Faroe Islands player worth £21.5m!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saulty2805:

he might not be worth £21.5mil, maybe Newcastle were just desperate for a player like him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then he's worth 21.5 million to Newcastle, no?

I've seen similar in previous versions (I always include all players from Faroe Islands in any game I play) - even multiple Faroese players worth millions. Bareclona signed a Faroese striker in one of my FM07 games who was lethal.

True it is unlikely in real life because a player that talented would probably not be playing in the Faroe Islands and would therefore have a second nationality from whatever country he was playing in, but he might still be fiercely loyal to his homeland and want to play for the Faroes rather than his second nation even though he'll never play in a major tournament.

Kanoute and Adebayor come from African nations with relatively large populations - it has been said for many years now that there is a lot of talent coming out of Africa and that one day one of the African nations will win the World Cup. Whether any of them have the tactical subtleties and other things required to win the World Cup remains to be seen, but there is no doubt many African nations are producing quality players.

The Faroe Islands, on the other hand, have a total population of ~50,000, which is about the same as a medium-sized town in England

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

My star striker comes from Montserrat. It's actually quite depressing - his birthplace was destroyed by a volcano - he would have been about 6 at the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Check out the brains on Brad!"

You really get to know your players then!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by route1:

"Check out the brains on Brad!"

You really get to know your players then! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A little Wikipedia research goes a long way icon_wink.gif

Incidentally, his place of birth is Plymouth, Montserrat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

Orate youth!

Prof. Richard, good to see another Spireite on the boards. (nice myspace page). Looks like Chezzy bought the wrong Faroese in your game there. LOL

P.S. There is a Scab on the boards somewhere but he's probably on a forum about the BSP or summert... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Orate... them Harchester lot, get everywhere don't they icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

The best player in my game hails from the tiny Portuguese island of Madeira.

But then it is Cristiano Ronaldo.. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Madeira isnt an island mate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wardog:

Madeira isnt an island mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah actually Madeira is an island. And the city of Funchal is on that specific island. Madeira

"with Madeira Island and Porto Santo Island being the only inhabited islands."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gimpyn00b:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wardog:

Yeah actually Madeira is an island. And the city of Funchal is on that specific island. Madeira

"with Madeira Island and Porto Santo Island being the only inhabited islands." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have a look on google maps mate. ive actually been there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by craig5283:

can any1 help me? how u start a network game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try the Online Forum as people have told you numerous times. If you don't stop you might get warned

Guest amo4747

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by khriztian:

I had a 40M striker from Albania, best player of the year 3 times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

didn't Zidane descend from Albania?

Guest amo4747

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amo4747:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by khriztian:

I had a 40M striker from Albania, best player of the year 3 times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

didn't Zidane descend from Albania? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry that would have been Algeria, :-)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gimpyn00b:

"with Madeira Island and Porto Santo Island being the only inhabited islands." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have a look on google maps mate. ive actually been there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe there's another Madeira somewhere, but the best known one is an island. Link to map:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bjaart:

My star striker at the moment in 2021, is a three time world footballer of the year, a 23 year old from Cyprus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On 07 I had a star winger from Cyprus for Watford, and on another game had an Arsenal team with 3 Uzbekis, 3 South Africans, and the World's best player.. a Moroccan.

Archived