PDA

View Full Version : Football manager 2009 demo

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

GreyedOutMan
02-11-2008, 02:18
Massively underwhelmed unfortunately. So many issues. The in-game screens are so completely over-loaded with information that i realised at half time that i didnt even know the score! The 3D doesnt work on my computer despite it being a brand new desktop. God knows what users on slightly older laptops will find. Some decent features, but many with flaws (e.g. goalscorers in fixtures screen but you cant set that to default, so you have to click onto "goalscorers" every time when the other screen could easily just have them in them). Tactics are now completely unintelligible, i genuinely havent got a clue what those arrows mean. Why cant you move them two spaces or sideways? Press conferences will, I'm sure, become very tiresome very soon unless the user-defined responses are more relevant than they seem. 5 responses just isnt enough. I go through the answers and find that none of them fit. I was so excited about this game too! But most of the reasons to be excited about it have just gone out of the window....oh and also, what has happened to the "manager" menu?! I guess we'll get used to it but why fix it if it aint broke?! Its much harder to navigate now.

Wee Aja
02-11-2008, 02:22
Downloading the Demo.
AGAIN. :mad:

rancer890
02-11-2008, 02:29
I'm finally nearly done downloading this 1GB demo! The 1 minute countdown.:D

EDIT: Yay it's done
EDIT2: I double clicked the .exe file and nothing happened...
EDIT3: Never mind. I didn't say anything!:D

anthonykch
02-11-2008, 02:29
just wanna say thanks for the effort SI. its the only game that i played for pass 6 years so sad but true. and still i'm enjoying it.

Wee Aja
02-11-2008, 02:31
Looks like I'm getting it this time.
Must be just a traffic porblme.....

Hamselv
02-11-2008, 02:33
After having played around with the demo for a while, I have to say that the 3D view is quite impressive. I've always used the split view option when viewing my games, with the 2D pitch at one side of the screen and various stats at the other side. So, I didn't expect the 3D view to be something I would ever get to use much, but 3D view actually works surprisingly well in split view.

The only thing I can really complain about so far is that the game is still only supplied with these ultra bright white background skins. I want my darker green FM07 skin back :(

Still, if only SI hadn't decided on that DRM, this would be a game that I could easily learn to enjoy.

Niall76
02-11-2008, 02:34
With that I'd better take the girfriend out to the new shopping centre here in London (Westfield - the biggest in Europe) before I get in trouble (either here or at home - I just can't win) :D

*removes the finger (mouse cursor) from the 'go, go, go' button :P
There's a Westfield 5mins from me, Paul. If yours is anything like hours, you'll never want to go back. It's the size of an airport.

Ecks Ginger Mop
02-11-2008, 02:40
Just played my first game, 3d runs well and looks great, perhaps needs just a touch of refinement.
New features are great, one of my favourites: "referee x - had a good game", listened to the podcasts and so looked out for this.

Solid Gone
02-11-2008, 02:43
Downloading the Demo.
AGAIN. :mad:

Same here! Third time lucky for me I hope...first DL was complete, but a total disaster, second only downloaded about 700mb.

It's swiftly becoming an exercise in futility.:(

TheOriginalJez
02-11-2008, 02:50
Use opera :p that said i'm still downloading but personally I blame VM, at first I was being restricted to the usual VM cap anyway

Romario999
02-11-2008, 02:57
Been watching a movie so a bit late took 15 mins to download and now installing cannot wait oh yeah

FmKing1
02-11-2008, 03:08
What is the best graphics card to use so to be able to view the 3D view match screen.

I've been looking forward to this new feature the most and i need to be able to view it ASAP

someone help me please

Romario999
02-11-2008, 03:09
i reckon i need to download it again going to use steam this time bollacks man, lets see how this goes i got to get up for 9ish as well

saintjai
02-11-2008, 03:21
Downloaded Perfectly through Steam 1st time. Been playing since 10.45pm and loving every second. Just lost my first game though:mad:Southampton 0-1 Charlton

Well done to everyone at SI, an amazing game, 3D engine is superb... properly addicted already. Thanks for all your hard work.

Geronimo360
02-11-2008, 03:26
Look at Dean Windass and his stats! hes ****ing amazing!!!!

Hexhamlad
02-11-2008, 03:27
Commentary only is a lot slower this year, why?

Dansco
02-11-2008, 03:31
What great timing! I go on my hols on Monday and now I have FM09 to play with. Thanx guys ;)

Sweetleftfoot
02-11-2008, 03:44
Question...when u download from steam does it store the file at ur hard disk or on there servers? As i know when im travelling i dont always have a high speed internet everywhere

Otter
02-11-2008, 03:47
Hey guys please can someone help me. I downloaded the demo and I clicked on the run Install anywhere thing and all it came up with was choose another folder for it to extract from. Please I really need ur help.

Romario999
02-11-2008, 04:14
Great Steam has been very helpful well started a new game as Man city an dll is well so far 4 signings made already russian revolution arshavin, anukov (sp), Zhirkov, asnd marcelo from MADRID first match just begun i want to be able to wtch 2d and the 3d simutaneously in split view however i can't do so at the moment for some reason. all good so far though

Hauler24
02-11-2008, 04:20
Like 2D better at the moment when I went 3D the grass was black but 2D is always great. Getting spanked cause my tactics were shotty and my players at Spurs have no interest in playing for me at the moment. Sucks to be honest.

pelicanstuff
02-11-2008, 05:02
Great Steam has been very helpful well started a new game as Man city an dll is well so far 4 signings made already russian revolution arshavin, anukov (sp), Zhirkov, asnd marcelo from MADRID first match just begun i want to be able to wtch 2d and the 3d simutaneously in split view however i can't do so at the moment for some reason. all good so far though

Yeah, I think the Russians might be just a little bit too good in general.

TigerTime
02-11-2008, 05:53
Please may someone from SI look at the Failed to set up graphics system thread!

nicotjes
02-11-2008, 05:57
you can only play a half season that much too short ppppffff

nicotjes
02-11-2008, 05:59
end now belgium competition ppppffff

SSGTroyer
02-11-2008, 06:00
Question...when u download from steam does it store the file at ur hard disk or on there servers? As i know when im travelling i dont always have a high speed internet everywhere

The game is on your computer, all of it. Except copy protection. The Steam client stub needs to be running (and will auto-start if it's not) for copy-protection purposes with every start. Thus, the stub requires an Internet connection. The amount of data transfered is minimal, though, and a low-band connection shouldn't impact the startup very much at all.

