'intel® 82865G Graphics Controller' or is it something else?

would that be the bit that says 'intel® 82865G Graphics Controller' or is it something else?

Yes, thats the card and no, i doesn't have ANY pixel shader version, so you won't be able to run FM09.

Yes, thats the card and no, i doesn't have ANY pixel shader version, so you won't be able to run FM09.

that sounds bad. does this mean i have spent all day downloading this demo and i wont be able to play it? if this is the case is my only option to buy a new graphics card and get some one to fit that for me?

i have a desktop computer.

Ah then you have it easy, just ask for a graphics card that supports pixel shader 2.0 or higher. Better, just tell me how much you want to spend and I'll tell you which one to get.

It's hardly cutting edge.

Perhaps cutting edge was too 'racey' a term; sophisticated perhaps?

Integrated graphics cards are, well, not great. You shouldn't really expect any sort of gaming experience on them whatsoever - they're great for, well, displaying the desktop, but that's about it.

The truth is, whilst the visual layering on the graphics engine is not the greatest - the physics calculations, depth, shadows, etc are quite complex. I have a feeling that the reason a lot of people can't run the 3D engine because their graphics card just does not have the capability to process the graphical calculations; but the imagery itself would be OK.

That being said, I do not know how or why the minimum specs are what they are. If you have a card that is listed as minimally acceptable then you should be able to run the game. You just can't have a huge expectation of what you see. On high settings, the 3d engine is quite charming.

I can only point out that it is probably another component that is creating incompatibility issues - such as not enough RAM, or something. Idly, FM looks to take up about 500MB memory.

I don't know. I don't want to create a violent argument - I just get frustrated when people create new forum accounts, and make statements like "Thanks SI, you just lost a customer. You suck."

that sounds bad. does this mean i have spent all day downloading this demo and i wont be able to play it? if this is the case is my only option to buy a new graphics card and get some one to fit that for me?

Most probably you won't be able to run the demo, but just in case try it. If it won't, you will probably need a new GFX.

my desktop meet the expections the only prob is i have 1.73 ghz not 2.00

is it a big problem?

help me deo your the man:)

I'm not sure, it will probably run but maybe a tad bit slower...

CPU nowdays if not really the problem, it's the RAM and GFX. If you have 1GB of ram and a good graphics card, you should be able to play it.

Ah then you have it easy, just ask for a graphics card that supports pixel shader 2.0 or higher. Better, just tell me how much you want to spend and I'll tell you which one to get.

I'm looking to spend around £30. I have a computer shop around the corner from me and i enquired about a new card and they quoted me the price. I don't have a pci express slot but i have got AGP8x slot and two gig or ram. Any advice Deo?

i have

Graphics Module: Intel GMA X3100 Graphics Controller, w/ Upto 358MB of Intel Dynamic Video Memory Technology 4.0

Memory: 1GB (2x 512MB) DDR2-533 Memory, Max Capacity 4GB

Hard Drive: 120GB Hard Drive

(windows viista)

u think its good deo?bdw 10x for your help

Most probably you won't be able to run the demo, but just in case try it. If it won't, you will probably need a new GFX.

its still downloading so if it doesnt work how much do you think one that does about enough will cost? im on job seekers at the mo so was hoping to spend day after day playing the new game and i might cry if i need one and cant afford it!

I'm looking to spend around £30. I have a computer shop around the corner from me and i enquired about a new card and they quoted me the price. I don't have a pci express slot but i have got AGP8x slot and two gig or ram. Any advice Deo?

Ah, the AGP slot... So you should get a Nvidia 7 series that fits in an AGP slot, just say it like this and they'll understand.

EDIT: If there's no Geforce 7xxx for AGP, then there should be a Geforce 6800 for AGP.

Here's a good example on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/MSI-NX6800GT-TD256-NX6800-NX-6800-Nvidia-8966-010-DDR3_W0QQitemZ220303880479QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220303880479&_trkparms=72%3A1234|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

i have

Graphics Module: Intel GMA X3100 Graphics Controller, w/ Upto 358MB of Intel Dynamic Video Memory Technology 4.0

Memory: 1GB (2x 512MB) DDR2-533 Memory, Max Capacity 4GB

Hard Drive: 120GB Hard Drive

(windows viista)

u think its good deo?bdw 10x for your help

It should run fine then! Maybe Vista may slow it a bit down but I'm not sure, no experience with Vista.

Have you tried the demo BTW?

its still downloading so if it doesnt work how much do you think one that does about enough will cost? im on job seekers at the mo so was hoping to spend day after day playing the new game and i might cry if i need one and cant afford it!

Most probably no more than 30-40 pounds.

It shouldn't matter if your graphics card is rubbish - the game should still start up! I bet everyone here ran FM08 fine on the computers that they are having trouble with. If your card doesn't support 3d, then it shouldn't be an option in the game - it shouldn't mean you can't play the game altogether. I am thoroughly hacked off at this farce.

Ah, the AGP slot... So you should get a Nvidia 7 series that fits in an AGP slot, just say it like this and they'll understand.

EDIT: If there's no Geforce 7xxx for AGP, then there should be a Geforce 6800 for AGP.

Here's a good example on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/MSI-NX6800GT-TD256-NX6800-NX-6800-Nvidia-8966-010-DDR3_W0QQitemZ220303880479QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220303880479&_trkparms=72%3A1234|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I don't have a pci express slot so i can't get nvidia 7 series

Mine works (though its amazingly slow due to my low RAM, which is fair enough, cause this laptop goes slow running anything) but it ****es me off at how many people can't get it working because of a feature they won't use. SI, you should have stuck to 2D and got it perfect, there were already a few gripes about the match engine on 08 and now its seemingly gotten worse adding 3D into the mix.

Most probably no more than 30-40 pounds.

that cost more than the damn game! i bet si got some sort of deal going with people who make graphics cards so they make a bit of money out of it! if i do need to spend money i might have to go to the dark side and buy cm or fifa manager!

It shouldn't matter if your graphics card is rubbish - the game should still start up! I bet everyone here ran FM08 fine on the computers that they are having trouble with. If your card doesn't support 3d, then it shouldn't be an option in the game - it shouldn't mean you can't play the game altogether. I am thoroughly hacked off at this farce.

That's why I opened this thread mate...

And SI are going to lose a hell lot of its customers if they don't fix this, most have old computers and most won't upgrade just for 3D, especially if they can play a game which is only a year older.

that cost more than the damn game! i bet si got some sort of deal going with people who make graphics cards so they make a bit of money out of it! if i do need to spend money i might have to go to the dark side and buy cm or fifa manager!

Ebay! You can get cheap cards there.

Archived