14th November release day patch?

Doubt there'll be a patch so soon after release - There was a lot of moaning around here with the FM08 demo too & we didn't get a full patch until a month after release.

Was it as bad as this last year with regards to people being critical of the game?

I have never seen so many angry people before!!

I hope there will be a releaseday patch.

But personally I'm afraid we won't see a patch before mid-January. Look at the past few years, the first patch is most of the time released in about 5 or 6 weeks after the release of the game. So in this case that would be somewhere in the first half of January.

• SI Staff

We've just been discussing exactly that, and analysing the problems to see how many people are affected, whether it's specific to a particular piece of hardware etc so that we know if the few issues that are being reported by mutliple users are even fixable for them.

Some will be, some won't be (due to way below spec machines), but we will do everything we can, but a decision has been made that we will do a day one patch for the game.

You can find out more at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=55372

With all the negative feedback going around today regarding freezes and injuries I suppose an answer we all want to know is - will there be a release day patch or will we be waiting for the 1st patch for weeks after release.

This being the same old forum as previous years it's hard to tell whether a patch IS needed.

For everyone unable to use 3D there's some who is. For everyone with a new GPU not running 3D there's someone with an oldd GPU who is.

Some have injuries, some don't. Some have crashes, some don't.

Every PC is different and since most opening posts are focused on the infantile gripe rather than sharing system specs and discussing possible fixes, the threads turn into a bandwagon of interactivism rather than a subjective discussion.

Hopefully reason will prevail andthere'll be a better view of actual game problems rather than inflated inidividual ones later this week.

We've just been discussing exactly that, and analysing the problems to see how many people are affected, whether it's specific to a particular piece of hardware etc so that we know if the few issues that are being reported by mutliple users are even fixable for them.

Some will be, some won't be (due to way below spec machines), but we will do everything we can, but a decision has been made that we will do a day one patch for the game.

You can find out more at http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114

Thtas wonderful news Miles - I think this version will be the best yet once the initial bugs have been sorted.

Miles,

Do you guys think it would be possible to release a fix for the injuries for the demo?

• SI Staff
Awesome news Miles, thanks.

However, the thread suggested that IF an imbalance with injuries was found it would be patched. All of us can't be wrong, it definitely needs changing. Can you confirm it will?

We'll change it if it deemed a problem after we've researched it further, and double and triple checked it.

Yeah it's not been a great deal of a problem for me, although i like to bring all my players off at half-time of any friendly, but however the 1st time i played the demo at aroud 11.30pm last night i had 7 injuries, i started a new game this morning only had two, so it's all about fixtures aswell, and not conjesting them (friendlies), however i did hear someone once had around 16 players injured.

Will the patch only fix the items in the known issues list? For example, I don't see anything about the right clicking problem on the Mac in that list. Obviously not being able to right click without the game freezing is a major issue, just wondered if you could list everything that will be fixed so we know whether to buy the game for release or wait until you've released a second patch to fix other issues.

if si can promise us there will be a patch come first day releasee to sort out the bugs i will have no problem buying the game but noway im i paying for wot we have seen allready,ive allways said games cant be perfect and ive allways said im not botherd if it takes 10 patches to get the game right,but i could't pay for wot ive tried so far

In SI's defence, it is impossible to get perfection. And let's be honest, nothing can compete with millions of people 'testing' the demo. Errors and bugs will appear that would otherwise never have surfaced.

Miles i have a question. My PC meets all the requirements except the video card which is EXTREMELY poor! But as you had said if not in 3d we can yet play in 2d so for all those people for whom the game does not start due to "Graphics System Did not Set Up" error, will the patch have a fix for that too?

In SI's defence, it is impossible to get perfection. And let's be honest, nothing can compete with millions of people 'testing' the demo. Errors and bugs will appear that would otherwise never have surfaced.

From the numbers of players reporting an obvious critical injury problem, I am surprised SI and its testers missed this obvious error!

sorry Miles I cant belive you "still" analysing how many people are effected............hmmmm.........99% of us Miles here you go you got the answer, or must be that all of us are running this game on crappy machine.

I can play more demanding graphical game then this( and good graphical game FM is not) so stop investigating like this is something out the blue and get the patch to make this game a little playable pls.

This version is brilliant now I have it windowed it works perfect so I can't wait for the full game now. There are bugs but thats always going to be the case. With people before saying 08 was unplayable they should get off there arse and try and program one of these, as I tried years ago and its so much you have to take into account. By far this is the best version and it will get better so I think they have done an A1 job, also giving us a patch on release now you tell me what other company does that.

Miles - do you think the patch will include an option to turn of 3d mode before you load the game so people like me can at least play the game in 2d mode?

sorry Miles I cant belive you "still" analysing how many people are effected............hmmmm.........99% of us Miles here you go you got the answer, or must be that all of us are running this game on crappy machine.

I can play more demanding graphical game then this( and good graphical game FM is not) so stop investigating like this is something out the blue and get the patch to make this game a little playable pls.

99% no. Not true. The ones who experience problems will always shout louder than the ones who do not.

Shouldn't be needed to be honest. At least not to fix the glaringly obvious bugs like the typing thing, the amount of injuries, the goalkeepers ignoring player instructions (and getting too many assists) as well as the more technical problems such as freezing and game crashes - all of which are obvious after about ten minutes of playing - if you can play the demo for ten minutes that is!

If all of these got through when they had months and months to test, i dread to think what bugs the patch is going to introduce considering it can only be tested for a few weeks!

Shouldn't be needed to be honest. At least not to fix the glaringly obvious bugs like the typing thing, the amount of injuries, the goalkeepers ignoring player instructions (and getting too many assists) as well as the more technical problems such as freezing and game crashes - all of which are obvious after about ten minutes of playing - if you can play the demo for ten minutes that is!

If all of these got through when they had months and months to test, i dread to think what bugs the patch is going to introduce considering it can only be tested for a few weeks!

Well I suppose you are right, but let's not harp on about it. SI acknowledge there are problems and are going to release a patch to (hopefully) fix as many as they can, which is very good news. Whether the patch makes a significant improvement remains to be seen, but we should give them a chance rather than keep complaining about what has already been done

its especially silly that this is the second time they've messed up with injuries. They had them right in 7.0.3 and mess it up with the release of FM08. They fixed them again and had them about right for 8.0.2, only to massively balls it up for FM09..

IMO the injuries aren't the problem, but rather that players physical condition drops way to fast leading to more injuries. Like the rate of injuries are fine when players are match fit, it's just that their fitness is dropping so fast they end up in a condition where they're gonna be injured easily by half time.

IMO the injuries aren't the problem, but rather that players physical condition drops way to fast leading to more injuries. Like the rate of injuries are fine when players are match fit, it's just that their fitness is dropping so fast they end up in a condition where they're gonna be injured easily by half time.

I think the rate at which players condition rapidly deteriorates, especially midfielders/wingers is the biggest issue on the demo, it's at least on a par with the injury situation. But yea, as you say, the reason why so many injuries are occuring could well be linked to the players condition dropping too fast, and subsequently being unfit for the next match.

I'm worried that the issue of recovery lengths is being ignored too - 1 month for a twisted ankle, 2 months for a twisted knee etc etc.

I agree with what you say, but it's not that unrealistic. I twisted my ankle/foot 5 weeks ago and only over the last few days has it completely healed.

However, I would like to see a reduction in the overall number of long term injuries as I'm sure you'll agree there are too many.

Archived