Tejaswi
02-11-2008, 06:05
Damn, wanted to try city because of that delightful transfer budget that I would be getting. The 2D looks a lot smoother and much better! 3D needs more work, slightly disappointing (Maybe we just need to get used to it). Citeh was in for some major nerfage. Robinho feels he's made a mistake in coming here, Elano's stats gone down, Jo and Johnson are *****. It's easier to buy players though. Wonder if it was intended?

tigerhgrrrrrr
02-11-2008, 06:19
As an IT novice Steam is frustrating rubbish. Have given up and using traditional download method.

Parkera
02-11-2008, 06:24
So far not to bad. I agree that maybe the 3d could use abit of work but it may also be that we need to get used to seeing it after all these 2d years! No major moans to speak off yet.

Sweetleftfoot
02-11-2008, 06:27
The game is on your computer, all of it. Except copy protection. The Steam client stub needs to be running (and will auto-start if it's not) for copy-protection purposes with every start. Thus, the stub requires an Internet connection. The amount of data transfered is minimal, though, and a low-band connection shouldn't impact the startup very much at all.

So a direct download will..be the choice if there is not internet connection.

pelicanstuff
02-11-2008, 06:31
Damn, wanted to try city because of that delightful transfer budget that I would be getting. The 2D looks a lot smoother and much better! 3D needs more work, slightly disappointing (Maybe we just need to get used to it). Citeh was in for some major nerfage. Robinho feels he's made a mistake in coming here, Elano's stats gone down, Jo and Johnson are *****. It's easier to buy players though. Wonder if it was intended?

Play Jo a bit, he actually performs pretty well. There's a few players I've noticed that I reckon are too good though (yes Benfica, I'm looking at your team...)

jamie o
02-11-2008, 06:42
what to do if says when i try to launch it: "Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system." ???

TheOriginalJez
02-11-2008, 06:58
Check the sticky about technical issues and have a look at the forum linked to there - there's already a topic there. If you're like the million and one people in there chances are your graphics card isn't quite up to requirements but try anyway, always a chance.

Paul_B
02-11-2008, 07:49

I'm pretty sure that is completely false, so don't go upsetting the poor guy for no reason! ;)

This question was asked before the demo release, earlier this week, and I think the reply from SI was that you need to have an internet connection ONLY for authentication purposes, and that's a one-time thing for each computer you install the game onto. I think they said you can even call them for authentication if you don't have the internet, but don't quote me on that one. Once it is authenticated, you don't need to re-authenticate every single time you start the game. And it's not that bizarre copy protection scheme that keeps checking every so often that you are licensed to own the game, either. (I forget who did that one, but it was recent!)

You don't even need to have Steam on your computer to play the game. I don't know where you got that idea from. It is merely one option. You can buy a physical copy at retail, and patch it through other methods. Steam is only the preferred method of patching and one way to purchase the game, you don't need Steam in any way.

Finally, even if you do have Steam, I'm pretty sure that you don't need to run it when you start the game up. At least, you don't with the demo - even if you downloaded it from Steam. If you find the .exe file in your Steam directory, you can just double-click and run it. Steam doesn't run at all this way, not even the "stub" you mentioned. Where did you even get this "information"???

Hey guys please can someone help me. I downloaded the demo and I clicked on the run Install anywhere thing and all it came up with was choose another folder for it to extract from. Please I really need ur help.

That means you didn't download the full setup program. Even if your download method claimed that you did, it's already happened to several people. Check the size of the downloaded file, it should be around 1000mb for the Strawberry version.

juncopartner
02-11-2008, 07:55
Anyone having the problem of overly sensitive keys?

When ever I type a letter it types it 3/4 times instead of just once.

Only a small problem though.
Yep, have to type very gingerly to avoid that.

AndyJ585
02-11-2008, 08:19
oh well technical guys tell me my graphics card does not meet minimum specs - not even to run 2D. I thought if we could run FM2008 then we would be able to run the 2D version. Now need to work out if it is worth spending money upgrading fan and card etc!

Dale0718
02-11-2008, 08:34
i've downloaded the demo from torrent for the PC but when i press finish, nothing happens, any ideas?

Frazy85
02-11-2008, 09:48
oh well technical guys tell me my graphics card does not meet minimum specs - not even to run 2D. I thought if we could run FM2008 then we would be able to run the 2D version. Now need to work out if it is worth spending money upgrading fan and card etc!

Yeah i know, come on SI, ive been playing fm with 2d for years now. My computer was even quite a long way under the fm 2007/2008 specs and still ran it fine. Now it cant even do 2d? Id rather just stick with what i have than upgrade everything for one game which dosent seem to be much better than in the past.

spudgun3000withextraonions
02-11-2008, 10:22
Dissapointing, Downloaded it. I have the minimum specs......... and no 3d. Unless im missing where it is.

GreyedOutMan
02-11-2008, 10:31
Massively underwhelmed unfortunately. So many issues. The in-game screens are so completely over-loaded with information that i realised at half time that i didnt even know the score! The 3D doesnt work on my computer despite it being a brand new desktop. God knows what users on slightly older laptops will find. Some decent features, but many with flaws (e.g. goalscorers in fixtures screen but you cant set that to default, so you have to click onto "goalscorers" every time when the other screen could easily just have them in them). Tactics are now completely unintelligible, i genuinely havent got a clue what those arrows mean. Why cant you move them two spaces or sideways? Press conferences will, I'm sure, become very tiresome very soon unless the user-defined responses are more relevant than they seem. 5 responses just isnt enough. I go through the answers and find that none of them fit. I was so excited about this game too! But most of the reasons to be excited about it have just gone out of the window....oh and also, what has happened to the "manager" menu?! I guess we'll get used to it but why fix it if it aint broke?! Its much harder to navigate now.

Can someone please respond to the 3D problem? My computer is brand new, I was told it was massively more than the required specs.

Fe98
02-11-2008, 10:40
Could someone make the other quickstarts available (well, at least the Italian one) - if SI has given permission anyway. Can't really get the strawberry version at the moment.

pelicanstuff
02-11-2008, 10:45
Can someone please respond to the 3D problem? My computer is brand new, I was told it was massively more than the required specs.

I think there is an issue which means the game isn't recognizing the capabilities of certain graphics cards. I'm sure it will be fixed as a matter of priority.

TigerTime
02-11-2008, 10:48
After high expectations of 09 it has really dissapointed me! I haven't seen it yet because of my graphics system and i'm very annoyed. FM has become part of my life and i'm very sad that i can't play it until christmas(getting fast laptop at christmas)!

dav_58
02-11-2008, 10:53
Loving the game and been playing for a bit this morn but just went to offer a player a new contract and then the game shut down and a warning message popped up saying - 'Array access out of bounds' - Anybody know what this means!!!?

