Looking for ambitious clubs

I am looking for, what I guess you would call ambitious clubs. Specifically clubs that offer large (comparatively) wage and transfer budgets, preferrably not located in one of the big European leagues i.e. England, Spain, etc. Although, if there is some super-ambitious club in League Two or Serie C2 then I would be interested in hearing about it as well.

I am looking for, what I guess you would call ambitious clubs. Specifically clubs that offer large (comparatively) wage and transfer budgets, preferrably not located in one of the big European leagues i.e. England, Spain, etc. Although, if there is some super-ambitious club in League Two or Serie C2 then I would be interested in hearing about it as well.

I have thought about Shakhtar, they would be the a perfect model for the type of team I'm looking for. Didn't they sign Lucarelli from Italy for buckets after he had a career year? I am interested to know if there are any other clubs that fit in the same vein as Shakhtar. I think some of those top russian clubs like Zenit St. Petersburg would probably fit in here as well because of all those russian oligarchs. Great suggestions so far, keep 'em coming!

Archived