Anybody remember Ultimate Soccer Manager

Do you remember the 3D match’s they had in that......

Besides the 3D though, I’m loving FM09! Good call to keep 2D SI!

An idea though; how about an option where you can watch the match in 2D, but have to goal highlights in 3D. That way I don’t have to watch the ‘below par’ 3D match engine for an entire match, but I would get a better idea of how good the goal was.

Do you remember the 3D match’s they had in that......

Besides the 3D though, I’m loving FM09! Good call to keep 2D SI!

An idea though; how about an option where you can watch the match in 2D, but have to goal highlights in 3D. That way I don’t have to watch the ‘below par’ 3D match engine for an entire match, but I would get a better idea of how good the goal was.

used to love that game, their 3d view was very similar to fm09 and that was years ago...

Yep, I had that one too. I wasn't a big fan of the betting angle, but the 3D was pretty good for its time. I love the 3D in FM 09. For me, the big part is the ball physics. The ball flight paths look great. I also love seeing a player burst through the defense. I also love the way the passing looks. The injury and early goal display bugs need to be sorted out, but as soon as they are, we are in business!

I must admit, after playing the game with 3D on a couple of times, i'm starting to get into it. I think my problem was, rotating between PES and FM 2009 just makes the match engin shabby. But thats not the point, it's not supposed to be about the graphics. You really get an idea of whos playing well, and who's under par. You can tell the good goals, between the lucky goals.

BTW, for anyone who has never played USM, you want to downlaod dos box, and then USM2. At the time it was amazing and I still play it from time to time AND it still entertains me! Believe it or not, USM 2 had a 3D view & and optional 2D view (much like Football managers 2D view)!

yeah loved usm, there was just something so fun about it, like it didnt take itself too seriously.

As for fm2009 am waiting for a few patches before buying, been playing since cm2 and this will be the first year i dont buy on release day. fair play to those who do, just my personal preference.

Archived