Question for SI

FM 09 DEMO won't work on alot of computers, including myself and i know people from SI are working hard today to try and get the problem fixed for us. However alot of people have been told to buy this and that to make fm 09 demo work. Will SI make a patch for us that will WORK , so we don't need to buy things execpt the game ???

Beacuse they should !!!! i have no problems with any other game on my pc, this is the only one, my pc is only a few years old. A £30 game turns into £100 for the things you need buy to make it work over 100 people so far can't get the game to work so thats £3000 they have lost out of.. People will go to cm

4457 thats not correct, every computer manufactor has "standards" that they are told to meet when producing computers, as years go on these standards are raised (obviously as technology is advancing) but there usually based on the average computer.

If SI based FM around these standards, then its fine. But they clearly haven't because ALOT of people are having compatability issues.

not knowing what the exact problems people are having i can't speak about specifics but i do know that its extremeley difficult to make sure that a piece of software works with every potential variable of software and hardware combinations.

thats why at work we make sure that people only install what we want to on their computers so that any potential problems are easily spotted.

I have an Nvidia 8600GT card, with all the drivers up to date. It runs FIFA 08 like a dream, runs all the Civ IV games superbly, runs Medieval II: Total War like a dream.

Play a match on this FM09 demo and it crashes.

To be honest I'm surprised it needs such demanding specs, the 'Elevated' match sequence reminds me a lot of SWOS!

Archived