How did your FM08 story end?

Mine won't end until I win 11-in-a-Row with Celtic but hell, I'll spew my whole story. =P

I started unemployed with Sunday League experience, got the Llangefni Town job in January 08 when they were rooted to the bottom of the Welsh Premier. Relegation would see them disappear from the game altogether (due to a weird glitch in the Welsh system) but I managed to save them & led them for another 4 seasons, winning the WPL in my final season and allowing me to garner enough reputation to make the switch to AFC Wimbledon who were struggling in the Blue Square South. I stayed with them for 10 years, moved to them in their Tenth Year Anniversary (2012) and left for my dream job at Celtic in 2022, their Twentieth Anniversary. In that 10 year period I brought them through all the English Leagues - eventually winning the FA Cup and surviving relegation from the Premiership in what I decided would be my final season - I moved to a struggling Celtic who had only won the league twice since my game begun. Rangers had won 10 in a row and I've sworn to better that before I move on to 09...

Just won my first SPL league with Celtic and Scotland is a lot tougher than I expected, I had a team full of over-paid, moaning jessies that I had to get rid of and replace with affordable stop-gaps & Gretna, Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock are forces to be reckoned with.

It's funny how certain games get a grip of you like that, isn't it? =D

2011 in a game I had not played on for a long time. Resigned from Israel took over at Ayr United in the Scots Third Division and beat Dumbarton who are in the Second Division in the League Cup 2-0 away from home. So that for me will be the end. Only as good as your last game!

i started my game with york, lost in the playoffs first season, but then won conference, fa trophy and the other one in my second season beofre securing the crystal palace job and taking them into the prem, i achieved mid table in my first season before everton came calling after a truly awful season. i set myself the target of european places, made some astute purchases including modric and arshavin before they hit the headlines IRL, but it seemed the big four couldn't help but lose, and in every game i played against them, i won 7 drew 1 lost 0. i found myself on the last day of the season level on points with Manchester United at the top of the league. they had a tricky game away at man city, and i was away at west ham. my goal difference was better by about 6. (i cant recall exactly). Man utd were 4-0 up at half time, and i was 1-0 down. in the second half i threw caution to the wind and threw 4 forwards on, and ended up winning 4-1, whilst united didn't add to their total. i had won the league!! my second season was even better i won the league comfortably and added nasri and eto to my squad, reaching the champions league final before succumbing to my personal nemesis Man Utd. my third and final season i added robben to my squad and won the league comfortably again before facing united again! in the champions league final, this time a 2-1 victory in extra time meant i left for the england job on a high. things got better as i led england to two world cups and two euro victorys rooney been unstopabble and double world player of the year award, i made him my first purchase as barcelona manager although he was far from cheap. barcelona had finished 10th the season before i took over. in the following 11 seasons i won 10 league titles and 6 Champions league titles (i think, i dont have the save anymore). my final job was man utd and i won two titles and a champions league beofre retiring. Def my best and most successful game.

Doesnt work for me!

Gone into preferences, unchecked the full screen box, but it says my system doesnt support these settings!

Right click on the fm icon, go to properties, then shortcut (I think not in windows right now) and in the box where it says target add "-small_screen -windowed" (without the quotation marks) to the end of the c:/program files etc etc. It should load windowed then.

This is my last game, just finished my 4th season as Preston manager with my all UK & Irish team :)

Squad-List.gif

Played as them as they where one of the Original big clubs, and i wanted to put them back to where they should be...

league-table2.gif

Shame i never quite made it :(

My FM08 ended with Newcastle in the year 2015/2016. Got to 2 Semi-Finals and the Final of the Uefa Cup... 90 Minutes (Newcastle 1-0 Man City) - 94 Minutes (Newcastle 1-1 Man City) - Newcastle 4-5 Man City PENS

Archived