Scrap 3d?

Should the 3d engine be scrapped?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should the 3d engine be scrapped?

• Yes
    • No

haha great post.

although i cant use the 3D (yet, SI are working on that one ;)) and where ive tried the 3D on my home pc and wasnt that impressed with it, i dont think scrapping it is a good idea is it? you will be able to play the game without it and you can turn it off in the preferences to make the game run faster if you wish.

3D needs this early step so that in the future it can become great (hopefully)

I would like it back to just 2d making it faster, use less CPU and it will work for everyone again!

Let me get this straight.....just because you can't view the 3D part, nobody should?

You do realise you can just turn that part off?

I would like it back to just 2d making it faster, use less CPU and it will work for everyone again!

That'd be great, were it not for the fact that it's installed seamlessly onto my Vista 64 desktop and my Vista 32 XPSM1530 and runs well on both, and after several hours of benchmarking appears to use no more RAM or CPU cycles than FM08.

Luddite... good call Serpico.

But it does affect 2D, making it stuttery, does it not?

turn it off! hardly worth upsetting those who enjoy the 3D view is it?

Let me get this straight.....just because you can't view the 3D part, nobody should?

You do realise you can just turn that part off?

I can use the 3d but i choose not too because its just rubbish, the game would run better if it wasnt there

Dont say it looks good coz it really doesnt

I can use the 3d but i choose not too because its just rubbish, the game would run better if it wasnt there

if you turn it off the game will run the way it would if it wasnt there

It looks good......and I actually mean it.

What's not to like? I can now see Rooney lob the keeper from the edge of the box, I can see van de Saar pull off a stunning diving save from Torres and I can see Ferdinand slide in for a last ditch tackle.

you stupid?

you obviously dont know a great deal about how computers work then

And thats one of the funniest and stupid things I've seen on here today, and there has been some shocking posts today too.

It looks good......and I actually mean it.

What's not to like? I can now see Rooney lob the keeper from the edge of the box, I can see van de Saar pull off a stunning diving save from Torres and I can see Ferdinand slide in for a last ditch tackle.

And thats one of the funniest and stupid things I've seen on here today, and there has been some shocking posts today too.

i agree with you mate, really enjoying the 3d experience. you can see you team play better than you could in 3d and watch you polished moves come off lol

no need to scrap it, as with any new major features the 3d can be worked on and improved...

I still beleive that the 3d was to soon for fm09, I have always said that it should only be included when its the right time, i think SI have rushed this one.

But since its here we can only assume it will get better over the years..

If you don't like playing in 3D, have you tried the Elevated view, it's awesome :).

I love that view, it's the BESTEST.

Also, taking out 3D because not everyone can play it is very stupid. If every game ran by that philosophy, we'd still be playing pong.

lol.

You see though, he has a point, because those who have radeons 92xx will have to spend at least 100 € just to play FM, when most will probably not even use the 3D mode.

eh $100 not even close if u have a pci-e slot u can get a ATI Radeon X1650 for $39 or an agp Radeon X1650 is $63

haha great post.

although i cant use the 3D (yet, SI are working on that one ;)) and where ive tried the 3D on my home pc and wasnt that impressed with it, i dont think scrapping it is a good idea is it? you will be able to play the game without it and you can turn it off in the preferences to make the game run faster if you wish.

3D needs this early step so that in the future it can become great (hopefully)

:thup:

For people to even consider scrapping 3D this early is frigging ridiculous and pathetic. ffs, give the damn thing time!!! When 2D was first introduced it was nowhere near as good and smooth as it is now. I really think people's expectation of 3D are two high. I expect improvements to be made in laters versions, no question.

I'd much prefer 3D images than round circles. It definitely brings realism to the game as you can actually see if your tactics are working.

I like the 3D, if others don't, use the 2D or 2D Classic view...jeez, maybe us folks who like 3D should demand that 2D be scrapped for the next installment...even though we won't actually use it anyway!

Talk about petty and mean spirited! :thdn:

Aye mate, some of the comments on this froum about 3D are ludicrous. I am not saying my opinion is better than their but it's clear people are being melodramatic.

Archived