Record signing

Was just wondering what anyones record transfer fee is when you've signed a player and who? Mine was £94m for leo messi when i was manager at real madrid. Had about £240m in the bank at the time and that was his minimum fee release clause

In silly games (a LAN game with a money cheat), £77m for Joaquin, back when he was good. I spent £74m on Adriano the previous season.

In a serious game, f--- all as I tend to hang around the lower leagues. The highest I remember was spending £14m on Cavenaghi when I was playing as PSV and I hardly slept the night after signing him but before his debut! (It was a serious LAN game and my mate was off home, obviously in a single player game I'd have been up all night!). I'm sure I've spent more, I have played some games in top leagues, I've been playing for more than 10 years.

I've just noticed all 3 players I signed faded away in real life. I should sign Cristiano Ronaldo... :)

£60MILLION for Fabregras 1 weeks before transfer window following injury crisis at barca... then £60million for C.Ronaldo on the eve of the window closing... all thanks to a decimated midfield. And Ronaldo was pants, ended up a fringe player, and a poor 1 at that

lets just say the board weren't best pleased with that dent in the bank books!

this may seem like a stupid question but...........what is a regen and how do you get them?

The newly generated players that turn up to replace those that retire etc to keep the number of players in the game fairly constant. They will just turn up in your youth team and in other people's youth teams at the start of the season (apart from some who will be free agents).

Im like scrooge with my money but the most is probly like £4million for modric :)

I scour every league and every international teams under 23s/21s for some cheap talent :)

ditto tbh - freebies, youngsters and loans, all very important for my game.

I signed Silva for 35m pounds as Newcastle... he finished his career with us, more than ten years.

In that same game I had Mike Ashley go over my head to accept 50m from Arsenal for Mario Ballotelli. We got the better deal, he was only about 177 max P.A.

Archived