Has the transfer system been re-coded etc ?

Changed/ recoded transfer system??  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Changed/ recoded transfer system??

• Yes
    • No

I transfer listed a GK I didn't want, offered him to clubs and the next day got six, yes SIX realistic (ie - meeting the asking price) offers for him.

He's just been sold. :cool:

Just to test, I loaded up FM08 and tried the same thing with the same player and got no offers whatsoever, not even an enquiry within 2 game weeks.

I hope FM09 continues like that, as it's fairly easy to shift players IRL, but has never been on FM.

I've also just sold a couple more reserve players. :thup:

Anyone that says no is completely ********! Its quite clearly ten times better than last years system!

Some people might not have given it enough time, or not tested it fully.

There's no need to label people ********.

the ai is a lot readier to negotiate now - at first it seems like they're still asking insane amounts for players, but it's possible to slowly bring the price down, and the ai will actually respond to it rather than asking for even more than they did the first time (a major bug in fm08)

there seem to be a lot of loan-to-buy deals, which is realistic as that's a big trend in football at the moment. can make it harder to raise money quickly by selling players, but it is realistic

however, there seems to be a bit of a problem with ai clubs bidding insultingly low amounts for players. people have complained of repeated £10m bid for rio ferdinand, and i had barcelona bid just £6.5m for £10.5m rated toure. unrealistic, because no club starts the bidding process in real life by annoying the opposition with tiny bids

Archived