For Those With Problems

Now before I post the following, I am NOT saying that this is going to fix your game, it more than likely won't, but it could well be handy for general maintenence of your PC/laptop.

The following is a handy program that checks your PC's drivers and allows you to download newer ones without having to trawl Google to find updated ones (as I saw suggested in the Demo - First Impressions thread) and is totally free.

I've been using it for a few months after it was suggested by ComputerActive magazine and can tell you it has no spyware or malware, I hope it helps at least one of you get up-to-date drivers for your systems!

http://www.drivermax.com/

DriverMax allows you to download the latest driver updates for your computer. No more searching for some rare driver on discs or on the web. No more driver CD after the other. Just create a free account, log in, and start downloading the driver updates that you need.

You can also export all your current drivers to a folder or a compressed file. When reinstalling Windows you will have all drivers in one place!

Most of the situations when Windows is running slowly are caused by faulty driver installations or old driver versions. Why not stay up to date, especially when this is free?

In case you are interested only in backing up a driver just take a look at the Export Wizard. This tool will only export the drivers you select by copying the needed files to a folder or a compressed ZIP file. After reinstalling Windows all drivers will be back in place in less than 5 minutes - sparing you of searching, inserting disc after disk and losing precious time. The Driver Import wizard allows you to install all the drivers that you backed up. The entire operation might take up to 5-10 minutes.

Just one single computer restart will be required after all drivers are reinstalled!

DriverMax is able to display a full report of all installed drivers. This feature can be very useful when you want to analyze the differences between the driver versions installed on different machines or when talking to tech support.

Ive tested this on Vista 32/64bit computers and XP 32-bit computers

Archived