FM09 Demo - injuries

Hi all - long time CM/FMer since 95/96 - first time poster.

Have downloaded the Strawberry demo and started as Arsenal. Have found that Fabregas is out for 2 months straight from the off which was not the case in real life.

Have started 4 games as Arsenal to test this and he always has the same injury.

At that point I decided to set up a friendly against my reserves on the 9th July - game starts on the 8th - by the end of the game 6 players were injured with periods out for between one month and five months.= despite everything set up for light tackles and relaxed play.

This, on top of Cesc's non-existent injury, means I'm concerned that the injury coding is a little OTT as it was pre 8.0.1 patch last year and 7.0.1 the year before.

Anyone else having similar injury issues?

(Rest of it seems good though my lappy won't do 3D - anyone reckon I could move a save game between desktop and laptop on a memory stick so I can use 3d on desktop but rattle through some games on the lappy so I can sit in the lounge with the wife?)

Cheers

Herbie

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah had the same problem, i played againt the U19 team with Barcelona, Gudjohnsen, Iniesta, Messi, Xavi and Henry all got injured under the game. And i did changes during the match so there where like 6 players left on the field playing.

Come on SI, you need to respond to this.

I know the demo has only been out a few hours but come on... this is a stupid bug in the game that really should have been noticed. Just play 3 or 4 matches and see how many injuries you get.

When will this be fixed?

Picked Arsenal, CL match against L. Sofia.

First half, 2 injuries 3 knocks, had to use my 2 sub.

Second half brought more injuries. I completed match with 7 people(one playing w/knock, yes, used all my subs for earlier injuries)

3 injuries in as many games so far. Could this be related to the wider issue of players becoming exhausted too quickly?

Before a friendly my assisstant told me that 2 players were already struggling for breath at kick-off.

Yeah same here, 4 inuries in 3 games, not slight ones either, 3 and 4 months each.

this will be the same in the actual game too until the patch :(

makes you wonder, everyone notices it but SE dont, who are testing these games before thier released?

apart from the injuries and this silly typing error i must admit i do like it :).

I'm hoping "yet to be injuries" aren't included in the game?

Martin Skrtel of Liverpool was only just injured last month (October 2008), I'd hate to think when I start a Liverpool game (in July 2008) he's listed as injured.

FM being able to predict the future would be stupid.

My currently injured players at Man City (who weren't originally injured) the day before my first league game are: Etuhu, Dunne, Marcelo, Zabaleta, Kompany, Ball, Robinho, Jo, Diarra, Hamsik, Onuoha, Wright-Phillips and Garrido.

I have to say this is more than slightly over the top.

It's kinda off putting, haven't had such a negative view of a new CM/FM game before. Playing as Man United, and have 13 first team players injured. Just had a week of international games and Rooney, Tevez, Downing, Aguero & Capel were all injured at the same time.

im quite concerned that when i start up a west ham game on release day that the combination of lots of injuries in the game + west hams useless record of keping players fit recently = no players left. someone sort it out! if not SI then can some one at west ham sort their problems out please ;)

I've uninstalled it. The injuries are too much for me to cope with without going insane.

I had 6 DCs in my squad (Dunne, Richards, Kompany, Ben Haim, Onuoha and Veloso) and by the 3rd round of games every single one of them was out injured for periods ranging from 3 weeks to 8 months. I cannot be bothered dealing with such ridiculous circumstances.

I won't be playing this again until the injury situation has been rectified.

I don't understand how this issue is still in the game at this stage in development, has it not been bug tested at all? Myself and everyone here recognised there were far too many injuries within minutes of playing the game, how on earth were SI not aware of it?!

Completely agree, Walcott got injured for 5 months, Fabregas also out (like you said) injuries to folllow were Denilson, Diaby, Adebayor, Van Persie...

I resorted to bringing Wilshere and Vela up to the First Team, where they both got injured, in the same game... on there first game?

****ing ridiculous, not happy.

I actually pre-ordered FM, and canceled the order within 30 minutes of playing the demo.

Seriously SI, sort it out!

I don't know what demo you all are playing, but i'm not having any of these injury problems. I got the steam version of the demo... Played like 15 matches so far in FM09 and i've gotten three injuries (all 2-4 weeks long)...One of those injuries was even from training!...

I have started playing with Man utd..

So far i have 6 players out injured... well 5 actually as Nani is about to come back..

And all of them are out for about 1 month... oh yea and all first team players...

Oh yea and i am still in pre season.. so lets see what happens once the prem league starts..

4, 5 or 6 first team squad players out injured is not that unusual really. There seems to be a bit of a weighting problem going on though if there are 10+ at once.

Is it possible that managers are just trashing their players by playing them when they're unfit?

Edit: I have only had one or two new injuries in total despite several quickstarts.

Too many injuries. They usually come in the matches. Currently have seven players out, including Robbie Keane and Yossi Benayoun both for 5 months, and another two for at least 1 month. Crazy.

My currently injured players at Man City (who weren't originally injured) the day before my first league game are: Etuhu, Dunne, Marcelo, Zabaleta, Kompany, Ball, Robinho, Jo, Diarra, Hamsik, Onuoha, Wright-Phillips and Garrido.

I have to say this is more than slightly over the top.

echo that mate! I still have Robinho and Kompany though. I've got Marcelo too :)

Archived