ANDEHLSON
02-11-2008, 10:54
I wonder if the competition rules errors will be updated to the game before it is released or only in the first patch. If it only gets fixed in the first patch i guess ill have to wait a while to start playing since Spanish 2nd tier is unplayable (at least if the (fake!!) rule that is there works like it says...)

The_Future\'s_Maroon
02-11-2008, 11:02
This is a f***ing joke. We wait and wait and wait for weeks for this demo and get told over and over there is sufficient badwidth to cope. Yeah ok, try downloading it from the NotW website - no chance.
PatheticAll I have to say is.......

You are a complete rocket, go and pick up your toys which you threw out the pram.

The demo was supposed to be made avaliable at 12 midnight, yet at 10:30pm you are coming out with this comment. You need to go into your bathroom, take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror and think to yourself - why am I acting like a pr!ck on a forum about something so silly. Once you have done that, open the window and jump out head first.....hopefully you stay upstairs and not on a ground floor.....then with a bit of luck the fall/fright will give you the kick up the erse you need.

That is all,

Thank you.

Arsenal Rule
02-11-2008, 11:06
Liking the game so far, 3D engine is very nice, conferences are cool. The rest is minor stuff I think but im liking it so far. Bugs ive encountered

Flickering, my res is 1024x768
Game crash when viewing a players contract. Kinda like in the old games too but this time it hides the main screen as its still running under task manager.
The typing problems at the start.

Paul_B
02-11-2008, 11:07
Yep, have to type very gingerly to avoid [multiple key presses].

Have you tried windowed mode? Everyone was complaining about that issue but I've never seen it... and I exclusively used windowed mode.

tidy09
02-11-2008, 11:16
I hate to say this
but The 3d ME sucks!!:(

rudboy
02-11-2008, 11:18
II download the demo (so happy!) But when i play a game in 3D it's not playing smoothly but frame by frame like picture after picture. is it because it's the Demo or it means I need to upgrade my Apple Mac?

the demo run smoothly beside that!

Indi75
02-11-2008, 11:19
Downloading now, to do so last night would have led to me missing the gym this morning.

Pleaase to say torrent is humping along at 550Kbps in spite of BT being one of the ISP's that seemingly throttles torrents.

getbenT
02-11-2008, 11:21
Firstly i want to say that the 3d match engine is really good. Onve i got into third-4th game i was really getting gripped and so easy to switch between views. Some bugs , injuries are ridiculous, i have 6 first team players out and not just minor injuries, full blown Cisse s@@@.
There are also alot of problems with layout and screens in my opinion that need looking at. So What can make this a better game then.

1 Much easier navigation and more freely available concise information. It is often very confusing on what areas you need to look at to start getting things right

2 The skin definately needs a better layout. The player options drop down didnt need to change.

3 Stadiums will need to be made that just have some multi colour blobs or something, the crowd is quite depressing, although the pitch is wonderful.

4 I have noticed that if you try to get a playeer to learn a ppm they perform badly, and i have not seen any ppms done in game yet, are they even there?

I think the most important part of this is the interface however, its veery difficult to make a game with so much interesting little info to be easily accessible and concise. I think one good skin and all the graphics could make this better for me anyway. Atm i feel a bit distant from my team. But the 3d match engine rocks, seriously good stuff.

Just one quick question, do all the small bugs encountered get fixed before the game is released or do we wait to patch 9.0.1 ?

--junk--
02-11-2008, 11:26
the game is broke. too many injuries about 2 months 3 monhts.they didn't even test it same as the last year.

rudboy
02-11-2008, 11:35
Firstly i want to say that the 3d match engine is really good. Onve i got into third-4th game i was really getting gripped and so easy to switch between views. Some bugs , injuries are ridiculous, i have 6 first team players out and not just minor injuries, full blown Cisse s@@@.
There are also alot of problems with layout and screens in my opinion that need looking at. So What can make this a better game then.

1 Much easier navigation and more freely available concise information. It is often very confusing on what areas you need to look at to start getting things right

2 The skin definately needs a better layout. The player options drop down didnt need to change.

3 Stadiums will need to be made that just have some multi colour blobs or something, the crowd is quite depressing, although the pitch is wonderful.

4 I have noticed that if you try to get a player to learn a ppm they perform badly, and i have not seen any ppms done in game yet, are they even there?

I think the most important part of this is the interface however, its very difficult to make a game with so much interesting little info to be easily accessible and concise. I think one good skin and all the graphics could make this better for me anyway. Atm i feel a bit distant from my team. But the 3d match engine rocks, seriously good stuff.

Just one quick question, do all the small bugs encountered get fixed before the game is released or do we wait to patch 9.0.1 ?

I agree with most thing you say but just know that they can't put all that at once!

I thing in the drop down player menu that missing is that u can't send a player to reserve team until is match fit! so you always have to go in the reserve team to check! is was so useful in FM08

Dalmolin
02-11-2008, 11:38
The demo is great. There's a lot of new stuff during both the game and the matches. But the 3D engine demands a really good video card! The difference between FM 08 and 09 is huge, in the video card query.

I'm playing the demo really fine here, but I hope this video card point shall have a reconsideration, then everybody gonna play as well.

Thanks guys, Miles and SI! :rolleyes:

loloblo
02-11-2008, 11:40
Someone knows why I can not configure arrows as I would want?? I just an do front arrow or back arrow....

sean_oc16
02-11-2008, 11:45
Someone knows why I can not configure arrows as I would want?? I just an do front arrow or back arrow....

You can only have 1 space forward/back now.

Spector
02-11-2008, 11:46
I can't install this demo :( error "Please select another location to extract the installer to:"

jack_man
02-11-2008, 11:50
The demo is great. There's a lot of new stuff during both the game and the matches. But the 3D engine demands a really good video card! The difference between FM 08 and 09 is huge, in the video card query.

I'm playing the demo really fine here, but I hope this video card point shall have a reconsideration, then everybody gonna play as well.

Thanks guys, Miles and SI! :rolleyes:

Ive had my poo laptop for 3 years and it runs 3d great with a standard graphics card ?

But i must say i like it but 3d needs ALOT of improving and injuries are ridiculus

loloblo
02-11-2008, 11:55
You can only have 1 space forward/back now.

Why??? Why removing functionnalities from from an update game???

Young Halz
02-11-2008, 11:57
Just tried downloading from News of the World, download link said "you can only view this page when referred from News of the World", and I did come from News of the World, don't know what to do here.

fosterfox
02-11-2008, 12:00
Same with me Young Halz, I dont get it! Im downloading strawberry now

Steve Cox
02-11-2008, 12:00
I can't install this demo :( error "Please select another location to extract the installer to:"

When are you getting this error Spector?

