Graphics card 3D engine check

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those with integrated graphic cards, please post the amount of RAM and if possible, post up how much RAM is your laptop exhausting to run your graphics display?

for the latter request, I believe vista platform will show, don't think XP will.

thats because the integrated graphics card will tax from the main memory block to operate and its by a certain percentage; ie. if you have 2 GB RAM it may tax up 128mb ram; 1GB RAM may tax up 64mb. <- Just an example, not to scale.

This is my setup which DOES NOT WORK:

Im on vista BTW:

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E4500 @2.20GHz

Memory: 2.00 GB

Graphics Card: Its the Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, Chip Type is Intel® GMA 3100, Approx Total Memory: 286MB, Display Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)

for Steboyuk:

your chipset is actually newer than Mobile Intel 965 Chipset. But the latter could run.

I am not sure nor am I a guru in graphics, but, in wiki it says:

GMA X3100

The GMA X3100 is the mobile version of the GMA X3000 used in the Intel GL960 and GM965 chipsets. The X3100 supports hardware transform and lighting, up to 128 programmable shader units, and up to 384 MB memory. Its display cores can run up to 333 MHz on GM965 and 320 MHz on GL960. Its render cores can run up to 500 MHz on GM965 and 400 MHz on GL960. The X3100 display unit includes a 300 MHz RAMDAC, two 25-112 MHz LVDS transmitters, 2 DVO encoders, and a TV encoder. In addition, along with the latest drivers, the product supports DirectX 10.0[10], Shader Model 4.0 and OpenGL 2.0.

This graphics processor is affected by a severe erratum, under which interrupts may be delayed or missed when MSI is enabled. That may lead to a timeout detection and recovery message which results in a graphics hardware reset. So MSI must be disabled for the graphics processor(intel driver disables it). With that workaround, the X3100 slows down because it can only operate with legacy PCI interrupts and thus it is not a true PCIe device anymore.

Yours is under GMA X3100.

for those who are asking questions, sad to say most of us don't know. this thread serves to give a guideline the range of graphic cards working for the game, and not to solve it.

so do help if your game is working under ur platform :D

for Steboyuk:

your chipset is actually newer than Mobile Intel 965 Chipset. But the latter could run.

I am not sure nor am I a guru in graphics, but, in wiki it says:

GMA X3100

The GMA X3100 is the mobile version of the GMA X3000 used in the Intel GL960 and GM965 chipsets. The X3100 supports hardware transform and lighting, up to 128 programmable shader units, and up to 384 MB memory. Its display cores can run up to 333 MHz on GM965 and 320 MHz on GL960. Its render cores can run up to 500 MHz on GM965 and 400 MHz on GL960. The X3100 display unit includes a 300 MHz RAMDAC, two 25-112 MHz LVDS transmitters, 2 DVO encoders, and a TV encoder. In addition, along with the latest drivers, the product supports DirectX 10.0[10], Shader Model 4.0 and OpenGL 2.0.

This graphics processor is affected by a severe erratum, under which interrupts may be delayed or missed when MSI is enabled. That may lead to a timeout detection and recovery message which results in a graphics hardware reset. So MSI must be disabled for the graphics processor(intel driver disables it). With that workaround, the X3100 slows down because it can only operate with legacy PCI interrupts and thus it is not a true PCIe device anymore.

Yours is under GMA X3100.

Thanks for that mate, so my graphics card isnt up to standard im guessing?

Anybody offer any advice on which Graphics card I should try? Im looking for one ideally above the system requirements so it runs the game really well but obviousley nothing far too pricey? Anybody any ideas on which I should get or ones that are working for them, and how much I should be paying for it?

Archived