last ditch

I don't know if anyone has noticed this but I was winning in a champions league semi-final with only about 3 mins to go. So they went all out attack as you would expect even sending their keeper up but for some reason left two players to mark my lone forward who behind the half way line. doesn't that defeat the purpose of sending a keeper up as you're supposed to be going for the goal.

I don't know if anyone has noticed this but I was winning in a champions league semi-final with only about 3 mins to go. So they went all out attack as you would expect even sending their keeper up but for some reason left two players to mark my lone forward who behind the half way line. doesn't that defeat the purpose of sending a keeper up as you're supposed to be going for the goal.

I think teams usually leave one or two smaller players back if they're sending the keeper up. The keeper's usually better in the air than the ones left back, which is why he goes forward and the others don't. They'll have instructions to just hit it long back into the box if it comes to them. Its how I set up in the dying seconds anyway.

Archived