FM Future Sounds

Would you like to see improved or extra sounds in future of FM  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see improved or extra sounds in future of FM

• Better crowd chanting only.?
    • some extra stuff such as Music in certain areas.?
    • Keep it as it is for now.?

If you are meaning proper chants linked to clubs (You'll Never Walk Alone, I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles etc), then it's highly unlikely they will ever be included due to licensing royalties to the artists who wrote the original songs.

I'm pretty sure someone within the community has made a seperate downloadable pack full of various chants and sounds. Pretty sure if you did a search you'd find it.

I would love to hear local hero being played while i am managing Newcastle :) Makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when i am at the game and you can hear the crowd roar when the players are coming out .

TOON , TOON , BLACK AND WHITE ARMY !!!

If you are meaning proper chants linked to clubs (You'll Never Walk Alone, I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles etc), then it's highly unlikely they will ever be included due to licensing royalties to the artists who wrote the original songs.

I'm pretty sure someone within the community has made a seperate downloadable pack full of various chants and sounds. Pretty sure if you did a search you'd find it.

yeh i have one for FM08 mate complete with chants, but i ment in in game chants, they seem a little bit flat as the action unfolds. going back a thew years ago i think the sounds were a bit better.

If you want in game music that's easy, click 'Play All Sounds' in the games preferences to turn off all the match sounds and just stick a CD on or play somes mp3's through Winamp or whatever.

No in-game music please, this isn't FIFA Manager, and again with in-game music comes the problem of licenses, EA can easily afford the licenses to acquire things such as team chants and songs from top bands to add to a playlist, I highly suspect that SI can't.

Music within games = pointless and invariably the music is crap cause it's cheaper to license rubbish. It usually makes the game run much slower as well.

What's the point when you can play decent music yourself in the background?

Some more chants wouldn't go amiss, & commentary as well.

EA Trax rapes the gaming experience (in fact, you can just take out the 'Trax' part of that sentence and still be valid), if I wanted music I'd just play something in Windows Media Player.

I'm not sure if the crowd has been improved since 07, but anything on the level of CM 01/02 would be great. The "you're not singing anymore" and "sack the boss" chants, especially when the latter is toward your opponent, just adds to the game world experience.

Music within games = pointless and invariably the music is crap cause it's cheaper to license rubbish. It usually makes the game run much slower as well.

What's the point when you can play decent music yourself in the background?

Some more chants wouldn't go amiss, & commentary as well.

Actually, I just thought of a few examples where the music was actually not too bad, but they are rare indeed. The simcity 2000 music was quite soothing, the Theme Hospital music was quite nice, catchy and inoffensive, and the FAPLM 99 music was bizarre and wondrous.

I don't think FM would suit any of those, though.

have you seen the transit van advert on sky, they have clive tilsly comintator, he mention's no team or player names, the crowd sounds excellent somthing id like Fm to sound like, even the comentry gives it an exciting edge.

if that could be replicated into FM i think it would make the game superb. lets face it, in the next 10 years, we will have it at some point, its just a question of when..

I think sounds in Football Manager need to become unique. It must be possible to create a crowd, add the right sounds that crowd would produce (How loud, silent a crowd is and the songs they may sing during the match.) depending on the performance. The crowd is a major factor in football games, the more support a team as the better they may play. It would take a lot of time to pull off but it would be worth it, it would give the music department something to do.

That's a crazy thing to say.

You will notice I revised that statement slightly. As a general guideline, I stand by it though. In my opinion, it is extremely rare for music in the game to add anything to it, and the functionality is almost universally terrible compared to having your media player open in the background.

You may well have a different opinion - I would welcome it if you explained your viewpoint...

Tentatively cruising through a majestic alien territory space sector (the X series), reliving an era or the vibe of an era (GTA: Vice City) or going through tense moments whilst toying with the creation of God throughout (Hitman: Blood Money) isn't as immersive or part of the experience with Enter Sandman, Dragostea Din Tei or Where the Hood At? playing as the background music, especially compared to the music or just the style of music that is actually used for those examples.

Incidentally I think the FAPLFM 99 music was horrendous and was only composed like that because the developers were high throughout the year!

Tentatively cruising through a majestic alien territory space sector (the X series), reliving an era or the vibe of an era (GTA: Vice City) or going through tense moments whilst toying with the creation of God throughout (Hitman: Blood Money) isn't as immersive or part of the experience with Enter Sandman, Dragostea Din Tei or Where the Hood At? playing as the background music, especially compared to the music or just the style of music that is actually used for those examples.

I'll agree with you on the GTA car radio, can't think how that slipped my mind. Unfortunately I haven't played most of the other games you cite, though I'm not a real fan of Jesper Kyd.

Incidentally I think the FAPLFM 99 music was horrendous and was only composed like that because the developers were high throughout the year!

Well, judging by the game in general, I wouldn't argue with you about the developers. I wouldn't call it horrendous though, I quite enjoyed it. It made for a pretty surreal experience - and cleverly hid the pile of buggy crap that was the game. The john motson commentary still gives me nightmares...

Archived