A positive demo thread

With all this moaning going on i would like to say my demo is great works well, match engine seems alot better, 3d looks good( should have seen SWP's 30 yard screamer!), press conferences are fun especially the "additional comments" bit, skin is good but above all it seems to be running very quick and i dont even meet the minimum requirements! I must say injuries are bad tho.

Oh an a lil tip: if you like the match speed to be the fastest; 3D looks much much better if you move the slider just of the fastest possible :))

yup im enjoying the demo, working hard to avoid injuries though, cancelled aload of pre season friendlies and dishing out rests after games seems to improve it somewhat, i also reduced the work load in training and found decent fitness coaches. only 1 injury so far this play through, sure it will change though haha

I agree I'm loving this demo to be honest. 3D runs perfect on my laptop, press conferences are great and I like all of the new features like extra stats and assistant manager feedback. Once the injuries and a few other bugs have been patched up this will be a brilliant game. Bring on the 14th so I can start a proper career game though.

i agree. after the first match i was very dissapointed by the 3d engine, but now after having another go, i'm getting used to it. it's great for seeing more clearly what's going on, even though there are glitches. all other part of the game have been greatly improved. have no issues with injuries.

I have to agree. There are plenty of places for the game to improve, but as usual it's making steps and as usual is heads and shoulders above the oposition. It's certainly not good enough that SI can retire, update the database once a year and enjoy the spoils of their labor, but then again, will it ever reach that level?

I'm enjoying the demo so far. The only major issue is the injury bug - I've seen 1-2 a match for the first 4 friendlies and now have lost 6 of my first team for at least two weeks each.

I haven't had the keyboard bug and 3D runs fine, but I have up to date drivers and Direct X. I suspect a significant amount of people's issues are coming from the fact that they do not understand their PCs enough to keep them up to date, and understand and troubleshoot a few issues. Not necessarily their own fault, but certainly not SI's either.

All in, I think things are looking good so far for FM09. Nothing a few patch-tweaks can't fix.

i'm very impressed with the extra detail that's gone into it all e.g seeing when a player started his international career and who against.

also loving the option to select a player in the first team to play reserve football without clicking on them every week.

it needs work but it's still a good game and not as bad as some people say it is.

im very pleased apart from the injurys but the further into the game , i find the less they happen ?

I can't remember who but someone from SI said injuries happen less in the season. During pre-season players are not fit, so sub them at half time if condition is low.

I only have one injury so far.

Overall I think the demo is great! Obviously a few tweaks needed but what games don't? Once the patches are released this has the potential and probably will be the best football management game yet and will be very hard to beat!

With all this moaning going on i would like to say my demo is great works well, match engine seems alot better, 3d looks good( should have seen SWP's 30 yard screamer!), press conferences are fun especially the "additional comments" bit, skin is good but above all it seems to be running very quick and i dont even meet the minimum requirements! I must say injuries are bad tho.

Oh an a lil tip: if you like the match speed to be the fastest; 3D looks much much better if you move the slider just of the fastest possible :))

IMHO I think this is an excellent demo, am enjoying playing it, well done SI

im very pleased apart from the injurys but the further into the game , i find the less they happen ?
I can't remember who but someone from SI said injuries happen less in the season. During pre-season players are not fit, so sub them at half time if condition is low.

I only have one injury so far.

I must admit, I'm intrigued by this and am gonna have a test of it tomorrow. If it is the case that a lot of people are experiencing injuries simply because they're charging into preseason without any consideration, then fair enough - that's a great inclusion, in my opinion. The jury's out, I guess, until we see more feedback.

Injuries are a killer but frankly the rest of the game is brilliant - I love the match engine and people comparing it to FIFA and Pro Evo perhaps should go play those games. This is a football management simulator and and the new engine makes it more realistic.

I like the press conferences, they seem to be a bit of fun and so far the new transfer module has been a big improvement.

Only quibbles are obviously the injuries and the data - seems to me as if the data has been neglected in some areas.

I think half the bugs people "notice" they only notice after everyone else has noticed it. Then they say there are 100 of bugs well, my game crashed once and without looking for bugs i haven't found any, if people are looking for them then i'm sure they will find them!

Great game though, loving the demo, loving press confrences loving the 3d! I really like the option of moving 1st team players who aren't in your match day squad going to reserves that is great, the ass man report is great too!

Great game

I do like the game apart from the crashes and the new 2d match engine because of the size it is all very small, with the crashes makes me think that if i buy the game will it still crash so am not willing to buy it until it can be patch fixed, on the positives love the bit when you join a club and it gives you the brief history in fact i like everything i have seen apart from the first 2 listed

I agree that people are over reacting and need I really enjoy FM09. My only gripe is that stoppage time is way too long, played 98 minutes when there was only 3 put up.

I had this I was away to Tottenham as Arsenal and it was 2-1. It said there would be 5 mins but ended up playing 99! Nail-biting stuff :D

I had this I was away to Tottenham as Arsenal and it was 2-1. It said there would be 5 mins but ended up playing 99! Nail-biting stuff :D

:D I just played 54 minutes in the first half and 97 in the second half, only difference is my game finished how it started, in an interestingly boring 0-0 draw

Im very happy with the demo, I had the typing bug until I put the game in windowed mode which is better for me anyway, I dont seem to of experienced the injury bug, Gerrard and Lucas got injured in training and Mascherano in a match but that has been it, I made a lot of substitutions in my pre-season games though, no player played a full match, that might be the answer, or I was just lucky. It does seem much harder though, which is good!

I'm getting into the demo now... Went Man City and bought Santa Cruz for £25mil and he got injured for 5 months so I can't use him on the demo...

"what a waste of money" :D

He he that's rotten luck. That sort of thing will probably happen to me knowing my luck :)

On topic though I do like the demo people always overreact. it's the freaking demo it's not going to be as good as the final version.

Its great - just playing like usual without trying to pick up on every mistake and it is really enjoyable. But then again everyone can have their own opinion - mine is that it is a great game and I hope that people see that eventually.

Yeah its great. Injuries need to be fixed but once you get well out of the pre-season its easier to keep players fit. At least this means the demo will be some use. . .

3D is great too now I disabled the stadiums, that was a huge drain on performance for me.

Overall couldn't be happier. Just hope the pre-season injuries is fixed up nice for the 14th. :)

Archived