Is the game easy? Or is it just me?

Firstly have to say great game,, so addicted.

However, is it just me that's found my 2 games so far extremely easy?

Started with Celtic. Signed 2 players, didn't get in depth with tactics or training at all. However, I ran away with the league, won the Scottish Cup. Reasonably realistic. However in this first season I also won the Champions League beating Barca 5-1, Arsenal 6-1 and Munich 5-2 along the way.

Stupidly I saved a Hereford United game over this. Not too bad though as I got promoted from the Conference in my first season, then straight away promoted to League One (only lost League 2 on Goals). Nearly half way through that and I'm 3rd.

So what's going on, how's it been so easy? Am I just getting really lucky?

Firstly have to say great game,, so addicted.

However, is it just me that's found my 2 games so far extremely easy?

Started with Celtic. Signed 2 players, didn't get in depth with tactics or training at all. However, I ran away with the league, won the Scottish Cup. Reasonably realistic. However in this first season I also won the Champions League beating Barca 5-1, Arsenal 6-1 and Munich 5-2 along the way.

Stupidly I saved a Hereford United game over this. Not too bad though as I got promoted from the Conference in my first season, then straight away promoted to League One (only lost League 2 on Goals). Nearly half way through that and I'm 3rd.

So what's going on, how's it been so easy? Am I just getting really lucky?

It is a possibility that morale has a very large impact on player performance. When I started the game, I found it very difficult to get goals. However, once I got onto a streak, it became much easier - at least I seemed to score a lot more.

Since you were doing well at home, maybe your morale was very high, allowing you to beat these teams with such high aggregate scores.

I'm just taking a guess, I'm sure someone could give you a more accurate answer.

• SI Staff

As always we're monitoring all feedback and will obviously evolve the game for the next version with this in mind (but its still early days as far as difficulty goes and some people are mentioning they find it too hard).

I've been reading the forums and some people have been saying the game is too hard while others have been saying its too easy.

In terms of difficulty. I don't find the game too easy or too hard. I think it's just about spot on.

In my opinion the main variables to the overall result are - tactics, training, players and very possibly morale.

When I first started the game I loaded up some of the default tactics and found that most of them had the instructions that I wanted anyway (with some minor tweaking to suit what I like my players to do - not necessarily improvements to the tactic itself). So I feel that even if a player did just use one of the default tactics, results would be satisfactory - top table teams saying near the top, and relegation candidates struggling.

Training is pretty simple as well. Midfielders can either use a more technical approach to their game in some leagues or simply use the general schedule while the defenders, strikers + wingers, and goalkeepers have their default schedules loaded already.

In terms of players, I'm assuming that everyone is putting the right players in the right places, not playing players that are overly tired and using a tactic that is appropriate for a given team. Some players will sign players to fill a hole in the squad (eg Man utd players may buy a defensive mid). This is also pretty straight forward for people who watch football or have played other versions of the game.

This then leaves morale, which in my belief is is as important as the other 3 factors in determining the result of the game. I'm pretty sure SI wont release the exact effect of morale, but I'd still like to somehow find out if it is as important as I think it is. Its very difficult to test how big an impact morale has on the overall performance of the team without changing the other variables. I hope this can help explain why some players have massive winning streaks while others find it very difficult to win one game.

Just my two cents.

Archived