Spector
02-11-2008, 12:03
When I'm opening setupfm2009demo file and i click on run and then this error cames

Steve Cox
02-11-2008, 12:03
II download the demo (so happy!) But when i play a game in 3D it's not playing smoothly but frame by frame like picture after picture. is it because it's the Demo or it means I need to upgrade my Apple Mac?

the demo run smoothly beside that!

Hi.

What OS are you running rudboy? Have you tried runnin the game with only 2D active? Is it smooth there?

You can remove 3d cameras by going into Preferences and unticking "Enable 3d Cameras"

Steve Cox
02-11-2008, 12:05
When I'm opening setupfm2009demo file and i click on run and then this error cames

The only thing I can think of that might be causing this is low disk space. I suggest you check how much space you have and defrag your hard drive. If this is still a problem (and you have plenty of space) let me know and I'll ask around if anyone knows what might be causing this.

Spector
02-11-2008, 12:07
10gb left.. :S And this is strawberry version

Spector
02-11-2008, 12:09
hmm, do I have to have winzip r sum on this computer?

Blink2k
02-11-2008, 12:16
Only just realised this is out, but wp on making it available via steam, getting a nice download rate of 240kb/sec atm

pvieira91
02-11-2008, 12:20
Why I can't put the game in 3d camera? I go to options during the match and i cannot change de 2d (classic), why?
My laptop: 2,16 Ghz 2 duo core | intel gma950 | 2gb ram | vista(...)

Please answer me

If it was of video card (945gm / gma950) it's ridiculous, because i can play pes6, fifa 08, and i cannot see a "rustic" 3d match engine??

Paul_B
02-11-2008, 12:31
When are you getting this error Spector?

Steve, I think you'll find numerous complaints about this from people who haven't - for whatever reason - managed to download the full setup.exe file for the demo. Just ask him to check the downloaded file size, it's probably that... although what is causing the reports of "download finished", when it really hasn't, is another question.

Paul_B
02-11-2008, 12:36

It can't get fixed for the release. This demo is based on GOLD code, meaning it is exactly what was sent to the disc manufacturers (which already happened so that the game can be ready in time). However, SI have said that they're releasing the first patch on the day of release. So we'll just have to download that to fix things immediately.

As for injuries, why not take a look at my earlier post to see if you have tried anything I am doing? I don't have injuries yet.

pvieira91
02-11-2008, 12:38
Why I can't put the game in 3d camera? I go to options during the match and i cannot change de 2d (classic), why?

Please answer me

If it was of video card (945gm / gma950) it's ridiculous, because i can play pes6, fifa 08, and i cannot see a "rustic" 3d match engine??

crafty bison
02-11-2008, 12:44
The NOTW link doesn't work. Mirrors?

goldenuhuu
02-11-2008, 12:49
Ok, i've been trying since midnight, I have downloaded it using steam, using a torrent and using the NOTW.. i have 3 copies in various locations . yet all iget after install is this error

FM.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Any ideas? Really frustrating...........

pvieira91
02-11-2008, 12:49

Please answer me

dassyboy
02-11-2008, 12:50
I was going to download the Strawberry, but I can't be bothered to wait that long so Vanilla it is! Unfortunately i'm off to referee in half an hour so i'll have to play when i'm back (still waiting hopefully for the home manager to phone me up cancelling the game!).
Wahoo!!!!

larshem
02-11-2008, 12:53
Well, i've been playing this for a while now and i realised 3 problems

1.) Every time i Submit a team to play west ham in the premiership, the game crashes :( and i cannot continue

2.) Injuries happen WAY too frequently, i bought 3 players and they all got 2-3 month injuries within a few matches

Apart from that, this is definitely the best FM :thup:

Taras_Shevchenko
02-11-2008, 12:58
for me it's the first year with big troubles
I expected it to be the first year without major issues
I'm fortunate today there is formula 1 on telly.
I'm not happy not because I'm not happy, but because I suppose SI isn't happy.
Cm'on the vodka!

UnieeQ
02-11-2008, 13:01
the interface looks to me a bit to grayish. imo

neildd
02-11-2008, 13:03
my demo has crashed 5 times in half an hour. 3 times when i tried to play my first friendly the other 2 were at random points before that. still havent seen the 3d engine. rubbish.

ambolt
02-11-2008, 13:04
What have you done to the Mac version? It's reacting weirdly to mouse clicks - I constantly have to press things twice or more to get a response, and when I try to enter the search boxes on the top right, all I get is a menu enabling me to paste. I can't write my own search query! And I can't move players around on my tactics screen either! I was unfortunate enought to click on Denilson and now I am unable to put him down, I probably have to force-quit the entire thing...

I'm running a MacBook with 10.5.5, no external mouse, 2.2GHz Intel Core Duo, 4GB RAM.

Tom_Nicholson9
02-11-2008, 13:06
my game wont let me choose 3d match engine?!?! is it my video card?

croatianfan
02-11-2008, 13:11
SI, sack your testers. This reminds me of first version CM4. What a great failure was that release.

Testers sucks. Maybe SI doesn't have testers, I realize, we are testers!!!!

pvieira91
02-11-2008, 13:12

Please answer me

neildd
02-11-2008, 13:14
played first 3d match. was hilarious. had 3 players injured and 2 sent off and drew 1-1. then game froze after full time team talk. if they dont completely fix the whole game looks like another year of fm08

Red Right Hand
02-11-2008, 13:22
Is anyone else having erratic download speeds from Steam (I'm in the UK)? Last night between 11 pm and 12 it was barely crawling along at 3 kbs. I gave up and used Gameshadow and it downloaded overnight and I was getting speeds of over 130 kbs. I installed and played it but 15 mins into my first friendly my desktop power supply died. :mad: So I tried using Steam again at about 8:30 this morning and initially was getting 230 kbs this gradually dropped after a few minutes to 130 kbs and then 70 kbs until eventually the download keeps pausing and/or at best I'm getting speeds of 3 kbs again.

It just seems that lots of people are getting quick downloads from Steam but is anyone having slow/inconsistent speeds?

PS It's now 1:20 pm and I'm still trying to get my download from Steam - it's been at 83% for half an hour now.

GreyedOutMan
02-11-2008, 13:28
So many issues with this, its a real shame. I fear SI have tried to do TOO MUCH with this release, hence bug ridden and various issues with it. My computer should be capable of dealing with 3D, too!

By the way, funny bug alert: just started 2nd leg of a UEFA Cup game (with Man City) against Young Boys. Won the first leg 5-0 and the media think it will go all the way to penalties!!!! ROFL!!

pvieira91
02-11-2008, 13:32

Please answer me

The Hornet
02-11-2008, 13:34
Like the Demo, but only problem I expereinced is that it has crashed twice and thats before I got to play a League Match.

