Bitching in first impression threads

jesus what a bunch of whingers about the demo.first off its only A DEMO as in a taster,of course there ll be bugs and that -early days,its....a .....demo.the other point is moaning about graphics and computer,just what other games have you lot been playing for the last year,if it cant play this just what can it play-mario bros?

The idea of the demo is so SI can get some positve feedback and work towards the first patch which the games always need anyway.no doubt the game will have teething troubles but thats why its not out for another fortnight.positve vibes everybody.seems like the best version of this game so far,in my opinion.good gaming all:)

I cant play the game either and blame si completly.

I got home from work about 30 mins ago and not one of them had come round and downloaded and installed it on pc (atm only 38%)

Im sorry but ive been playing fm since cm01/02 and if thats the way they are going to treat people now then i wont be buying the full game :(

:D

People are going to moan because at the end of the day they've played the game for years and want to see some positive form of progress.

At the end of the day it is a demo, but the amount of testing that has gone into it should have picked out some of the problems prior to the release of the demo. The 3D aspect is annoying in some respects for some people because firstly as a new feature EVERYONE wants to use it so you're outlawing some people from using it straight away.

Secondly, it slows down the rest of the game - especially 2D. This is all constructive criticism. As a regular buyer of the game from CM96, I can honestly say that the game is fantastic in itself. But still needs to be tweaked some more to get it right.

The demo is just a limited time version of the full game, nothing will be fixed before the release as a result of this feedback, but it may be considered for future patches.

The demographic of people playing this game means you're not going to get a big thread fo constructive feedback, you're going to get immature ramblings and whinging.

People can say it's only a demo, but the demo is based on the gold (ie, boxed) version of the game.

I've personally enjoyed the demo, alot of new and useful features - but the 3D representation is clearly unfinished. I've seen players play passes directly behind them with some serisouly dodgy animations. The players themselves don't look particularly 'fluid'. For example, I was playing as Celtic and Samaras was chopped down just past the halfway line. He then proceeded to get up and lerp to his target position on the pitch before his get-up animation had even finished.

However, the 3D does look promising, it just needs a few litres of polish and it will really add to the experience.

I'm hoping (but doubtful) that a launch day patch will tighten up the 3D experience a touch.

When we've been whipped into a frenzy for the new game there's obviously going to be a lot of frustration when people play the demo and it feels like a step backwards from what we had by the final patch of the last edition.

I'm trying not to be negative because I knew I wouldn't like the demo, I never like the new game for a couple of weeks and this has left a more positive impression on me than last year's version did. The problem is that some things have improved greatly but some of the fundamentals aren't there yet, and that is disappointing.

constructive criticism is the chief way the game improves - hence the bugs forum, and the existence of first impression threads that allow negative as well as positive feedback. i never understand why people get offended at criticism of the game

Depends on how it is worded, really.

Constructive criticism is all well and good, destructive criticism is rife on these forums....

came in here basically to post what KRS already has - without us pessimistic gits the more obscure bugs would take longer to be identified and SI would have less idea which ones were seen as problems by the most people (to prioritise which to fix). don't get after people for having high standards

I don't think that is the problem. I saw the thread you posted and it was very good constructive criticism but another one was posted just swearing and moaning about FM.

Archived