how are the goals being scored?

notice there are not many goals from corner kiks or direct free kicks? I wonder now with the 3D view there will be a noticeable way goals are scored by a quick passing team like Arsenal or a long ball more direct team like Stoke ? Anybody notice a difference?

I have played only two games, but very nice goals indeed :)

One that I have never noticed in previous FM was:

1. Long kick by Brad Friedel on Big John (as set in tactics)

2. Quick flick header by Big John (set to be deep in tactics) to the space into the path of Gabby

3. Gabby Agbonlahor timely run onto this flick (as set in tactics) and gave keeper no chance by one-on-one.

Other goals:

1. free kick into the top corner by Ahley Young from left and 20 yards

2. Gabby held the ball to pass perfectly through the defence as Gareth Barry raced onto it starting from halfline, received pass on the egde of penalty area and went one-on-one (again set in tactics for Gareth to FWD run often)

3. simple header tap by Gabby, cross provided by Harewood (like Carew scored against Wigan two weeks ago - exact copy)

4. and one that I can not commemorate now :)

I see 3d as quite good, I like it and ME seems to be better as it has been in previous versions.

I had a great lob by Arshavin when I signed him for Arsenal. I've only got one goal from a corner thus far, one from a freekick, had a few good team play moves. I think the variety of goals scored are good so far, maybe possibily a few more corner and indirect set piece goals could be a possibility.

Ive got to november with arsenal, almost top of the table and scoring freely. Adebayors got 5 more goals than anyone else in the league and scoring all kinds of goals. not so many long shots though, mostly pass n move goals or crossed headers. Loving it!

notice there are not many goals from corner kiks or direct free kicks?

hmm, I had Anderson shooting my freekicks for ManU and he must have put away at least 1 per game, all really beautiful freekicks as well (haven#t changed any settings and am using standard 442 tactics). Judging from only 8 games so far though, but still, hasn't missed a game without scoring a direct FK

A few I can remember

Dribble from wing, along the touchline and squeeze in from a narrow angle.

Collect rebound and score from edge of box.

Curling free kick.

One on one and lobbed keeper.

Headers from corners, or from the ball returned after a corner was cleared.

Several tap ins.

Only a couple of long range screamers

So far I notice from the matches I watch alhough there is a variety of types of goals scored which is nice that the majority is being scored from outside the penalty box and very few take on the goal keepers one on one like Henry does from a through pass.

I've got quite a few from corners and headers, maybe because my main striker is a good header of the ball (17 heading 17 jumping). My first goal was a chip from the edge of the box and most goals seem to be coming from inside the box, only a few have been long shots.

Archived