Greg0r
02-11-2008, 13:51
Are mirrors allowed now? beacuase I got an email from SUSIE which had megaupload links to the demo

neildd
02-11-2008, 13:52
right wahey playing in a window and no crashes.
i have found a few annoying things though.

there is not a separate speed for highlights and match speed which means that if you want to watch the highlights in normal speed you have to let the time between them run at normal speed which is annoying.

also if i am playing at a high match speed and i score, the replay will be in slow-motion relative to the match speed, which means the replay will still go very fast.

the holiday mode fails and goes straight to game status screen.

wayyyy too many injuries in preseason

juande ramos is manager of tottenham

Paul_B
02-11-2008, 13:54
By the way, funny bug alert: just started 2nd leg of a UEFA Cup game (with Man City) against Young Boys. Won the first leg 5-0 and the media think it will go all the way to penalties!!!! ROFL!!

Let me know how you get on with that. In FM2008, if the game predicted penalties following a similar situation... 9/10 times that team thrashed me to pieces in the second leg and I was lucky if I scraped through. This happened no matter how many times I would reload and try again!

Korzon3k
02-11-2008, 13:54
Demo isn't fantastic - a lot of injuries (I played Real Madrid 6 pre-season matches and 7 injuries during these matches !!). I havne't got any crashes, no problem with install from STEAM.

Paul_B
02-11-2008, 14:00
there is not a separate speed for highlights and match speed which means that if you want to watch the highlights in normal speed you have to let the time between them run at normal speed which is annoying.

There's never been a separate speed slider for what you are talking about. Before, there was a slider for the highlights (NOT replays) and another for the actual match clock.

I thought the same thing as you, but now I am not sure. It looks like you select the match clock speed at the start of the game and then cannot change that for the match commentary. You can, in game, alter the highlights speed - meaning how fast the players run around in those highlights of the game. I don't know if the replay is slower, I haven't noticed, but if it is slower the sliders cannot change replay speed at all - and never could.

I dunno what would happen if you selected fastest speed at the start of the game, though, and then played a full match on slow highlights. Maybe it is actually the same slider - as I initially thought - and either the commentary always runs at a certain speed, or the fastest slider makes the players quick enough to go along with the match clock. Actually, they were pretty darned fast at that setting...

larshem
02-11-2008, 14:03
Hahaha, 6 injuries when i was playing against united, all for 1 month / 2 months. This is gold, :thup:

Deviant
02-11-2008, 14:08
been playing the strawberry version, all looks pretty cool. Is the text supposed to be so small though?

In addition i know my game will be compatible with the full version but can i add leagues from the full version or am i stuck with scotland only?

Sorry if this is a noob question...

blowcrapup
02-11-2008, 14:11
been playing the strawberry version, all looks pretty cool. Is the text supposed to be so small though?

In addition i know my game will be compatible with the full version but can i add leagues from the full version or am i stuck with scotland only?

Sorry if this is a noob question...

No you can't add leagues mid-game you would have to start a new one.

Welcome to the forums.

blowcrapup
02-11-2008, 14:14
I have a question for anyone from SI. The demo version works on my laptop but its only the Vanilla version of it. Will the full game work fine or should I download the Strawberry version to be sure? (It works despite being below specs)

clovis_kanda87
02-11-2008, 14:15
The demo is live....but sadly...for me...FM is dead

comu
02-11-2008, 14:16
3D works brilliantly for me, however, can some1 tell me how i can put widgets on the screen ingame so i can see wots goin on with my players???

comu
02-11-2008, 14:18
ok, ive found it now,

Liam =D
02-11-2008, 14:19
My download is taking ages :(

Started it at 20 to 10 and I'm only on 74% :(

Anyone help me to get it faster?

razorr666
02-11-2008, 14:21
Haha playing as man utd.. all my star players out for 2 months after 3 matches. An obviously well tested game.

Liam =D
02-11-2008, 14:23
It's running at a speed of 28.2 kb/s :(

manu legend
02-11-2008, 14:38
Has the vanilla version got the 3d match engine?

FM5
02-11-2008, 14:39
There will also be other versions of the demo available in the coming weeks/months, and I will update this thread as I am allowed to announce them with more info.

SI will release another FM demo coming weeks. is it true ???????????

comu
02-11-2008, 14:41
are we allowed to post a screenshot???

i wanna show you the quality of 3D (not bad intentions)

GreyedOutMan
02-11-2008, 14:57
Let me know how you get on with that. In FM2008, if the game predicted penalties following a similar situation... 9/10 times that team thrashed me to pieces in the second leg and I was lucky if I scraped through. This happened no matter how many times I would reload and try again!

Nope. Coasted, final aggregate score 6-0.

ForsakEN
02-11-2008, 15:00
hi all,

Well i am from Portugal so our ISP's really suck. So they limite my international downloads to 2GB/month,
I have totaly unlimited the national downloads. Can somebody put a mirror in a portuguese server to us ( Portugueses with same problem ) can download that without pass through the limits?
Thanks

Liam =D
02-11-2008, 15:14
My download is taking ages :(

Started it at 20 to 10 and I'm only on 74% :(

Anyone help me to get it faster?

Anyone?

I'm up to 83% now.

smooth mole
02-11-2008, 15:33
Maybe it's me just being stupid, but is there anyway to put the match speed to full and still watch highlights/replays in real time? As we have been able to on the last few years games?

ExquisiteBlue
02-11-2008, 15:45
Just realised the Demo has been released after reading the news of the world, so ive just started downloading

3% and this could admitedly take a while to download
Downloading speed varying with 50kb-120kb

Anyone know how long this will roughly take?

RichieVilla
02-11-2008, 15:51
Why??? Why removing functionnalities from from an update game???

During FM Live beta test people were using arrows as an exploit to completley change formation when in possesion so SI removed the feature and now arrows merely represent forward runs. Barrow = Rarely and Farrow = often

Rob123
02-11-2008, 16:06
Just a quick question regarding the FM 2009 Demo

My 3D match engine seems to be "stuttery" does this mean that I will need a new video card?

By the way to everybody at SI from me and I am sure many others Many Thanks for an awesome game

Hiroson
02-11-2008, 16:16
No problems with the demo, apart from injuries

played 4 matches, most of the midfield/forwards are injured, using my researves and under18 and season hasnt even started. lol

Hiro

Boskovic
02-11-2008, 16:17
im lost for words on how some of the bugs that are being picked up in a 6 month demo were not picked up on in 'extensive' testing

GreyedOutMan
02-11-2008, 16:25
it does seem odd - it was glaringly obvious from the off!

