Is it working for you?

Have you got it working  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Have you got it working

• Yes, all good on first attempt
    • Some problems, but all ok now
    • No, not at all, it's having none of it

It would be interesting to see the comparisons in hardware specs between the people who've got the game working with no problems and the people who haven't, and perhaps which download method they used.

Mine's working (although I haven't tried 3D yet) - my specs are:

Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2002 SP3

Intel Pentium M 2.13ghz

2GB Ram

nVidia GeForce Go 7900 GTX 256MB

Downloaded via Steam.

I used the direct download from the SI website...damn thing won't even install in it's folder, wasted over 3 hours of my time tonight...highly ****ed off with the whole thing.

If the finished retail game performs like this there will be many unhappy customers.

Downloaded,Installed,Started, All in under 30minutes :D

Same here, had repetitive crashes just before starting a match, but installing the latest Run-Time update from the DirectX website got it working fine. Still not massively impressed though.

It would be interesting to see the comparisons in hardware specs between the people who've got the game working with no problems and the people who haven't, and perhaps which download method they used.

Windows Vista SP1

AMD Turion 64 x2 1.6Ghz

2gb ram

nVidia GeForce Go 7600 (and I believe that its 256MB)

Downloaded via Steam also

3D runs well on certain views in window mode (closer the view the more it seems to stutter, although its not bad) and well on all views in full screen.

Didnt work at first because i thought i had the latest directx. just installed it and then it is working fine and my computer is quite crap tbh.

P4 1.6 GHZ, 1GB ram, ATI radeon 9600 (the crappy one). I also watched a match on 3d, takes long to load, but i dont really like 3d at all anyway, i ll stick to 2d and everything is silky smooth but gotta see on large database with 2-3 leagues.

it took eight years to download and another six to install, and when i did load it up it froze, but just finished the pre season games on my second attempt and we're going, albeit stutteringly, along ok.

even the 2-d view is slow and buggy, but i'm less annoyed than i woud be as i've already budgetted for a new laptop in my next paycheck

my current machine is just over the specs, so a machine twice as good will = twice as fast.

yeah, maybe.

Absolutely appalled! I have a decent enough running laptop and a decent enough running PC, both of which played FM08 with no problems, and neither can load the demo. Had no problems installing it but when it comes to clicking on the desktop shortcut to get into the game both have DIFFERENT problems.

Laptop says the game failed to setup graphics system even though the graphics system is up to specs, and the PC fails to initialize fm.exe... presumably the same fm.exe that the full game will run on. I can't understand how this can happen. Even if the computers had problems with the 3D engine, the game should start up and 2D be available to them.

Unless SI can give me and the rest who have had problems an explanation before the end of Monday then I will be cancelling my pre-order... I won't be able to even load the game up.

Did any of you actually download the .exe file (no steam or torrent)? Or is it just me?:p

I downloaded using steam and all Ok. I am now downloading from Gameshadow as I do not like Steam. Hopefully this will work fine as well

Archived