You cant win all league matches in FM 08? (random super team matches)

Hey.

Just for fun and after a nice time in my team, i decided to create a new team and new game, making super good players just for fun. Its no surprise that i win all there is to win and im in my 3rd season.

But there something that bothers me. My team, is the best in the game and so are the players. I win all competitions but, theres always matches that the opponent team manages to win (specially in the league.) In my first season, i had only 2 defeats, so has my second season and reaching the final weeks of the 3rd, i already have one defeat. the numbers seem to fix in the number 2.

But, what really matters here, is how i practically crush these teams (like 8-0 or more) and them i lose to a weak team:

Perfect Example: I faced a team that was in 16th on the league, being me in first. This was in week ~18. I came with a win of 6-0, and isn't a surprise that at half time im losing 2-0??

Ok. In second half i manage to equalize 2-2 but wasn't a surprise that i lose 3-2 on the final minutes? And heres another thing: i faced the exact same team 2 weeks later for the cup. Did they win? No. I won 9-0! How can this be? The exact same players and formation (in both)! And yes, that game was in the second season contributing to the number 2: 2 defeats.

Well, im just messing around with FM, its not a big deal about this. I don't fell bad if i don't win all matches with my super team, no. What matters is how this happens.

This is what i call the "Random Super Team Matches" where weak teams become Real Madrid's and Barcelona's.

FM05/06 was definitely modified to prevent a team from winning every game in a season, by hook or crook, I even it being banded about as one of the "improvements" when all it actually means is that the AI will make sure that there are just some games you're not allowed to win.

I suppose the best way to test this would be to put a team of 200ca/pa players in the conference south and see if you win every game.

Would be quite depressing if you are right about this. Personally I wouldnt play if I thought there were games I couldnt win, would ruin the game.

I suppose the best way to test this would be to put a team of 200ca/pa players in the conference south and see if you win every game.

Would be quite depressing if you are right about this. Personally I wouldnt play if I thought there were games I couldnt win, would ruin the game.

I did that as a holiday test and won every game apart from 2, which were drawn. I can't help but feel that it would have been a 100% record if it wasn't a holiday test. It's just a question of probabilities.

In any case, this is a fairly irrelevant question of extremes. A club simply won't win every game in a season IRL at the levels we are talking about with reference to the game.

Archived