FM 09 Match Engine problem

FM 09 ME just doesn't feel right. I think that 3D option is not anywhere near finished and it would be probably better that they didn't put it in this year.

In my opinion the problem is that because of the 3D the 2D view became worse than before because both use the same ME.

I just can not understand how beta testing didn't solve problems with players standing for 5 seconds before passing a ball. Did they see that problem??

Do the beta testers play the same game as we do???

Miles said that they were testing the ME for a long time (probably the longest ever) and they didn't solve some major issues.

Sorry for the bad English

I totally agree......they shyd have had 3d match engine then the fm08 2d match engine......i'm not a big fan of this atm the 3d is better than 2d on 09 only because it looks better but they both run poorly. as "3889011" said players just stand there for 5 seconds with the ball.

I'm not a big fan of the ME but I disagree that the 2D has been compromised. If you switch it to "2D Classic" then you get the same match engine as in 08. "2D" however is based on the 09 engine. Hope this helps in some way.

I like the new 2D view, it's slick imo. But I haven't tested it fully through, yet.

But I agree the 3D is lacking, even though it's above my expectations. But it's in the game now, so it can only get better in future FM games. :)

The 3D and 2D views both are just representations of the Match Engine's processing. Whatever you see in 3D will still happen in 2D, IMO it's just the presentation of the 3D that needs polishing, the Match Engine is generally good (apart from injuries).

Injuries are not part of ME processing.

All I want to say is that no matter if you are playing in 2D or in 3D the ME is flawed, how can you explain players holding the ball unnecessarily?

And how the beta tesers have not solved that issue.

My opinion is that they should have waited with implementing the 3D and concentrate in making the ME enjoyable, and then turn it into 3D

I am not against the 3D but i think it is not ready yet and the 2D implementation now suffers because of it. (the ME is made to suit the 3D)

I find the players pausing with the ball are mainly defensive players, so I think it is true that it is just the player looking for a player to pass to and this is fairly realistic, it just is more noticeable on the game, maybe the player should creep forward a little bit more. Might also be the defensive players settings exaggerating it, I have not tested them much yet.

In my opinion tackling is really bad my players can hardly disposes anyone even the shitty players are so hard to dispossess.

One thing that is good in this years ME is shot to goal ratio which is far more realistic than the previous ones

The 3d is just a graphical representation of what's going on in the 2d match engine, the guy claiming 2d classic and 2D/3D are different engines is just talking out his.....

And the players pausing on the ball was present in 08

I am not claiming that I know that it is the same ME. I am just trying to say that the ME is flawed.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived