What are the transfers like...

Just wondering... Have the transfers improved at all?

I'm going to download the demo on Thursday after my turd of an Accounting exam. Don't intend to use 3d, so I don't really care about that. The main issue for me was the transfers (ie are the prices realistic and is it easy to sell players?).

So far I've read that Hamsik was sold for 32 million. I'd probably rate him at around 22 at best... How much does Arshavin tend to move for?

Thanks for replying. And enjoy your game while I try to figure out Properties, Plant and Equipment... God, I hate Accounting.

Well I bought Arshavin for Man United for £11.25m after offering £10m initially and then Zenit countered with £12m and then I offered £11m. Then they wanted £11.5m so I offered £11.25m and they accepted and I signed him.

From that one buy they seem to be improved. :)

Cool. 11.25 Million sounds like a reasonable price (... Except that Zenits chairman in real life apparently wants 22.5... But he's a nutter so who cares?...)

Has anyone tried to sign Defour? I'm guessing he'll be worth a lot more than last years 3 million Pound valuation. Especially since they just sold Feillani for 15 million.

on the subject of transfers, i had a look at Man Citys activity. (i am not man city, i am manager of Southampton)

Yury Zhirkov - CSKA Moscow, £11.25million

Marek Hamsik - Napoli, £22.5million

Vincent Enyeama - Hapoel Tel-Aviv, £60k

Marcelo - Real Madrid, £5.5million

Andrey Arshavin - Zenit St. Petersburg, £13.5million

Darijo Sma - Shakhtar Donetsk, £16.5million

Alexandr Anyukov - Zenit St. Petersburg, £10million

quite the spending spree they've had

selling is definitely easier. i could never get rid of itandje in 08, and i offered him to clubs for 2mill (his value is 1.6mill), and i got 4 offers for him. so i think its improved, havent bought anyone yet tho, cause liverpool have crumbs of a transfer budget :(

on the subject of transfers, i had a look at Man Citys activity. (i am not man city, i am manager of Southampton)

Funny, that was their shopping list in my game too lol I wonder how well that represents their january sales shopping?

Guest roberto922

Enyeama, Marcelo, Anyukov, Zhirkov, Hamsik and Srna have all signed for them in mine as well \o/ I'm in mid August so I'm guessing Arshavin will soon be there.

Looks like the Russian players have been improved. Enyeama for £60k? Pfft. I really doubt the club would let a goalkeeper of his calibre go at that price in real life.

What about trying to unload players? thats always been a problem even for half reasonable players at zero value?

I was very pleased to see that when I transfer listed players many clubs came in with reasonable bids. These were players no one would bid for on FM08 (Harewood, S. Petrov, etc). I even listed a player (Reo Cocker) for twice his value to see what happened and got a very nice offer on him.

Hmmm, I'm concerned that Man City have signed all of the above players for the exact same values in my game?!?

A quickstart is essentially just a save game. So everyone will have the same transfers go through over the first few days.

I'm aware that it's a saved game, but for those exact same prices is a bit questionable. They aren't pre-loaded, surely, and the only other possibility is that the AI made those moves before the quickstart was first saved...

The transfers are not fair in my opinion. Much too low. Michale Owen sold for 7million in my game, Joao Moutinho for 10 million, For some reason Real Madrid thinks Tevez is worth 11million and clubs keep putting players on the transfer list that shouldn't be there i.e. Marcelo, Cecares. Juventus is willing to sell Giovinco for 4.3million and I just bought Matias Fernandes for 3.5 million up front with 6 million due to be paid later.

Archived