GreyedOutMan
02-11-2008, 16:25
also, what are Farrows and Barrows? Can someone explain the changes in tactics to this game because im lost! I thought the arrows were always runs, but why cant we have wingers running to the by-line?

Boskovic
02-11-2008, 16:26
its not playability that matters tho really. its sales

franck5566
02-11-2008, 16:26
my computer:

AMD Duron, 1600 MHz
512 MB
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 (128 MB)

run or not :( ?

Pipo2525
02-11-2008, 16:27
The injury situation is so annoying! 1 week into the season and already i have 5 1st teamers out for more than a month. Back to 2008 until this is sorted. Lucky that i go away for 3 weeks on Thursday so hopefully all be well when i get back

GreyedOutMan
02-11-2008, 16:27
Unless the game/patch are a significant improvement, I might be on FM08 until FM10 comes out. Disappointing after it looked so promising...

GreyedOutMan
02-11-2008, 16:29
Also, the game seems VERY slow. And I'm on a spanking new desktop with a very fast processor, its about the fastest Inspiron on the market i think.

Azzy
02-11-2008, 16:44
I know of 3 people who have downloaded the demo and went to play the first friendly. Two of us as Newcastle, and it crashes. Application stops responding. I would like to see this 3D match engine in working order but it wont let me! Can anyone else please clarify a fix for this?

Suzie MUFC
02-11-2008, 16:44
im lost for words on how some of the bugs that are being picked up in a 6 month demo were not picked up on in 'extensive' testing

It's shocking isn't it? What makes it worse is that they covered the code going gold in blog and, in so many words, said it was deemed acceptable for release. Then they passed it onto SEGA for the final go-ahead, and they too passed it.

It's starting to feel more and more about rushing the game for sales before Christmas and using the community as unpaid testers, than about getting out a quality product that's worth a £25 price tag.

Woria
02-11-2008, 16:52
The game is really nice, but there are way too many injuries. Getting more than one injury per game basically.

RichieVilla
02-11-2008, 16:55
Barrow is back arrow

Farrow is forward arrow

If u want him to run to the byline just click forward runs often and cross from byline should work

Rebrov
02-11-2008, 16:57
I've downloaded the strawberry (1GB) demo but it doesn't seem to have any of the features such as faces, club logos, competition logos etc......any ideas why?

Matt SFC
02-11-2008, 17:03
This game is unplayable!

decouk30
02-11-2008, 17:07
just a quick one. just finished my fist league game had 4 injuries in 1 game so in total i have 9 injuries in my first team squad and that was my first game. I agree its an amazing game but it seems more and more like there using us fans as testers, it sounds like im not the only one Either with problems. and now there realising a patch on the day of release shows theve got it wrong again

TheOriginalJez
02-11-2008, 17:07
I've downloaded the strawberry (1GB) demo but it doesn't seem to have any of the features such as faces, club logos, competition logos etc......any ideas why?

You only have faces logos etc on leagues that are licensed for the game, you still won't have it for premiership etc

Cullen89
02-11-2008, 17:08
I've said this time and time again chaps but us Football Manager fans are now second class citizens to Football Manager Live. Those up there in SI Games now know where their bread is buttered (FM LIVE), which is a real slap in the face to customers like myself who have purchased the game religiously for years. The way I see it now - Football Manager is now being put on the back burner and is playing second fiddle to the new pet project of FM Live. This means that those of us who like the Football Manager brand will have no option but to subscribe to the monthly fee based FM Live as the current riddled/bugged Football Manager is almost unplayable but most certainly not enjoyable.

Rebrov
02-11-2008, 17:09
You only have faces logos etc on leagues that are licensed for the game, you still won't have it for premiership etc

Cheers for quick response, mate, but I don't have graphics for any of the leagues....championship, league 1 etc.....I thought they were licensed in the game.

jamesb123
02-11-2008, 17:13
Whilst this happens every year with unfounded nonsense (and i've already said this today) I have to admit some of the problems are inexcusable imo.
Yesterday I said that I thought this was a fantastic game straight away; until I got crippled by injuries every game. And it always seems to be my main players, Gerrard, Kay, Robinho, Shuker etc all out for over a month.
Whilst the sensitivity issue isn't a big problem, it's very annoying to see yyourr nname coomme oout likkee thiss evveryytimee.
Players constantly being unsettled within a week.
3D taking an AGE to load up each game, whilst this is annoying again it isn't terrible and it is a step up from 2D so was never going to be perfect. And I haven't yet seen a keeper dive which is worrying.
Press conferances are a decent feature, but already have the danger of being repetitive with the same questions each time just with a different name or jounalist.
News items on new signings or transfer speculation etc appear twice.
The transfer system seems to have improved alot though the number of loans with 200k upfront and then 2 million at any time (example) is just annoying.

Whilst the only real gamewrecker for me is the injuries problem, all of these things were picked up within just a couple of hours play. I thought this game was being tested for months! These things are blindingly obvious to what seems like everyone, and that's just those who can actually play the game.

I'm not a fanboy or a moaner, but I want to spend my money wisely on something that works, when the game needs a patch ready for release day it doesn't really fill me with much confidence for the full £30 game.

Prowl
02-11-2008, 17:18
I was using Arsenal and my game freezes after I submit my team for my 1st friendly. It has happened everytime I've restarted a new game. Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening?

Chris Ritchie
02-11-2008, 17:18
the holiday mode fails and goes straight to game status screen.

That's definitely deliberate.

iolodavanki
02-11-2008, 17:28
Having played the demo, I must say that i will not buy the game until the patch comes out. And I have bought CM or FM on the day of release since CM2. So please, patch it quickly, SI :-)

decouk30
02-11-2008, 17:30
ive got 12 first team players out and only in my second game. THIS IS A JOKE????????????????

rbcuk
02-11-2008, 17:35
Well it froze on me when i was making substitutions, then it made a noise when i moved the mouse, then a minute later it was working again

ExquisiteBlue
02-11-2008, 18:01
Mines only 54% Downloaded and With All your players getting injured im looking forward to the completion in downloading even less

Hope it gets patched quickly

crafty bison
02-11-2008, 18:07
Maybe it's me just being stupid, but is there anyway to put the match speed to full and still watch highlights/replays in real time? As we have been able to on the last few years games?

I would also like to know why we can't seem to do this.

yadda
02-11-2008, 18:20
is that it si? is that the best you can do? it's not even as good as fml and that was poor to say the least. ah well i suppose good things can't last for ever.

dj clark boy
02-11-2008, 18:21
thanks been waiting for this thanks again Miles

dean66683
02-11-2008, 18:23
the options menu in demo where you normally tell ur ass man to arrange friendly's an take control of reseres etc isnt there. has it moved? if so can't find it and i can't be asked with arranging the freindlys every season.

