Do they really "inhouse" test the game? I doubt it.

We've all heard about how they're in house testing these games from the moment they put it together, and are playing it all year round. So I have a question...

In all the inhouse testing they done, also the "professional testers", did not one of them try to sign a player or create any sort of training schedule?

The reason for this is because if they had tried ANY of that, they surely would of identified the ddoubblleeeee speeellinggg that has got to be the most tedious and frustrating thing I've ever come across in the FM series.

So either they don't test it like they say they do or the testers are totally and utterly incompetant.

Which one is it?

They cant have tested it for long as the press conferences are boring and repetitive and pointless,

Also some of the man utd players are rated TERRIBLE compared to real life, How can Possebon be rated 2 star potential & Rafeal only 3 they both get in the first team already in real life!

More likely the fact that most of the components effect other components. So x can be working fine but when they fix something else there is a knock on effect, which now means x doesn't work as it should. Its annoying and flawed but with a game as complicated as this, its inevitable.

They cant have tested it for long as the press conferences are boring and repetitive and pointless,

Also some of the man utd players are rated TERRIBLE compared to real life, How can Possebon be rated 2 star potential & Rafeal only 3 they both get in the first team already in real life!

There's a difference between 3 star potential for Man Utd. and 3 star potential for say Wigan.

3 Star Man Utd. is "Good Premiership Player" IIRC, what's wrong with that?

We've all heard about how they're in house testing these games from the moment they put it together, and are playing it all year round. So I have a question...

In all the inhouse testing they done, also the "professional testers", did not one of them try to sign a player or create any sort of training schedule?

The reason for this is because if they had tried ANY of that, they surely would of identified the ddoubblleeeee speeellinggg that has got to be the most tedious and frustrating thing I've ever come across in the FM series.

So either they don't test it like they say they do or the testers are totally and utterly incompetant.

Which one is it?

Or, and this is my favoured option, you don't know much about the intricacies of software development.

Some of the stats are shocking too. Zaki with 15 finishing, Anderson with 16 passing? He's one of the most consistent passers in the Premiership.

I'll find more no-doubt..maybe if they concentrated putting more time into things like this instead of giving us some poor attempt of 3D animation they might of done a better job.

Zaki isn't an amazing finisher. Also, before this season, had you even heard of him?

Re Anderson, he's a good passer, particularly close-range, but alot of it is down to his mental stats - his creativity and his general awareness and teamwork; and his good technique. He doesn't neccessarily have the ability to play killer balls or 70 yard passes to feet like Fabregas, Scholes etc.

But, if you have any issues.. data forum.

Some of the stats are shocking too. Zaki with 15 finishing, Anderson with 16 passing? He's one of the most consistent passers in the Premiership.

I'll find more no-doubt..maybe if they concentrated putting more time into things like this instead of giving us some poor attempt of 3D animation they might of done a better job.

What's wrong with 15 finishing? Do you think it's too much? I think Zaki has played fairly well and seems like a good finisher, so 15 is justified. He can't be given world class stats as of yet since clearly one cant rate him as high as say Ibrahimovich or any other world class finisher (stats anywhere from 17-20 maybe)

Same goes for Anderson, I don't think he can be put on the same line as some world class passers like Pirlo etc. 16 is getting there, but not quite yet. Justified imo.

Zaki isn't an amazing finisher. Also, before this season, had you even heard of him?

Re Anderson, he's a good passer, particularly close-range, but alot of it is down to his mental stats - his creativity and his general awareness and teamwork; and his good technique. He doesn't neccessarily have the ability to play killer balls or 70 yard passes to feet like Fabregas, Scholes etc.

But, if you have any issues.. data forum.

If you had watched Anderson at all in any game you see his passing is on par, possibly even of a higher quality than Carrick. You only have to have watched him against Blackburn to see a number of 50, 60 + yard balls to Rooney to see that.

Also Ronaldo's heading being worse than Crouch? Well if I couldn't laugh about it I'd cry. Just abysmal.

Or, and this is my favoured option, you don't know much about the intricacies of software development.

I think this is a pretty weak argument. You don't have to know anything about software development to be able to identify the glaring errors or bugs apparent in this demo. A five year old could have picked up on the entering ttteeexxxttt eeerrroooorrrr within a couple of minutes. How these in house testers did not spot this or the injury bug I will never know.

