Day of release patch? Many thanks but...

Obviously a day of release patch is excellent news fellas and thanks very much for that

however, just out of curiosity, will this come with a data update of any kind? i only ask as if it won't, i will keep a note of what happens between now and then and alter teh database myself

any idea fellas?

kinds regards and keep up the good work: gonna try the demo in a wee while :)

Obviously a day of release patch is excellent news fellas and thanks very much for that

however, just out of curiosity, will this come with a data update of any kind? i only ask as if it won't, i will keep a note of what happens between now and then and alter teh database myself

any idea fellas?

kinds regards and keep up the good work: gonna try the demo in a wee while :)

good question. things like harry redknapp at spurs came after the game was locked but now SI have been forced into an early patch will these data issues be added? id like to think so...

• SI Staff
good question. things like harry redknapp at spurs came after the game was locked but now SI have been forced into an early patch will these data issues be added? id like to think so...

I haven't been able to get hold of the data team today, but will have a chat with them and see if they want to do a data update too. It takes a lot of co-ordination and testing, so I don't know if it will be possible in time.

been playing twenty mins now - LOVING IT!!! absolutely love the 3rd engine, - love the way players now get different ratings, ala 7.1 etc (mint feature that) - transfer rumours are class an all! however, must eb said, two games = two injuries :( coincidence? who knows

don't do an update unless you can incorporate for day release patch - if possible that would be amazing though - few tweaks with player stats being mentioned in data threads, Harry Redknapp, Adams and Sherwood etc. Maradona... Andy Cole leaving etc etc - there ain't too much that springs to mind but the more up to date the better imo - also, Pompeys and West Ham with less money?

oh my, I LOVE how your reserve manager asks you which players they can select from first team! an amazing feature that, was always a lil pet hate of mine when i wanted a first teamer coming back from injury to play in reserves

Novo and Hleb have 1s in some attributes where they obviously shouldn't (researchers are saying these are entry mistakes etc.) so I'd like to see a data update fixing glaring errors and updating things like Redknapp and Maradonna. I don't mind if there isn't one though.

For me it seems that fm09 is just a fancy patch that fm08 should have had,,,,,,,apart from the 3d of course but then i can take it or leave it tbh

I haven't owned FM since the 2005 version, so I honestly wouldn't know mate...I've enjoyed playing the new FM09 demo though.

Anyways, I've found out about the new patch, happy that it will be released on the same day as the game. :thup:

I haven't been able to get hold of the data team today, but will have a chat with them and see if they want to do a data update too. It takes a lot of co-ordination and testing, so I don't know if it will be possible in time.

Even if you get the data up to date, such is the fickle world of football that by the next day there will be yet more changes and the Db will again be out of date.

In order to keep FM up to date, you'd need to release an update every day.

and that's beyond feasible.

For me it seems that fm09 is just a fancy patch that fm08 should have had,,,,,,,apart from the 3d of course but then i can take it or leave it tbh

That's the dumbest comment I've ever read. FM09 has introduced more new features than perhaps any FM/CM release ever and the match engine has undergone an unprecedented level of testing. Not to mention: 3D!

i was just curious is all as i would keep note of any major changes and add them in myself on the 14th - be nice for them to do it as well though, especially for the glaring errors (i.e. Hleb 1 for long shots) as I may miss some...

Surely if the game starts in July for most seasons, these things won't have happened yet?

I hope they will be releasing a patched demo as well. Many users (including myself) cannot even install the demo, so I will not be purchasing the full game to apply the patch and find that the problem still stands.

lol,, you dont have to be rude,, lol,,its just my opinion after playing a few games,,its not quite the revelation i thought it was gonna be,,perhaps when the game is released and i play it in depth my opinion may change, but until then i can only go on first impressions.

What you expressed wasn't an opinion, it was ignorance :). There's a difference.

I hope they will be releasing a patched demo as well. Many users (including myself) cannot even install the demo, so I will not be purchasing the full game to apply the patch and find that the problem still stands.

