Will it be bug ridden?

Will FM09 be bug ridden?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Will FM09 be bug ridden?

• Yes, remember CM04 and its "improvement".
    • No, they tested game enough.

Obviously there will be a few issues that people will have but I don't think they'll have the same problems that they had with the release of Football Manager 2008 version 8.0.0

What's the point of this? How on earth can any of us know?

I get the impression some people are HOPING for bug after bug so they can yell at SI for being either idiots, lazy, stupid or money-grabbing scum who don't care about their customers.

Final option should have been: "I'll wait and see, then post calm, reasonable comments in the bugs forum if I find any".

I don't like the use of the term 'bug-ridden'. It's like you're asking to choose between two extremes - either overflowing with bugs or none at all. If you're going to make a poll based on a subject none of us can possibly know the answer to, at least gives us more choices. If you really have to use the term 'bug-ridden', could we not also have had a less extreme option such as 'a few bugs but they won't hinder my enjoyment too much', or something like that?

I doubt it will be bug free, infact, I don't know of any game or software that isn't bug free. I hope the game has been tested enough so that there are no massive problems as I don't mind small ones too much!

exactly. if anyone can name a game with no bugs at release, I will be very surprised. Remember that even 01/02 had some quite bad bugs.

It is impossible to make bug free game.

I just want to know what people in this forum think/hope/fear about 09?

I hope it will be as bug free as possible. But if someone found bug in preview video.. man, it doesnt look good.

Yeah, but your poll options are the two extreme ends of the spectrum. Some of us can't honestly choose either of them. I think there'll be bugs, but I wouldn't use the term 'bug-ridden'.

If there are bugs in the game, report them in the FM09 Bugs forum which is no doubt going to arrive once the demo is up, and if there are issues then hopefully they'll be rectified with a patch.

People are panicking for no reason, just play the demo and enjoy it, and with reference to another thread which touches on this subject, I don't really think it will be anywhere near as bad as CM4.

Yeah, but your poll options are the two extreme ends of the spectrum. Some of us can't honestly choose either of them. I think there'll be bugs, but I wouldn't use the term 'bug-ridden'.

Agree Mike, of course there'll be bugs as there is with any new PC game.

The poll wasn't much of an option.

Should've been:

Bug ridden.

A few bugs here and there.

No bugs.

Or there shouldn't even have been a poll, as it just inspires pre-release paranoia.

Should've been:

Bug ridden.

No bugs.

Or there shouldn't even have been a poll, as it just inspires pre-release paranoia.

Which, as we know, is potentially deadly and highly contagious.

If you choose NO option it doesnt mean that it is bug free. It means that it is not full of bugs or bug ridden.

Should've been:

Bug ridden.

No bugs.

"No bugs" option.. just stupid. As said no new PC game is bug free.

Which, as we know, is potentially deadly and highly contagious.

tbh, in the past i've fallen for that on past releases of FM/CM. what i thought was a good game with some things i'd like to see different/find slightly annoying take on a whole new meaning coming to forums like this seeing thread after thread whining saying

"that's it...i've uninstalled...SI are crap....never buying another version again cos of x/y".

every year, every version. sure SI and their legion of fans wont disappoint this year on both scores. :D

it is contagious. so though it's been many moons since i visited this forum regularly...i wont enter this place once the game is released.

personally hoping to be too busy a) playing the latest version to death...b) d/l ing the inevitable patches....c) work and family fluff.

in that order :D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived