A question about improving performance of 3D?

Hi, I have an Intel P4 3GHz with HT processor and a Radeon X300 128MB graphics card. When I watch the games in 3D it can be very jumpy. It runs quite slow then all of a sudden there is a burst of speed and it is quite annoying. Does anyone know if upgrading the graphics card would be sufficient for improving this, or would I need a better CPU first? My CPU only seems to run at about 55% during the match, which makes me think a better graphics card would be enough.

Hi, I have an Intel P4 3GHz with HT processor and a Radeon X300 128MB graphics card. When I watch the games in 3D it can be very jumpy. It runs quite slow then all of a sudden there is a burst of speed and it is quite annoying. Does anyone know if upgrading the graphics card would be sufficient for improving this, or would I need a better CPU first? My CPU only seems to run at about 55% during the match, which makes me think a better graphics card would be enough.

If it's jumpy, see this thread: Defragmentation 101 (Even more important now we've gone 3D)

I have 2GB of RAM. And I know improving both CPU and graphics would help. But my question was will improving just the graphics card help?

That's good. Well, yeah, it would help but I would also upgrade your CPU to give you more scope.

Archived