2D is awful!

As a long time cm/fmer I wasn't bothered about 3D and having played the new demo I have to say it's poor, but my point here is not the 3D it's the classic 2D it's awful, it's stutters through, it's not smooth or flowing and makes the whole match day experience terrible. How can SI break something that has worked fabulously for countless years? Please bring back the classic match day experience or I fear you will be loosing a lot of hardcore fm'ers. This added to alot of other changes and bugs such as only one match day "slider" which is useless, on the team selection team the previous players performances are identified by colours rather than player ratings, why? The fact that you know you've scored about 2 seconds before the ball hits the net, the terrible injury bug, the tyyypppinng bug and the apparent lack off any update on player ratings. sorry to be a doom and gloom monger. But I just don't like it. I really hope SI can sort these out as I don't want to live without FM! also has anyone else noticed it takes at least double the time to play a match? :(

I have used TV view and it is much better but there is something that I don't really like about it. I know its just me being picky but i like to be able to navigate around when I'm watching the game so i can see match stats, player rating etc and the widget thing isn't very good as it covers a decent portion of the pitch.

As a long time cm/fmer I wasn't bothered about 3D and having played the new demo I have to say it's poor, but my point here is not the 3D it's the classic 2D it's awful, it's stutters through, it's not smooth or flowing and makes the whole match day experience terrible. How can SI break something that has worked fabulously for countless years? Please bring back the classic match day experience or I fear you will be loosing a lot of hardcore fm'ers. This added to alot of other changes and bugs such as only one match day "slider" which is useless, on the team selection team the previous players performances are identified by colours rather than player ratings, why? The fact that you know you've scored about 2 seconds before the ball hits the net, the terrible injury bug, the tyyypppinng bug and the apparent lack off any update on player ratings. sorry to be a doom and gloom monger. But I just don't like it. I really hope SI can sort these out as I don't want to live without FM! also has anyone else noticed it takes at least double the time to play a match? :(

Are you talking about 2D or classic 2D?

I use classic 2D but that one isnt smooth has in fm 2008

I still really like the "2D classic" pitch, but would really like to be able to view it better in classic mode. The TV mode is good but I find I cannot see all that is happening with widgets on it, so would prefer the classic view to enable me to check player ratings, ass man comments etc. However in classic mode I think it is too small and I am not able to view it properly. I would ask if it is possible SI to make the 2D classic mode the same size as it has been in the previous versions, not the shrunk pitch size it is on this version

Anybody else agree?

I still really like the "2D classic" pitch, but would really like to be able to view it better in classic mode. The TV mode is good but I find I cannot see all that is happening with widgets on it, so would prefer the classic view to enable me to check player ratings, ass man comments etc. However in classic mode I think it is too small and I am not able to view it properly. I would ask if it is possible SI to make the 2D classic mode the same size as it has been in the previous versions, not the shrunk pitch size it is on this version

Anybody else agree?

Click on TV View then select the 2D pitch to make it bigger.

I was just playing the game in 3D mode and enjoying it when I thought I take a quick look at 2D to compare. Bloody game froze and I had to quit losing what I had :( :(

Take a look at this thread and comment on it please because I think its the same problem I have been having and so SI know its not only me having this problem http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=55256

Thanks.

Changes are not for change sake. When things are running properly (they do on my pc) they improve my FM experience.

But what improvement is supposed to come from making the classic 2D view smaller and more stuttery? I don't understand how it was working so well previously but they have now made it worse.

But what improvement is supposed to come from making the classic 2D view smaller and more stuttery? I don't understand how it was working so well previously but they have now made it worse.

Now old on.

When i press the "2D" , i get a smaller version of the 2D in fm 08, but it runs goood. When i press "2D Classic" i get a full screen 2d style one that isn't smoother.

Now old on.

When i press the "2D" , i get a smaller version of the 2d in fm 08. When i press "2D Classic" i get a full screen 2d style one that isnt smoother.

2D in TV mode is full screen. It stutters all over the place and you can't see your player stats unless you use a "widget" that covers half the pitch.

2D classic is like FM08 except it isn't as good as FM08 for some reason. The pitch is smaller and it isn't as smooth.

I have used TV view and it is much better but there is something that I don't really like about it. I know its just me being picky but i like to be able to navigate around when I'm watching the game so i can see match stats, player rating etc and the widget thing isn't very good as it covers a decent portion of the pitch.

That's what I was suggesting. I think the "2D classic" mode (not the new 2D mode) is very good, especially on TV mode. But as you have said I don't like the widgets covering all the action and feel I cannot navigate around stats and ratings and league table. I really don't think the shrunk version of "2D classic" on classic view is particularly viewable though, but if it filled the whole area as it has on all previous FM versions I think it would still be a great way to view the game.

Archived