These people make me laugh, they have a right to an opinion etc BUT! If you buy anything from anywhere there is a chance it may not work correctly, obviously if that happens it will get fixed but sometimes it can take time! SI wont be fixing the demo IMO, its just there so people can have a glimpse of the work that they have been doing all year! If you do buy it and it still doesnt work, then surely your open to a refund under consumer protection laws, unless your machine doesnt match the system requirements, which is not SI's fault! Give Miles and the boys a chance, the demo has after all only been out 36 hours, and i have full faith they will get it right!

Data isn't important at this stage in my opinion. I don't mind waiting until january for a data update if it means the gameplay issues are resolved soon. Although i'm not having as many problems like everyone else, only 1 injury so far which is good.

Obviously the problems need to be addressed first. It would be good however to have Harry Redknapp/Juande Ramos sorted out for the patch and some other small tweaks, wouldn't you agree?

I personally think it would be great if all the club thread data issues were looked at too but i guess we'll just have to wait and see what Miles and the team have time for.

You know what, every year seems SI take 2 step back and we are here still complaining on things that should have been sorted by now.

The realise of 08 was the same a pure fail, 09 here we are again beta testing this awful product and again injury, poor impemented gizmo etc.

Why not concetrate to realise a goooooood fix no crap game instead every year we need to wait till the second patch ( dicember maybe) to actually play the damm thing.

I personally prefer the attitude of CM people they wont realise till april next year bcouse they wanna dish out a good game bug free, but mark my word if they accomplish all they say they would and test test and test again the game they will be more then ready for 2010 game and if the product is better SI will lose a lot of ppl over it.

I think this shamble is goin on for long enough stop using customer to beta test the game 2 weeks before come out and get to work propely.

Who wants to play a game when the season is over, a new transfer window opens a few months after the supposed April release. So you'll be playing a game with effectively last seasons players.

Maybe CM 2009 will start at the end of this season, at the start of the summer transfer window - in that respect it will be 100% up to date and 6 months ahead of FM2010.

I'm speculating, of course.

What i'd like to know is... Patch for the release is all well and good but imagine if you was some poor kid who had got a PC but no internet connection... That means he would have wasted £25-30 on a game that is riddled with problems. There are some people out there who have a PC but no internet and really it's not good enough releasing a game with so many problems before the first patch.

*;1961550']Hi i have a qn.. will the 2d classic match highlight screen be patch back to as big as in Fm 2008?

I know what this guys on about... when watching 2D classic like you would in 08 (eg not tv mode) it was a good size... now its a lot smaller because of the time bar i am guessing. But it is normal size in TV mode. Think he wants the normal way where it switches between match and say overview to have the normal size pitch like it is showing in TV mode. I would post a screenie but i'm at work and unable to show you. I can do it later though!

If you just load up the game and play a match not in TV mode and classic 2D then you will see what we're on about

2D lag likely fixed - Excellent! Although I'm now seeing potential of the 3D and may try to stick with this.

Match Engine tweaks (Injuries too I presume) - Excellent!

What about the slider for match speed and highlights? If that is changed to give back control for established players I'll buy you all a pint and class SI as the most efficient patchers in the games industry.

I can live with the match setup delay until later in the year :)

Is it possible you can post a screenshot?
I can.

FM 2008.

FM 2009 Demo

Edit: this is actually not the best of comparisons because QPR's pitch is obviously smaller than the one this Super Cup thingy is played at. But you get the general picture, the 2009 pitch is rather small and messy and I assume it looks worse on widescreens as the bottom bar takes up a lot of vertical space.

• SI Staff

Many thanks for that.

For me the difference is pretty negligible from seeing those 2 screenshots. On the 08 one there is tons of space around the pitch, while in 09 the dugouts have been moved closer meaning you dont need to see so much space around the pitch.

Plus the highlight bar takes up some space vertically, of course.

Basically unless there is something more severe occuring that we can see a screenshot for, I cant see this being looked at in all honesty.

Paul I'm sure you haven't got the time to keep answering our questions about the patch but I'll ask a question anyway! Do you know if the patch will include a fix for the 'not responding' problem some of us are having?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=54882

That is the thread where most of us have been posting. I'm just wondering because after reading you may solved the 2D Lag problem I was hoping this may have been resolved aswell or is in the process of being resolved.

Thanks

Archived