[FM09 Demo] Penalties

I've only had one but I was wondering what is everyone's experience with penalties, in Fm08 far too many was missed IMO. Vela shot straight at the keeper.

Anyone else had penalties and, perhaps, scored from them?

I've only had one so far (scored) but I'd like to note that the keeper dived for it, for those that aren't noticing diving. That said, he went the right way and yet was nowhere near stretching to reach the ball and stop it going in the corner, rather he more kind of flopped onto his left side.

If you pay more attention to almost all recent fm releases with the 2d m.e., IT HAPPENS ALMOST THE SAME!The keeper also then, in most times he stayed stoned in the middle of the spot. But because of the 2d view we never took so much care about it. The 3d engine just made it more obvious now!

My experience is that they appear massively flawed, I've had around 6 penalty shoot outs and the keepers have not saved a single penalty in any of them. Each time the one player misses and that's the decider, the last one I lost 10-9 to portsmouth after Neville smacked one onto the bar. I regularly go past the 5 pens each

There's no way that Van Der Saar wouldn't have saved one penalty in 6 shoot outs...

Carl

Archived