Fm09 is just a new patch!!!

I have played these games since the beginning from the 80's. I have got loads of people into FM. I have a PC and 2 laptops, one bought last week. The 3D works on none of them. My 20 friends can't get it working either. Therefore, for most of the players of FM, there will be no 3D! This makes FM09 just a new patch on the last game and SI are charging us £30 for it. Disgusting. For those who can't get 3D, it should be given to us free!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are either ****ing noobs or failures.

I have a Dell computer 1 year old, cost me £400 and it runs the 3D near perfect.

And about patch, like there has been any significant new features in the past few years. If anything, the past few years have been like patches with their minor updates and new little features. This time there is a whole new interface for watching games. More than a patch imo.

You are either ****ing noobs or failures.

I have a Dell computer 1 year old, cost me £400 and it runs the 3D near perfect.

And about patch, like there has been any significant new features in the past few years. If anything, the past few years have been like patches with their minor updates and new little features. This time there is a whole new interface for watching games. More than a patch imo.

Lol. Yes I'm a noob, I've only been playing them for 20 years!

Well my 3D isn't working quite that well. My grass was black. I could see the players but even then I didn't like it very much. It's going to take some time to get used to this game. My tactics were terrible and I'm getting beaten real bad.

Transfers do seem improved tbh, I can actually buy people at reasonable prices and I managed to offload a few youngsters which would never have happened in 08. As for it just being an update of course it is, every game has been since CM4, just as every game was since CM1, CM2 and CM3... these days they're based on the CM4 engines... the key is does it play better than the previous version and are the new features significant enough to warrant it being a different game... I think the answers yes.

You don't get any different from any other major yearly cycle game - your pro evos, fifas, cms etc etc, they're all just updates on the last version with little tweaks here and there to try and make it better.

people having problems with 3D? No issues at all for me...but then again, I have the latest nvidia drivers and a proper video card...

This man speaks truth. I believe a lot of people's angst will come from people with insufficient hardware. You can't expect 3D to work if you have some mickey mouse card. It just doesn't happen.

I have played these games since the beginning from the 80's. I have got loads of people into FM. I have a PC and 2 laptops, one bought last week. The 3D works on none of them. My 20 friends can't get it working either. Therefore, for most of the players of FM, there will be no 3D! This makes FM09 just a new patch on the last game and SI are charging us £30 for it. Disgusting. For those who can't get 3D, it should be given to us free!

3D is working a treat for me and for many others. So random comments like "for most of the players" are based on what exactly? Have you considered the fact that it might be a problem at your end? Just a thought.

I think you are a liar. I don't like to flame or be rude on these boards, but I do not for a minute believe you have 20 friends who cannot play the game, and I do not believe that a new laptop from last week will not play it. My laptop with crappy graphics plays it fine.

Playing for 20 years my @ss. If you had you would be able to see the changes.

Totally disagree.

The demo is much better than I expected mainly because I did not expect too much in the first place for two reasons.

1. My laptop is below the minimum requirements.

2. The download took ages so to pass the time I was reading all the moans on this forum about it so I thought it must be really bad.

Also about the transfers, based on one I did they are better as the AI negotiates now unlike before.

As with a few others I have to disagree. I've only played on the demo a little, 4 matches and a few transfer deals and sure their odd tiny little issues but nothing overly major for me personally. This years skin I can actually live. Transfers do seem improved. Though some of a famous players on free's (Ronaldo, Appiah and Ljungberg) can't be got for next to nothing in terms of wages. I like the media interaction and some of the other new features too. It's not perfect, FM/CM never has been, but as always it is a step in the right direction.

3D runs okay (could be smoother, but its not like its jerky) and my laptop is almost 4 years old. It's a P4 3.2GHz HT, 512MB RAM, ATI X600 Mobility 64MB. Runs fine in 1024x768 full or windowed, in 1440x900 feels a bit sluggish.

Also to add it's lovely even though I downloaded the demo from steam, I don't have to load steam to start it, just run fm.exe directly.

