Where does Steam install FM09 demo?

Well I've downloaded the FM09 demo and launches through Steam but upon inspection cannot find FM09 on my pc?

The folder is there in Documents but the usual one in Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009 is not there at all?

I only wanted to put the .exe on the desktop or the quick launch area.

So to play it do I have to always load Steam first and then FM09 and will this also apply to the full version?

right click fm 09 demo in steam and then click the add shortcut to desktop option

Thanks mate. Though the shortcut was not the usual one just a paper icon but found it thanks to the answer below. So now have a proper shortcut.

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\<YourSteamUsername>\FM09 Demo

To move it to a different partition just cut the Steam folder from program files and paste it on to the new partition drive.

I found it at C:Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009 demo

But I get the gist of where you said it was and was able to find it and copy a shortcut to the desktop.

Oh if you wanted to make a shortcut to the desktop you should just open the 'My Games' tab in the Steam client, right-click on the game and select 'Create Desktop Shortcut'. Just letting you know for future reference in case you continue to use Steam. I recommend downloading Counter-Strike: Source and, when it comes out, Left 4 Dead. - Sorry I didn't read your post correctly.

The full games are installed in 'C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\<YourSteamUsername>\FM09 Demo' but the demos in the Common folder - my mistake.

Archived