AFC Bournemouth and Sheffield United Players

These are two of the teams who are licensed that have no players photos. This is annoying as I am a massive AFCB fan and was planning to manage them in the 09 full game. This may be a minor concern (will still manager them anyway) but will this be fixed in a patch like last year? (e.g. Maxi Rodriguez got his photo after patch). It'd be great if they bothered with lower league as well as higher divisions. :thup:

• SI Staff

We ask the clubs to send us pictures. If they don't send us them or send us pictures that aren't of a high enough quality then there isn't a lot we can do about that.

We do try and chase these things up regardless of whether the team is in a top division or in the Conference South.

I'm a Sheffield United fan, and began a United save on the demo. So you can imagine to my surprise a complete lack of player faces. The only plus to come out of Sheffield United's relegation from the premiership - officially licensed in the Championship with kits and faces! (oh, and £30m from West-Cheats-Ham). But no! Also, I don't think the kit models are as good as last years. The sponsor on the Sheff Utd shirt is far too small.

If it's essentially the same game as last year, and you told the 3rd party facepack developers that last years facepacks would work; then why don't you just put last years in for the players that are still at the clubs? Or, failing that, chase the clubs for images that bit harder? The thing is, we shouldn't have to rely on 3rd parties finishing off SI's job! they're not paid to do it, whereas SI are! If it's a licensed club, please use that to the full! There are player faces on postcards available from the club shops. Either purchase or blag them, scan them in, path them in photoshop and there you go. or whatever other method you use for the game.

So, with no faces for my beloved Blades, and many other clubs, and a glitchy 3D AND 2D engine, added to the horrific injury feast (supposedly being fixed on launch day), stuttering mouse cursor, dodgy tttyyyypiiinnng glitch, amongst others, I feel I'm not in a position to part with £25+ for, what feels like an unfinished game, that has glaring bugs that have inexcuseably fallen through the quality testing net.

• SI Staff

Blades fan as well, so also less than impressed with the lack of player pictures. But, it's their job to provide the images, and if the club decide to ignore the requests for player pictures, I'm afraid there's not a lot we can do about it, and believe me, we do chase these things up - I make sure of that.

I have a good idea why all these player faces are not shown and teams are reluctant to send them! (oh yeah and I sent AFCB an email and they should reply soon :D)

The reason is:

AFC Bournemouth: Administration and near extinction (no time for games)

Sheffield United: 30 mil over Tevez (no time for games)

Weymouth: Takeover details (and they're not that great :p)

Barnsley: Ummm dunno. Barnsley fans know anything?

There. That is blatently the reason. :thup:

Hopefully now AFCB are out of trouble they can ask again ;)

well what do you think?

• SI Staff
then why don't you just put last years in for the players that are still at the clubs?

I did ask about that but we can only include pictures we were provided with this year.

And we do chase these things up (and continue to do so)

• 1 month later...
I did ask about that but we can only include pictures we were provided with this year.

And we do chase these things up (and continue to do so)

Could you not have asked their permission to use last year's?

To any interested:

I'm making a 3rd Party Facepack ATM, theres a thread about it in the GPTG. It's action pictures, but i'll try and remember to bump this thread when it is released:thup:

Archived