If we were still playing 06, Mourinho would be Chelsea manager, Arsenal would be good and McLaren would be getting the England job. Don't you think time and effort goes into updating the database alone, thats before developing a 3D rep of the match engine and all the other stuff. Far more than just a patch.

the match engine looks really good to be honest. i love it. so that alone is a very good improvement. transfers are also much better. the only thing i am curious is the regens, too bad we will have to wait for the full version to see about them. : )

I think your not giving SI enough credit, as a programmer I understand how much work actually goes into something like this, and its not very pleasing when jokers only point out the very minor flaws. I've played every incarnation of this game and can see the improvements from one release to the next

It doesn't worth to buy FM every year. The changes between versions are ridiculously small. I've bought each two years (I play since CM97/98), but now I considering each 3 years. Especially because this annoying DRM thing.

This is a buying year for me. Hopefully FM2012 will be a good improve from the current one.

All the glitches are a patch away from fixing imo. Thats what a demo is for, to test

Well actually a demo is a "demonstration" of the full version. It's the sales pitch. It's "hey all you guys on the fence or who've never heard of us, this is what we do best".

QA guys are there to test. Demos to sell full-versions.

HTH.

People seem to complain about the fact SI makes "minor" differences from game to game. I agree, they could have added more changes, but why change it a lot?

That's what PES always has been doing and honestly, it's starting to **** me off. New engine every game. Instead of just fixing the faults of the old games and adding some new features, new bugs appear and I get annoyed.

I like FM how it is and why try and destroy something that's good? :)

Totally agree with this whole patch thing.

No-one else will care about it, but I just started with East Fife, my local team.

Steve Fortune, doesn't play for them.

John Martin, doesn't play for them.

East Fife's chairman is far richer than any other in the division.

Whoever the EFFC researcher is, tell me now!!!

people complaining about lack of new features after playing the game for 4 hours.... sigh!

You haven´t even noticed half of them, and alot you won´t even notice until 2 - 3 seasons in... Come back in a month and complain...and oh yeah, buy a new computer... Every new installment of a new game will demand more of your PC, it´s fairly simple..

To the OP, if you bought a new laptop only a week ago, and you can't play 3D, by the sounds of it you got ripped off to say the least mate. That is ofcourse assuming it was new etc.

I read all the negative feedback on here before i got the demo, however i don't think the 3D ME deserves as much stick as it gets. The gameplay, whilst not perfect, better illustrates a real football match in 3D than any other management game before that has had 3D imo. The balls are created with skill and precision, i am quite happy with the generally gameplay. There has been barely any graphic glitches, where the game has stopped/paused etc. The graphics on the 3D ofcourse have a long way to be classed as excellent, even good in some cases, but i don't think the 3D is all that bad.

The only other part of the demo i am willing to criticise, as i am happy with the rest is, like many people have already stated the injuries! I swear every game i have played i have incurred ATLEAST 3 injuries per game, MUST be fixed and quick, otherwise players games may become unplayable and we'll have to wait for a patch so we can atleast play for longer than 4 months before the entire team is injured.

Overall SI im fairly pleased, was hyped up (mainly by the fans) and now many blame you for what they see as a 'poor' demo, however i am not one. I'm generally pleased and will still be buying the game. The 3D ME is quite nice to watch, and where the graphics lapse or are unrealistic (such as the way players kick the ball, take 5 seconds to get up from a sliding tackle) i can use my imagenation. I'm already looking forward to see how the 3D ME can be improved for FM 10, but still cannot wait to start a career save game when the full game comes out. Only negative thing i will say/ask is for you to PLEASE fix the injury bug ASAP even on release day, because it will be incredibally hard to play a save game with the amount of injuries that go on.

Cheers.

Bah lies... laptop bought last week and cant run 3D? unless it has a S3 chipset (if so its all your fault) it is either in 3rd/4th hand or you bought a discontinued 4 year old laptop...

Seriously the required specs are LOW... some people should stop dreaming about playing FM15 in their old Pentium 3 and 128 RAM that they used to play CM4...

Yes i agree lets be honest the game should be given for free forget all the money SI have pumped into it (Y).

But on a serious note i think the game has improved a lot, better and more realistic transfers going through the 3D is good and the press confrences really add something to the game.

Your always going to get people who critisise the game but still buy it. Answer is mate if you don't like it one simple thing : Don't buy it and enjoy FIFA manager.

Archived