Fm demo bugs

Hi

Here's the bug list

1. a LOT of clubs are attached wrongly with nations.

ex. Montreal Impact is in Canada, but says its in USA.

ex. if I look up for clubs in Canada, some portugese and serbian club come up and they have canadian grey players...

2. INJURIES

zomg? half my team is injured after 5 games into the season. Surely, this is not right?

3. Player Motivation Page

This page is only viewable in TV mode. In Classic mode, there's no way to view this page.

Also, sometimes, Goalkeeper gets the following message "Deserves a Goal" I mean... this is wrong...

4. Match wierdness

sometimes, it says "my player X had to concede a corner" but it should be the other way around. In fact, I end up getting a corner.

should be "my player X earned a corner"

some players with the ball stop dead... surely this is wrong... they should at least move a little bit if they are looking for people to pass to (if i watch football...)

Hi

Here's the bug list

1. a LOT of clubs are attached wrongly with nations.

ex. Montreal Impact is in Canada, but says its in USA.

ex. if I look up for clubs in Canada, some portugese and serbian club come up and they have canadian grey players...

You should get your facts right first.

Montreal Impact Football Club (French: Impact de Montréal) is a Canadian professional football team, founded in 1993. The team is a member of the USL First Division, the second tier of the American Soccer Pyramid.

Therefore, it is listed as United States in the sense that the club is in the American league. IF you go to the club's information, you will see that it is STILL in Canada -_-"

The only thing I wanted from this game was a decent transfer system, so I was delighted to hear they re-did it. 3D you can keep and all the other rubbish - like someone else said, they're great for 30 minutes and then they're boring.

But the transfer system has hardly changed. You still need to pay £25m for £5m valued players. J.O.K.E.

You should get your facts right first.

Montreal Impact Football Club (French: Impact de Montréal) is a Canadian professional football team, founded in 1993. The team is a member of the USL First Division, the second tier of the American Soccer Pyramid.

Therefore, it is listed as United States in the sense that the club is in the American league. IF you go to the club's information, you will see that it is STILL in Canada -_-"

I stand correct. I KNOW its in Canada, I AM from Montreal.

go in FM09, do a search for "impact"

it shows Montreal Impact, USA

but if you go into club -> information, it shows Canada.

USL is NOT AMERICAN. there are other canadian teams in USL (Vancouver), why should it show a USA flag?

Now, go to CANADA national team -> Domestic clubs.

It doesn't show MONTREAL IMPACT, instead, it shows up a portuegese team, and a serbian team.

The only thing I wanted from this game was a decent transfer system, so I was delighted to hear they re-did it. 3D you can keep and all the other rubbish - like someone else said, they're great for 30 minutes and then they're boring.

But the transfer system has hardly changed. You still need to pay £25m for £5m valued players. J.O.K.E.

Well from what I have seen so far the transfer systems has changed.

Well I bought Arshavin for Man United for £11.25m after offering £10m initially and then Zenit countered with £12m and then I offered £11m. Then they wanted £11.5m so I offered £11.25m and they accepted and I signed him.

From that one buy they seem to be improved. :)

Yeah they messed up the whole 3D thing. Keep it simple SI.

They sure did, have played two matches, seen three goals scored and the goalkeeper has stood prone and watched the ball sail into the back of the net each time. I'm yet to see a keeper make a save! Back to 2d!

3. Player Motivation Page

This page is only viewable in TV mode. In Classic mode, there's no way to view this page.

Also, sometimes, Goalkeeper gets the following message "Deserves a Goal" I mean... this is wrong...

No motivation in Classic View:-

Home/Away Stats

There is a drop down called View in the right corner. You can use this to view motivation in Classic View.

Canadian clubs issue:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian_White_Eagles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Croatia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Soccer_League_(current)

I'd be wondering more why some of the other teams aren't listed.

Wrong commentary issue:-

Post it in the Bugs forum along with a pkm :thup:

Players standing still:-

Can't disagree with you there but if you want to improve it for your own team look at

- Player mentality

- Run With Ball Instructions

- Team Tempo

- Team Time Wasting

Just a few observations from experimenting (not set in stone and open to correction)

- low mentality, medium to low tempo, medium to low time wasting, RWB rarely => player stalls on ball

- low mentality, medium to low tempo, medium to low time wasting, RWB mixed => player might be more inclined to move with the ball

- low mentality, medium to low tempo, medium to low time wasting, RWB often => player more likely to attack the space in front of him

- high mentality, tempo high, Time Wasting low, RWB rarely => Player gives up the pass quickly rather than stalling

- high mentality, tempo high, Time Wasting low, RWB often => Player gives up the pass quickly or attacks the space in front of him

The reason I have high/low/medium is based on testing. So I test the range and assume a step wise behaviour. So if set to minimums creates one behaviour and set to maximums creates another, everything else falls in between. So if I see a particular behaviour (like stalling on the ball) happening too often, I have a decent idea of what sliders cause it to happen consistently and then tweak them in the necessary direction to get the player behaving how I want.

Guest roberto922

USL is NOT AMERICAN. there are other canadian teams in USL (Vancouver), why should it show a USA flag?

It doesn't show MONTREAL IMPACT, instead, it shows up a portuegese team, and a serbian team.

Have you never seen the English leagues? Look up Wrexham, Swansea and Cardiff... zomg English flag, dude overload, ahh!!!

Firstly, I did not disagree that Montreal Impact is a Canadian team

Next, the USL First Division was created from the merge between the Select League and the old Division 2 A-League. The Select League was made up of its strongest teams from its professional FIFA Division 3 sanctioned Pro League and its amateur Premier League, whereby the Pro League here is considered to be from the Bermuda and the United States, while the Premier League here is considered to be from Canada and the United States. The old A-League, on the other hand, originated from United States.

There you go, since its roots are mainly from the United States, it is justifiable to put the United States flag for that league.

expecting to be paying market price for any player is the J.O.K.E obviously the player wasn't on the transfer list. If they asked for £50m you might have had a case. From your comment, the joke is why you would expect the club to ask the market price for players they don't want to sell.

Makes me wonder what did the beta testers do all this time while playing the game.

Had my game frozen aswell on Affiliated Clubs or whatever-screen

The 3D is annoying, useless and creates even more problems for us. As people are expecting it to be good, now you've done yourself SI and need to concentrate a lot on your stupid 3D engine to "improve" it (or rather, "fix" it) instead of the real issues like Regens (who knows if you've fixed it) or the ME/AI/Transfers.

You didn't fix other, more simple stuff, yet you decide to add a feature like 3D, nice move.

Other than that, it looks good, but the bugs make it so terribad :(

I had a quick look at the demo this morning with Forest and clicked on a club legend Stuart Pearce and the game froze - not good

Exactly what happened to me. And my game froze right before a game was about to kick off aswell. Not pleased at all :(

In FM2008 as Liverpool, I could never get rid of Benayoun or Kewell - even if i offered them for NIL - I have managed to sell Banayoun for 4m - so in this respect it looks better already. Will do some more transfers though before I say if it is better than previous version

The Canadian/American thing is still being worked out, as I understand it. I personally reported that issue and it's not really clear how to move forward with it at the moment. The teams are playing in leagues that are predominantly American, so that's the reason for them being set as being American. Same reason as Cardiff and Swansea are set as English. I'm very much of the opinion that Canadian teams should be identified as being Canadian, but I do appreciate that it's a pretty minor issue and that there have been much more pressing MLS/USA matters through development.

Archived