Own Goals

I've just had two own goals in my first league game, there were only three goals in the whole game. One was with five minutes to go where my left back passes it into the back of the net from the edge of his area, under no pressure what so ever, with my keeper just standing there. Two injuries as well. The oppositions keeper having the game of his life to top it off. And the majority of the assisstants comments are completey irrelevant and incorrect.

What do SI do all year?

I've said this time and time again chaps but us Football Manager fans are now second class citizens to Football Manager Live. Those up there in SI Games now know where their bread is buttered (FM LIVE), which is a real slap in the face to customers like myself who have purchased the game religiously for years. The way I see it now - Football Manager is now being put on the back burner and is playing second fiddle to the new pet project of FM Live. This means that those of us who like the Football Manager brand will have no option but to subscribe to the monthly fee based FM Live as the current riddled/bugged Football Manager is almost unplayable but most certainly not enjoyable.

• SI Staff

Can the people who are seeing an inorderate amount of own goals in their opinion please provide us with assistance (via. the support forums) with investigating if this is the case or they're just being very unlucky.

The following would be a huge help with regards to this:

* Team played as.

* Division Played in

* Number of own goals scored (number of matches played in total)

Also if possible obviously pkms of the offending goals would be helpful.

PS - The FM and FML development teams are entirely seperate (and FM's is somewhat larger than FML's in case you wondered) so in no way has FML affected FM PC's development apart from giving the match engine more of a PvP workout than it used to get.

• SI Staff
What are pkms?

Sorry - a pkm is a file which contains all the information relevant to recreating a match (it stands for 'packed match' if you wondered).

You'll find these hidden somewhere either under the MyDocuments directly - mine are found in:

C:\Documents and Settings\Marc Vaughan\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\matches\automatic

(this may differ slightly obviously depending upon your PC setup/operating system etc.)

They're named after the matches in question so for instance I've a very exciting file named:

"Hereford v Leyton Orient 50, 410 VER.pkm"

In mine.

To find the match in question look for the teams who were involved, sorting by time/date often helps incidentally.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Marc

How come if SI do so much inhouse testing that they wern't able to pick out this ridiculous amount of injuries, own goals etc? Its getting absolutely ridiculous. Every year its the exact same thing..a demo comes out that is COMPLETELY riddled with bugs and glitches that should be picked up within a few hours of playing. And all it takes is to enter your name at the start to find out about the doubbbblee letterrrring.

Who the hell tests these things? Stevie Wonder?

Archived