So who's cancelled their order?

Have you cancelled your order for FM09?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Have you cancelled your order for FM09?

• Yes
    • No -- wouldn't dream of it.

I'm still in the process of downloading the demo so cannot comment yet, however there are many complaints. Some of the bugs are atrocious, I could understand if they were very hard to spot bugs, but double-text ect -- come on, what the hell is going on. Does FM even go through security audits? I don't think so.

Have you cancelled your order? Let us know!

Lets be honest: We aren't really going to have a decent game until say the second patch. I say second because the first one usually introduces more bugs which is annoying.

I have canceled mine.

It's not bugs, it's just that the game adds nothing to the experience of Football Manager 2008.

All the added "features" are unnecessary and add nothing to the game, and I did not feel anything is terribly missed when i resumed my FM 08 save after playing the demo so I won't be paying any money for that.

The 3D looks absolutely disastrous I remember having a game in late 1999 called UEFA MANAGER and the 3D was far more convicning than Football Manager 2009, full 10 years later. I know that this was not supposed to be a cutting edge 3D representation as I work in a professional computer company myself, but the amount of processing power required for the 3D engine is out of this world, I can make a 10 time better picture with the same requirements (It works just fine on my computer but peopel are complaining so... it does not make sense that bunch of basic animations taking so much processing power from cpu and gpu). Surely something better could have came out.

The game was rushed, I think had the game been released without the 3D, its reception would have been far better.

Started to feel like Football Manager is headed to become the new FIFA series from EA as it did not change at all from 2003 to 2006.

For the first time I promised I would not pre-order until the first patch was out. Then I saw the game specs and all the media. I thought, okay, I'll wait for the demo, it looks great and then I'll buy, sod the first patch!

Guess what? I'll be waiting until the first patch is out. There are basic errors in this game, it's sloppy from SI. I ill not hand over my money until the game works as it should.

Clean install on Vista 64 Ultimate, smooth gameplay, running fine, and no injuries yet after 2 games.... so my preorders are staying exactly where they are.

Seems Miles has said there'll be a day one patch if the physioroom.com find the injuries in the game to be aboe average, and there are some small known issues they've mentioned.

I'm happy so far, still finding my way round.

I think I'll be keeping mine after reading this: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=55372.

Problem is, the patch could introduce more problems. We'll see.

Some are having problems, some are not. So, I have to believe it is hardware related. I do have a number of computers with a wide range of hardware so I will be doing some investigating myself.

This happens every single year.

When the demo comes out there are loads of people who complain, but the fact is the game is an improvement on last years. Noone said the 3D was going to be fantastic, it isn't, but it's still a huge step up from 2D.

On a side note, maybe people shouldn't pre-order the game before they actually know what it's going to be like, then you can make a proper decision.

I hadn't pre-ordered the game, and the demo isn't making me want to do so. It's good (aside from the problems caused by the 3D), but I'd rather wait a while, read about the reaction to the patches, and then maybe pick it up later on. This year will be the first time in several years that I haven't bought the game on release day.

Besides, with FMLive coming this week, I'd probably rather play that.

I was never gonna use the 3d anyway even though my graphics card can handle it i knew there would be errors with it, and knew people would moan a bit like confidence last year, although i haven't managed to play a game yet it freezes before i get that far --not cool but i'm still keeping my preorder

Archived