Scouting for kids.

Yes, while that title is wrong in so many ways, it does lead into this problem i've come across. With no money essentially as Derby, i've sent my scouts all around Europe to find me good 16 and 17 year olds who might turn out to be wonderkids soon.

Well, i've found this one lad from Croatia, who's agreed terms. But.. he's awaiting a work permit.

Why does he need a work permit if he's born in Croatia, which is (as far as I knew) in Europe?

Yes, while that title is wrong in so many ways, it does lead into this problem i've come across. With no money essentially as Derby, i've sent my scouts all around Europe to find me good 16 and 17 year olds who might turn out to be wonderkids soon.

Well, i've found this one lad from Croatia, who's agreed terms. But.. he's awaiting a work permit.

Why does he need a work permit if he's born in Croatia, which is (as far as I knew) in Europe?

Croatia is not in the European Union.

Only about half the countries in Europe are a part of the EU which is what determines wether or not a person can obtain a work permit. Work permits are not handed out to people just because they come from a European country...

The European Championships are for all teams that are UEFA members. That includes all EU countries, plus the European countries that are not in the EU and even a few who aren't in Europe at all, such as Israel and Kazakhstan. (Not that they ever qualify for the finals tournament.)

Archived