Winger coming inside

i agree, the fact the wingers can't be arrowed to run into the box has buggered up my fav tactic. I just dont understand the thinking in it!!?? why remove it, esspecially as it how a lot of teams irl play, i.e chelsea/barcelona. that prob annoyed me more the the fact when typing in-game letttersss reepeaat. an what happened to bein able to move a reserve player upto 1st team for a week or 2 to cover an injury etc???

Hi

I tried to put my width to 0 and my play through the middle

It has no real difference . All that happens is When Fabergas gets the ball , Nasri who is playing LW is no where in sight , he is so wide

I want him to be able to come inside and playing short , quick football

My Tactic with Nasri are

Mentality , Normal

Creative Freedom - Much

Passing is short

Forward runs often and run with ball often

He just stays out wide all the time and never gets the ball

Thanks

then why did si have it in 08?

i think they were not aware of the amount of people who had confused what the arrow had actually done. i think also that the extent of the match engine abuse caused by the arrows was not fully comprehended until FML tactics were going beyond it.

It seems they've changed the arrows to represent frequent forward runs or not, it would be nice now to allow arrows to dictate direction of those 'runs'.

indeed. because you cant train older wingers to 'get into opposition area' but the arrows would make that happen.(?)

Hi

Just thought that i Would tell you guys that I got it sorted

I put Nasri and Walcott in AML and AMR

Forward Runs where on max

Run with Ball was on max also thorugh balls on max

Free Role on

Also make sure that their corssing is set to NEVER

Creative Freedom could probabley be changed also so could mentality , mine is attacking and high creative freedom

Now the wingers will come in from the wings , and create chances , which is perfect and the full backs giving your width

Thanks

Yes, I have Maxi Rodriguez playing like Pires used to (only on the right) and it's awesome. Instructions are -

FWR mixed

RWB often

crossing rarely

TTB mixed

mentality, CD, CF are on 'team' (somewhere just to the right of middle in each case).

width is first notch of 'wide'.

Robben on the LW has got the same instructions but crossing 'mixed' and he gets to the byline much more often ('cross from' is on mixed).

Incidentally, 'cross from' seems to make a real difference in this version. Putting it on mixed (was prev byline) immediately saw the wingers often lay the ball off when they were level with the 18-yard box and then burst forwards - awesome!

Actually it was easy to get wingers to cut inside in FM08. Arrow from wing into box, lots of creative freedom and free role. full dribbling and forward runs would enable ML/R and AML/R to join in attack when ball was on opposite flank, or dribble inside and setup a goal or shoot. Ronaldo and Robben each scored quite a few goals this way.

Now after 2 days of buggerin about they don't cut inside 90% of the time. Just doesn't work properly tacticly. There are loads of wingers in the premiership that love to cut inside and shoot on goal.

Need to sort this out tbh.

• 1 month later...

Archived