I myself have an honours degree in software development and know how important it is to test your programs before release, by performing even hallway testing (dragging 5 people at random with relative knowledge of the subject into a room) you should be able to eliminate 80% of the errors. I loaded up the game, created my manager profile and already I was hit with the text error. Shocking, just shocking.

I have been playing the CM / FM series for over a decade and have remained loyal to the brand throughout some pretty bad experiences. I was left disappointed again last year but felt that a few minor tweaks such as sorting out the board confidence / expectations and the transfer system would create a near perfect game. How wrong I was, It's the same shoddy end product that we have become accustomed to since the release of CM4.

I will still be taking the week off work but very much doubt I will be buying FM 09 let alone playing it.

Carrick is a better passer over long distances, but is let down mentally by, at times, an inability to play short, quick passes. Anderson is largely the opposite.

And yes, Ronaldo isn't a great header of the ball by any means. He's a very good jumper, but he rarely wins headers under pressure from someone else trying to header the ball, but rather when he is unmarked on the end of crosses towards him, or can jump in a crowded area, but with poor marking. Crouch has the ability to direct and control the positioning and power of his headers better than Ronaldo does.

Preferences -> Display & Sound tab on left, Resolution. :)

I, too, hate release day. I'm still not sure on the 3D engine, but by and large (with the exception of those farking double letters) the game looks solid and I've not (touch wood) been hit by this injury bug yet, the same as I wasn't last time round... I'm not preordering on the strength of what I've seen, but I'll almost certainly buy it.

Anderson is a good passer, I'd say 16 is fine, if not generous.

Ronaldo is a technically good header of a ball without question. But is he brave, is he strong, is his positioning good, hs anticipation. He is not the whole heading package, but if you give him a free header you may in trouble.

The double letters bug is fixed in the windowed mode
Preferences -> Display & Sound tab on left, Resolution. :)

I, too, hate release day. I'm still not sure on the 3D engine, but by and large (with the exception of those farking double letters) the game looks solid and I've not (touch wood) been hit by this injury bug yet, the same as I wasn't last time round... I'm not preordering on the strength of what I've seen, but I'll almost certainly buy it.

Ahhhh thanks. You're a life saver. In an instant made the game more enjoyable to play..although I'm still one the first day atleast I won't be frustrated all the time by that.

Cheers bud!

No, they don't test it well enough.

Double text thing.

Players standing on the ball for 5 seconds despite tempo settings/player instructions

Game randomly stops responding for all sorts of people (including me) unless we run in full screen.

Game randomly stops responding for all sorts of people unless its run in windowed mode.

At least 2 injuries in every match i've played so far (6)

Clubs still asking for ridiculous amounts of money for players - £15,000,000 for Nicky Hunt??

Sometimes the pitch in the 3d match engine is pitch black.

Goalkeepers lump the ball down the middle of the pitch every single time despite being told to give it to a defender.

Assistant advice doesn't update properly - he tells you to show people onto weaker foot, you do that, he still tells you to do that.

Players still DO NOT CLOSE DOWN PROPERLY.

I've seen all this after an hour of playing.

You would have thought SI would have improved (or even started) testing after the problems FM08 had last year.

No, they don't test it well enough.

Double text thing.

Players standing on the ball for 5 seconds despite tempo settings/player instructions

Game randomly stops responding for all sorts of people (including me) unless we run in full screen.

Game randomly stops responding for all sorts of people unless its run in windowed mode.

At least 2 injuries in every match i've played so far (6)

Clubs still asking for ridiculous amounts of money for players - £15,000,000 for Nicky Hunt??

Sometimes the pitch in the 3d match engine is pitch black.

Goalkeepers lump the ball down the middle of the pitch every single time despite being told to give it to a defender.

Assistant advice doesn't update properly - he tells you to show people onto weaker foot, you do that, he still tells you to do that.

Players still DO NOT CLOSE DOWN PROPERLY.

I've seen all this after an hour of playing.

You would have thought SI would have improved (or even started) testing after the problems FM08 had last year.

Are you kidding? Its all about releasing toekn new features that could really be done without. Sod fixing it!

Archived