annoyed about the syetem specs

im sure a lotof you out there are very very annoyed that you wont be able to play this years fm 09. i am aswell. why use 3d if they knew this was going to happen. there just goin to be losing profit because i wont be buying it and im sure a lot of other people wont because it wont run on their laptop/computer. sort it out for next year please SI.:thdn::mad::thdn::mad:

Why use 3D? Because games evolve. Why should SI hold back because a few hundred have old, out dated systems?

its not old, outdated systems that cant run it. see poll on main page, about half the people there arent going to use 3d. people with brand new computers cant run it, and most of the intel chipsets dont work. my computer is only 2 years old at best and wont even consider running 3d.

why should people who have powerful gaming computers with high powered graphics cards be the only ones to use it? why cant SI make the 3d view more accessable to the wider players?

It doesn't matter if you bought your computer today, if it's not got a decent card in it, it ain't going to run in 3D. This isn't SI fault.

You don't need a 'powerful' computer to run it. All you have to do is meet the minimum specs which were posted on the 27th of last month. Haha, i can see it now 'We are on the brink of new technology with this game...but wait? What about those guys with Pentium 3s and 5 year old graphics cards? We need to downgrade it for them. And then there is the people still using Amiga 500s. Need to downgrade it for them as well.'

Doesn't work that way. You want to play? Upgrade your system. My 2 year old laptop can run FM 09 in 3d. Why? Because it meets the minimum requirements. Shame it will just sit there collecting dust while i use my desktop.

It doesn't matter if you bought your computer today, if it's not got a decent card in it, it ain't going to run in 3D. This isn't SI fault.

You don't need a 'powerful' computer to run it. All you have to do is meet the minimum specs which were posted on the 27th of last month. Haha, i can see it now 'We are on the brink of new technology with this game...but wait? What about those guys with Pentium 3s and 5 year old graphics cards? We need to downgrade it for them. And then there is the people still using Amiga 500s. Need to downgrade it for them as well.'

Doesn't work that way. You want to play? Upgrade your system. My 2 year old laptop can run FM 09 in 3d. Why? Because it meets the minimum requirements. Shame it will just sit there collecting dust while i use my desktop.

What a load of nonsense - my PC more than meets the XP minimum requirements - recommended RAM is 512mb, I have 1GB. Recommended video card is an ATI Radeon 9800, mine is the HD 3850 which is a more recent high endish ATI card. Recommended processor is 1.4 ghz, mine is 2.2ghz Athlon 3200+

My system is more than capable of running FM09 but the 3D (which loads and runs) is occasionally jerky and there are daft animations such as players moving without their legs doing likewise or people running on the spot. Yes more RAM might solve the problems, but the min spec is 512 mb, not 1gb.

SI apologists/fanboys seem unable to handle the slightest criticism of the company.

I am very confused as to how FM2009 needs a better PC than Fifa09, I run Fifa 09 with full detail easily on my laptop, but when it comes to FM09 it's really slow on the lowest setting and it freezes on 9 out of 10 matches. The 3D graphics aren't even that detailed, on a similar level to Fifa 97 in my opinion.

What a load of nonsense - my PC more than meets the XP minimum requirements - recommended RAM is 512mb, I have 1GB. Recommended video card is an ATI Radeon 9800, mine is the HD 3850 which is a more recent high endish ATI card. Recommended processor is 1.4 ghz, mine is 2.2ghz Athlon 3200+

My system is more than capable of running FM09 but the 3D (which loads and runs) is occasionally jerky and there are daft animations such as players moving without their legs doing likewise or people running on the spot. Yes more RAM might solve the problems, but the min spec is 512 mb, not 1gb.

SI apologists/fanboys seem unable to handle the slightest criticism of the company.

it sounds like you were expecting borderline photo-realism. no wonder you're disappointed.

If you look in the support forum, there are so many people with fairly average PCs who buy FM every year. Yet one year SI want to put in some **** 3D (I assume they only put it in because CM are doing it this year too.) and so a lot of people are ****ed. A big portion of people here only play FM on their PCs, so don't bother with the latest graphics cards, and they now can't play the game at all. Not that they just cant use 3D, the game wont even start.

Was the 3D ME worth it? I don't think so.

If you look in the support forum, there are so many people with fairly average PCs who buy FM every year. Yet one year SI want to put in some **** 3D (I assume they only put it in because CM are doing it this year too.) and so a lot of people are ****ed. A big portion of people here only play FM on their PCs, so don't bother with the latest graphics cards, and they now can't play the game at all. Not that they just cant use 3D, the game wont even start.

3D was well worth it. It looks great, the goals are fantastic. I had one crash in off the bar. Superb. So yeah, it was worth it.

But i guess for those you can't use 3D, maybe it wasn't.

That's life. Upgrade your old systems.

3D was well worth it. It looks great, the goals are fantastic. I had one crash in off the bar. Superb. So yeah, it was worth it.

But i guess for those you can't use 3D, maybe it wasn't.

That's life. Upgrade your old systems.

I'm not having any problems. 3D works for me.

Thing is I'm not happy that some people cannot even start the game because of some 3D that just looks like Fifa 96 (On second thoughts, Fifa 96 might be an improvement.)

Ok. If you say so. *Bakc to FM 09 with smooth running 3D*

Ahh...

idiot.

it is a shame that many will not be able to use 3D especially those who have been eagerly anticipating it.

i can run the 3D fortunatley but i don't feel it has made the game so much better for me.

the game is still very good without 3D so don't let it ruin the game

idiot.

it is a shame that many will not be able to use 3D especially those who have been eagerly anticipating it.

i can run the 3D fortunatley but i don't feel it has made the game so much better for me.

the game is still very good without 3D so don't let it ruin the game

How am i an idiot?

im sure a lotof you out there are very very annoyed that you wont be able to play this years fm 09. i am aswell. why use 3d if they knew this was going to happen. there just goin to be losing profit because i wont be buying it and im sure a lot of other people wont because it wont run on their laptop/computer. sort it out for next year please SI.:thdn::mad::thdn::mad:

there is nothing to sort out, times change and unfortunately so do PC's, if you can't run a 3D game like this in this day and age the problem is not with SI its your PC. Get a new one simple. Or use 2D.

I think the majority are annoyed about not being to play 09 rather than the 3D pitch. If 08 2d pitch is fine why can't 09 be the same?

Due to having 3D in FM09, all graphics are now rendered with DirectX, even if you don't use 3D, so that bumps up the min spec.

How am i an idiot?

You are an idiot.

Weird, was it not announced that you could turn on the standard 2d mode if you fail the minimum specs for the vid card? By the way, the chips SI lists as minimum requirements date back to the release days of CM 03/04 - one could be tempted to call this fairly obsolete hardware. 2 Ghz processors were very common in 2001 already. We're talking about a six to seven years old computer required to run the game. Six years, that's a lot of time in an industry like this. That's ancient. It's longer than it took entire platforms to rear their head and disappear, never to be heard of again.

Lets be honest people the game is not asking for much :/

You could go buy a comp for £300 and run the game very smoothly. Is it Si's fault you have a 8 year old comp? no its not.

You wouldn't go buy a ps3 game and expect it to play on your ps2 would you.

Archived