Fm 2009 and the whole FM and Cm series...

I think that Fm has become a victim of its own successes, It has raised the level so high that there is no longer great leaps from one year to another unlike say the great leap in the earlier years like say made in Cm 00/01 which is probably one of everybody's favorites or even the diskette CM 94/95 which was revolutionary at its time!

It was ahead of its time and now all it can do is small leaps with introducing 3D effects and little improvements. Even that does not satisfy as most will compare the 3D effect with the graphics of Fifa etc.

Anyway thanks to the team behind FM and CM for doing all they can do for so many years and listening to their supporters.

thanks guys

all the improvements are cosmetic, no real progress has been made since FM 2005.

in fact, FM has somewhat degraded from the CM days for a number of reasons.

1) Game is too slow despite looking like Fm 2005.

2) media interaction is useless.

3) regens are always broken upon release making long term games not an option.

4) slow slow slow slow, the number of leages we can run has been reduced, why ? playing with 1 league is both hugely unrealistic and boring.

5) Eastern European clubs are still 3rd world

6) South American clubs are still too rich

7) too much money in the game

8) too many bugs upon release

9) transfer system still broken

10) less match engine options then ever.

11) training is still a POS and below the competition

12) Long loading times

13)crashes

14) etc etc etc

these problems are year in year out and most of them are getting worse, high standards?

all the improvements are cosmetic, no real progress has been made since FM 2005.

I disagree. I could say "big things come in small packages", "sum of it's parts", "it's the little things" etc. but I assume these things are lost on you.

It's very right of the developers to introduce new things gradually, and then tweak them and improve them until they are of top quality, whilst introducing another thing and then tweaking that etc. FM is probably the series with the longest potential lifespan in gaming, so they spend that time making sure the little things make the overall game very good. It would be gimmicky to just add in big things, like some other games...

FM would be a terrible game if they introduced loads of gimmicks each year and then didn't work on them, because instead they're introducing even more gimmicks.

in fact, FM has somewhat degraded from the CM days for a number of reasons.

1) Game is too slow despite looking like Fm 2005.

4) slow slow slow slow, the number of leages we can run has been reduced, why ? playing with 1 league is both hugely unrealistic and boring.

Before now the number of 'runnable' leagues had been INCREASED, we had a faster game. So stop whining. Is it SI's fault that they're actually making a more powerful game? Options are to get a faster computer or use less leagues. Even if you only loaded 3 leagues you would have a very long save, you may not even ever use one or two of the leagues.

And of course it 'looks' like FM 2005. Heck, it looks like CM 93/94. It's not exactly sporting GTA IV graphics, it's data/statistics based.

2) media interaction is useless.

This is wrong even before FM 09 and 08. If your team's morale was low, you'd respond to a question to sneakily try and get them pumped up for the match. You see it all the time in real life.

3) regens are always broken upon release making long term games not an option.

8) too many bugs upon release

13)crashes

I never buy on release. You have to try and imagine the amount of work that goes into creating a football world with 50 leagues (or was it countries' leagues?) and every FIFA international team in existence, and trying to reflect the ever evolving real football world. Even if they just updated the stats of all the players, that would take seemingly forever.

7) too much money in the game

9) transfer system still broken

Money is indeed an issue. I haven't played FM 09 and won't for some time so I have no opinion oon if the rehaul is an improvement.

10) less match engine options then ever.

11) training is still a POS and below the competition

You should specify why.

12) Long loading times

Again, stop being dumb. The long loading times are because of your computer and settings.

14) etc etc etc

This is not even a point, and we can merge some of your other points to reveal you have even less points.

these problems are year in year out and most of them are getting worse, high standards?

FM is the undisputed #1 football management game. If you don't like its improvements and how, regardless fo what you think, have a big connection with the fans, make your own game, or get EA or Eidos to just make a better game than FM. From what you've been saying, it sounds really easy. :)

Archived