1,213 members have voted

1. 1. FM 2009 DEMO - Hit or Miss

• Hit
    • Miss

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

miss,

will they every learn ? great game but let down by some SERIOUS bugs, a release day patch is all well and good, but seriously sending it to retail as it is was an awful error, how did the injruy and typing bug get pas Q and A, i picked it up within 5 mins of playing

Miss.

So many bugs that we all find in two seconds. So many bugs that were in 07 then patched. Then in 08 and patched. Now back in 09. Deep joy.

The amount of time a player spends on the floor after a sliding tackle is just ridiculous. The amount of time a player will stand with the ball doing nothing is silly. Player react slower than a sloth on mogadon. Players defy the laws of physics by running through each other. Yadda yadda yadda.

Without being able to play in 3D, there isn't much else in the game I don't feel worth buying it for. It is a shame because I have always bought CM/FM since 01/02 and loved every edition. However this year they seem to have put in so much effort on 3D (which I'm not saying is a bad thing) that they haven't delivered for those who cannot run in 3D. Rather disappointed. I may stick with 08 seeing as I cannot run 3D and wont be buying a new laptop for the sole purpose of playing FM.

If 3D worked then from what I have seen, I would possibly have a different opinion...

Like it says on the tin!!!!

I voted miss due to the problems the demo has at the moment.

I know the game will turn out GREAT, once patching is finished, but I am still disappointed that we're gonna have to go through this patching farce like last year :(

In the end, the game will be fantastic as always.

Obviously it's a miss, but i still believe the proper release will be good, i was disappointed with the PES09 demo but i love the full version of the game and i loved Fifa09 demo but didnt really like the full game. Plus 08 demo was worse i just hope they fix the crashing bugs i haven't managed to get to a match yet because i keep not saving it and it crashes and i load up from the very first day smh

Hit for me.

The double letter thing, easy hit the letter hit return, problem solved

Assistant manager in game assistance, makes it easy for a lazy player like me to suss out the new match engine.

Look for loan players, saves me getting knocked back every time I put in a bid.

Transfer rumour, got me some decent players a knock down prices.

Playing with Leeds, played 6 won 6, goals for 23 goals against 8, and the corner thing still works I think !!

Miss.

Enough said. :)

miss

as kurtis said

Therefore the DEMO is not fine. Miss
miss in my opinion. Was hoping for big things!!

The keyboard type problem is just stupid!! Surely beta testers should have picked this up dear o dear

miss,

will they every learn ? great game but let down by some SERIOUS bugs, a release day patch is all well and good, but seriously sending it to retail as it is was an awful error, how did the injruy and typing bug get pas Q and A, i picked it up within 5 mins of playing

Agree with all of the above......Miss..on the scale of 1-10...at least -25...just sums up the general malaise with some of the big name franchises at the moment

aside from my nightmare of getting the 3d to run with my intel graphics card i think the demo is pretty good.

The press conferences are the main thing for me at the moment - they bring all the media questions into one place & its flows much better!

only thing im not so sure about is the england trialists match??? - does this happen in real life?

Minus the injury problem I am enjoying this alot. I didn't want the 3D so that is not an issue for me. I like the press conferences, being able to play as a girl finally, transfers are easier to do. With a patch this is going to be a good game imo.

Installing the demo at the moment. Not liking the sound of too many Injuries again(we had the same problem last year..) but only playing it myself will tell. Will edit when I've played some.

[Edit] Same as last year.. I've had to bring in Free Transfers due to mass injuries, and then when I should be 4 - 1 up in the CS, all I can see if my players literally passing it to there keeper? So I drew and lost it to penaltys >.>.

Will be buying if they announce they've ironed out the bugs.

Absolute miss, again SI have

launched a demo that is badly faulty

People ask for help and never get any replies, they refer them to one thread that in all honesty is info they have from people who understand this stuff. I like playing football on my PC not having a degree in computer science shouldnt affect me

and too many people cannot even get it to work (I play UT3, CoD4 etc etc and never had an issue running any game except FM which gives me an issue every year they launch a new one)

and they are using the supposedly valued customers to test, something that really smell of cheapskates

But alas they have heard this all before and really dont care what people think. They will ignore it and get on with it, throwing a couple of patches out etc.

The game should be near as dammit correct even for a demo launch.

MISS.....I remember a year ago..Where we all had the FM demo with no problems at all....Now i can't even play FM cause of a crappy Graphics card...I Don't give a F**K what you say...Im not paying €50 for 1 Game.....SI have let down thousands of people. Im just glad i didn't Pre-Order!...Imagine people who pre-ordered it and find out they have to pay another £30/€50 to play the thing!......I have never been this disappointed in Miles and the Team before :(:(:(

Hit I haven't come across a bug yet. I have faith in SI, I mean I would rather them release the Demo now and we be able to tell them about these bugs, so it is ready for them to release a patch on release day, rather than them not give us a Demo and us not being able to patch the game the day it comes out.

3D is amazing and the Press conferences are just fantastic.

i try to like the game, i really do..

..but i just can't.. its a lot of time to wait for something as unfinished as this

in 5 games i already had like 10 injuries, a certain club is constantly asking for my goalkeeper, the 3d match engine is not what people assumed it would be, the "transfer rumours" feature is really irrelevant and boring (i saw it once .. and that's more than enough)

i mean..c'mon man..i had really high hopes for this one but it was a major disappointment

Hit. I've not come across any problems so far, no injuries after a few games, and I like the press conference feature and assitant feedback.

The only slight downside is that 3D doesn't work, but I didn't expect it to - tbh I wasn't sure if the game would work at all. I probably wouldn't watch it much anyway, 2D is fine for me. Might upgrade my graphics card once problems with the 3DME are ironed out, but otherwise all seems fine so far...

It's pretty shocking though how people can find these bugs within a few hours and yet SI and the testing team can't find them

I do agree with you here, It's just the way people are flaming them like its the end of the world and what not.

Archived