Brilliant newgens from obscure countries..

I've recently picked up two very promising newgens (admittedly with the help of FM scout) from Bangladesh and Bhutan, there is also a player from Belize that plays for Parma who is going to be the best CB in the world. anyone know what the deal is with these players? is there a certain date when they are created? they don't have clubs and seem to appear randomly in the middle of the season. There was about 10 this season with pa 160+ but most of them just end up retiring because nobody knows they exist.

Originally posted by Duttz:

I've recently picked up two very promising newgens (admittedly with the help of FM scout) from Bangladesh and Bhutan, there is also a player from Belize that plays for Parma who is going to be the best CB in the world. anyone know what the deal is with these players? is there a certain date when they are created? they don't have clubs and seem to appear randomly in the middle of the season. There was about 10 this season with pa 160+ but most of them just end up retiring because nobody knows they exist.

Can we read people's posts before we answer them stupidly?

Duttz, I am speculating but I think that these players have such random nationalities that they never play at all so they find themselves retiring. Because of their nationalties they can never play in the big leagues and so they are never considered/found by scouts. I also thought that regens are regenerated the day after the national summary screen comes up so perhaps places like Bangledesh have what would be their national summary screen during the middle of the English season?

Originally posted by Duttz:

For all we know, there could be players with amazing potential IRL in Bhutan and Bangladesh, but without so much opportunity to play.. and they will probably in fact end up 'retiring' - i.e. giving up hoping to play for a living.

The best player I have seen out of an obscure nation would be this chap -

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk155/thechunkyboy/Phil_Houghton.jpg

He was discovered by Leeds when he was 19, I signed him 1 year later for 60k after my scouts thought he would turn out half decent, and after a couple of loan seasons in Spain his attributes shot up drastically. He was ready to make his debut in my first team when he returned, at which point my chairman thought it wise to accept a £2.4 million offer from Chelsea for him. Which I was understandably unhappy about...

So some of them do make it in the big leagues, they just need to be found first. I've tried signing a couple of newgens from little places like Belize/Montressat since then, but most fail to get a work permit and retire. Unfortunate really, since a few had fairly good PA's.

Originally posted by JohnShaft:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

Uh, and people say regens are no good? my god, that player is fantastic.

You ever heard of the expression "one swallow doesn't make a summer"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you work in the adult entertainment industry by any chance?

Originally posted by JohnShaft:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

Uh, and people say regens are no good? my god, that player is fantastic.

You ever heard of the expression "one swallow doesn't make a summer"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you Dutch? I am not sure if it is a saying in English, but I do think you wrote the bird name 'swallow' wrong and could be interpret otherwise. Like you say it now, one swallow could make my summer icon_biggrin.gif

that belize guy is pretty crazy icon_redface.gif

and yes, good potential players from weird countries are generated, but they tend to retire rather quickly and disappear. the trick is to find them before they retire and snap them up, but you always have to keep looking icon_razz.gif

players like this are also why i utilize trials a large amount. i play in the italian league where you can only sign 1 non-EU player from abroad per year, but this does not apply to trial contracts. Often times i'll take players on trial and other italian clubs will buy them, then at the end of the season i can buy them right back and circumvent that rule icon_razz.gif

also note the ages and current abilities of these regens, it's one thing to find a potential star but you have to find him at a time where he can reach his potential.

Hmm, not sure about PA's but I'd agree that some of the best rated young players I have are from places like Martinique, Indonesia, Iran, New Zealand, Australia, Palestine etc... some of yours look even better tho.

Originally posted by Pio:

also note the ages and current abilities of these regens, it's one thing to find a potential star but you have to find him at a time where he can reach his potential.

This is true, I looked at a few of these kinds of players with FM Scout and quite a few had PA's of 160+, but most had very low CA so reaching that potential even if they were spotted and signed at a young age would be a struggle.

Archived