Ackter
02-11-2008, 18:39
It's under the team options now.

dean66683
02-11-2008, 18:47
and er, lol , wheres that?

ashp
02-11-2008, 18:53
I just wanted to thank SI for their work over the last year on 2009. The demo may have a few niggling problems but on the whole it's a definite enhancement and a good improvement on 08. I'm normally the most critical miserable moaning old git in the world, but honestly, looking at these forums you'd think people had downloaded a steaming turd instead of a demo with a few glitches.

I'm sure once people calm down from their disappointment that 09 can't make the tea and won't help you win the lottery, everyone will look back on 09 as a great year for FM!

ExquisiteBlue
02-11-2008, 18:56
81% downloaded and a Positive Review :)

Looking forward to play again now

dean66683
02-11-2008, 18:57
I just wanted to thank SI for their work over the last year on 2009. The demo may have a few niggling problems but on the whole it's a definite enhancement and a good improvement on 08. I'm normally the most critical miserable moaning old git in the world, but honestly, looking at these forums you'd think people had downloaded a steaming turd instead of a demo with a few glitches.

I'm sure once people calm down from their disappointment that 09 can't make the tea and won't help you win the lottery, everyone will look back on 09 as a great year for FM!

yours don't make the tea!!?? lol. the bugs are slightly annoying but si are good and at sompoint do fix them, the only peeve i have is not being able to arrow the amr/aml into the box, i want my amr/l to run into box not down the wing, bit pointless when you play 1 upfront.

Martins
02-11-2008, 19:01
Torrent speeds not impressive - down 40KB/s up 60KB/s

Gave up on torrent, tried Steam and got 2,5 MB/s at times. This happens when people do not seed the torrent.

Game rocks, 3D engine needs more work, though, but I feel that it is the right direction.

ExquisiteBlue
02-11-2008, 19:29
Only 6% left to download :) and if the 3d engine is decent already at only being half done, bring it on fully ready

G3vans
02-11-2008, 19:43
I think I'd rather slam my balls in my car door than play anymore of this demo.

I've given it a decent run out, but after league games at Cardiff I have a grand total of 2 points, about 4 times I've lost after being 1-0 up. I also get an average of 2 injuries a match, it's impossible to play. I've got 9 'decent' players capable of playing in defense, and only 4 are left, 3 of which are full backs.

marz0121
02-11-2008, 20:01
may b a silly question..but how do you watch match in 3d?????

Kriss
02-11-2008, 20:21
the only peeve i have is not being able to arrow the amr/aml into the box, i want my amr/l to run into box not down the wing, bit pointless when you play 1 upfront.

You can do it, you just need to think about it a bit, and don't forget you need to make other players do certain things to make it more likely to happen.

What you'll find in this ME is an improvement in player decision making, there's a few clues for you:)

mattant250
02-11-2008, 20:22
After finally managing to get onto the game, I started playing. I must say I'm very impressed with all new aspects of the game, including the 3d engine. Only criticism is, players seem to run through other players and they get nudged off the ball too easily. Overall though, a great game and massive improvement on 08, imo.

However, I will uninstall the demo now, continue my 08 game and then get into it again when I have the full game for Xmas. May sound mad, but i've enjoyed 08 and i can wait for 09 now that I've seen it.

pc15
02-11-2008, 20:22
havent played yet but apresentation is absolutly fantastic...
it feels very energic (personaly like me towards FM)
(should work on graphics for final release)

xX_Caitlin_Xx
02-11-2008, 20:41
I'll start with saying hello to the people this forum as I'm one of those"newbie's"that keep popping from time to time.

Downloaded this from Steam lastnight(1am ish)and was happily surprised that it only took about 15 minutes to load and install :thup:

Have been playing it on and off through today as Leeds Utd(waits for sniggers to die down)
and have had more than enough injuries to do me the season.Players that I've bought or loaned seem to be especially effected by this strange affliction so that is my only gripe with this demo.

I hope this issue will be ironed out by the release of the full game.

Cait.

decouk30
02-11-2008, 20:45
we are leeds we are leeds we are leeds

smooth mole
02-11-2008, 20:53
marching on together!!!

A disappointing 100k to spend with Leeds...

And why doesn't Becchio have 20 for every attribute due to him being a legend? Poor showing SI...

munich 1860
02-11-2008, 20:55
Hum...it froze for me when I saw the team profile page.. I tried it with 2 different team but it happened the same..

Frankie 7
02-11-2008, 21:00
Torrents are terrible cannot download this. way tooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

eaglealan64
02-11-2008, 21:06
Got the Steam download but the game is just too slow to be playable, totally unresponsive. 15 minutes to get to the summary screen! Could run FM 2008 with dozens of leagues but 1 league on FM 2009 is too slow, SI have totally screwed this one up.

munich 1860
02-11-2008, 21:09
The game runs for me well, but it crashes many times..it happened after watching the team profile, and then when I pressed continue after the first match was over..the cursor icon changes but the page doesn't change

mattant250
02-11-2008, 22:19
I haven't had 1 crash and only 1 injury, which puts the guy out for 3 weeks.

Midst the Orb
02-11-2008, 22:22
can my computer run it, becuase i keep getting an error message like
fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. i downloaded it using steam and i launch it and that message keeps coming up.

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 11/2/2008, 22:19:06
Machine name: FAMILY-PC
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.080814-1233)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model: MS-7104
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 442MB used, 1571MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Card name: RADEON 9250
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: RADEON 9250 AGP (0x5960)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5960&SUBSYS_0260174B&REV_01
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Dell E771p
Monitor Max Res: 1280,1024
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6614 (English)

SmurfDude
02-11-2008, 22:25
Due to girlfriend commitments I've been busy all weekend so I'm only just downloading it

Although from what I see there's a lot of complaints...my enthusiasm has been deflated

GreyedOutMan
02-11-2008, 22:30
Smurf mate. I was soooooo excited about this game. I really thought it was going to be the best ever. But unless HUGE changes are to come in the patch on release day, this game is a big disappointment. Buggy, cluttered, slow and 3D doesnt work on my PC even though it's brand new! Not impressed.

roberto922
02-11-2008, 22:31
Luke it is the best game so far, it just has some bugs but the worst of them will be fixed on the day of release ffs.

FirstTouch
02-11-2008, 23:08
Ati Radeon 9600xt is my gfx card so I am assuming this is why I get the message "application failed to initialize" because everything else is superior?

FirstTouch
02-11-2008, 23:13
Nevermind I seen the thread about this...

MTG69
02-11-2008, 23:29
Downloaded it, played it (3d engine is quality, just like the first time I saw 2d!) but getting the annoying freeze after the 3rd game. At least they will have a fix for this with the patch release on day 1. Not long now to wait!

Dario
03-11-2008, 01:38
I downloaded the game and saw it for only few minutes for now.
Interview look's nice so i think it's fresh change from last fm and same questions over again...
I just want to know why did they put penalty kick and free kick atribute's to goalkeepers ?!

Azzy
03-11-2008, 02:05
Can I please say to all those who are trying to download this demo and getting hacked off because Torrents are slow.

Go and download "steam" if you do not already have it.
Create a Steam ID account if you do not already have one.

Download via Steam client.

All this takes less than 10 minutes and the actual demo downloads in about an hour at most.

-

I have 5 people now who are all crashing on the first friendly, after re-downloading problem persists. Computers are all of Spec far greater than needed. Can someone please clarify why this happens. I seem to be able to do anything and everything up until the first friendly when the application stops responding.

goldman132
03-11-2008, 02:21
I can't find the bug thread so i'll post it here

I tried to sign a player but an error came up Array access of bounds then the player asked for £0 a week,this needs fixing :p

It was Diego Alves if it makes a difference :thup:

RSCA Belgian Blue
03-11-2008, 03:53
My game keeps freezing but hey, I hope it won't be the same when getting the full game.

ross21soccer
03-11-2008, 04:23
Quick reply from me....Torrent finished this morning (still seeding) Game installed no problem, 3D match runs nice and smooth all good. Only concern is like most others here. The injuries. Not a bad effort, hopefully the patch will be available on release day. Thanks SI.

Trivery
03-11-2008, 04:38
Manchester City with 150million budget...wow
And I thought they would have unlimited budget.
Maybe I can buy C.Ronaldo now? =]

Good demo. Can't wait for the full game. ^^

Rob123
03-11-2008, 05:38
Can anybody help me with this please?

mikkey
03-11-2008, 08:17
Loving it!! Much better then 08. Just concerned about the number of injuries your list experiences. Maybe something you guys want to tweak?

musantha
03-11-2008, 08:26
I am not getting the 3D match option in the game. The option is greyed out with '2D Classic' as the default option. In the preferences, I have the 'Enable 3D Match Cameras' option checked and the 'Graphic Detail' option set to 'Low'. I am using the Strawberry demo.

My System specs are:

Processor: Intel Centrino Duo T2400 @1.8 Ghz
RAM: 1 GB
Video Card: Intel graphics chip (Calistoga Graphics Controller) with 224 MB memory

Is the video card the problem?

Someone please help me out

musantha
03-11-2008, 08:47
I am not getting the 3D match option in the game. The option is greyed out with '2D Classic' as the default option. In the preferences, I have the 'Enable 3D Match Cameras' option checked and the 'Graphic Detail' option set to 'Low'. I am using the Strawberry demo.

My System specs are:

Processor: Intel Centrino Duo T2400 @1.8 Ghz
RAM: 1 GB
Video Card: Intel graphics chip (Calistoga Graphics Controller) with 224 MB memory

Is the video card the problem?

Someone please help me out

Graphics card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family

Not sure about pixel shader

Be¢kham
03-11-2008, 09:11
I think I'd rather slam my balls in my car door than play anymore of this demo.

I've given it a decent run out, but after league games at Cardiff I have a grand total of 2 points, about 4 times I've lost after being 1-0 up. I also get an average of 2 injuries a match, it's impossible to play. I've got 9 'decent' players capable of playing in defense, and only 4 are left, 3 of which are full backs.

That's football though isn't it? Trials and tribulations, success and failure. Managers up and down the country probably have the same qualms as you week in, week out.

Richard76
03-11-2008, 09:23
Does the direct download still not work??

gobwolf
03-11-2008, 09:37
can anyone conferm if 3D DOESNOT work with intergrated grafix? you MUST have a card?

Cliffarsenal
03-11-2008, 10:18
The watermarked images across the top bar and behind the main body I find too heavy. The top right of the screen is a particular concern, makes it look like there is something wrong with your monitor.

Wizard boy
03-11-2008, 10:29
whats the difference between the vanilla and strawberry demos?

dooter
03-11-2008, 10:37
right then , game seems greta , love how realistic the 3d game is , much better than i thought it was gonna be
thing is , i d l it thru steam ..and i get to play the fitst game then it crashes
this happens every time
if i d l it direct the d l dont work
if i d l thru bittorrent it crashes right away
any ideas anybody

orbit@l
03-11-2008, 10:50
Hello,

can somebody tell me if I can continue in FULL version, a game started in DEMO version?

thanks

dm.72
03-11-2008, 11:13
i keep gettin a msg sayin" failed to setup graphics system" anytime i try to play can anyone help??????

stevemc
03-11-2008, 11:24
The demo won't install for me. Utter garbage.

martplfc1
03-11-2008, 11:25
Hello,

can somebody tell me if I can continue in FULL version, a game started in DEMO version?

thanks

You usually can yes.

truebit
03-11-2008, 11:27
crash after crash maybe 2 big of a leap.... hope patch sorts it out

pc15
03-11-2008, 11:31
2things missing that 2008 had and have to be on this as well...
1_arrows on tactic menu should stretch all over the field
2_best moments in the game should pop up in our screen

gunnermitch
03-11-2008, 11:33
with all the problems people are having with the demo , is there any chance the full game when released will have some of the bugs ironed out like the injury problems people are moaning about ?

cheers

Doctor Who
03-11-2008, 11:43
Graphics card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family

Not sure about pixel shader

Same as mine, which wont show 3D either. Funny thing is, that I bought the laptop to play FM08 at good speed. Didn't see 3D becoming a requirement so soon. :-(

martplfc1
03-11-2008, 11:47
The demo won't install for me. Utter garbage.

Before branding it 'utter garbage', why won't it install?

Scott McC
03-11-2008, 11:47
It seems there are a few people having problems with the demo, but neither SI or other users can help unless you provide info other than "it's crashed" or "it doesn't install".

I downloaded it through Steam on Saturday night and have been playing around with it since then. Don't want to get too far into a game since I'll be starting a new one with the full version, but here's my thoughts...

- I didn't play 2008, so some of this might not be new at all...
- 3D engine is OK. I can see why it would appeal to some people, but I much prefer the new "2D" view as opposed to "2D Classic". But to be honest the graphics are pretty basic and the animations are a bit iffy for me. I think we've all been spoiled with Pro Evo and FIFA though. Good for a first time inclusion, hopefully it will continue to be worked on for the next game.
- Liking all the feedback you get from your staff both during a game and from various screens. Gives a better feeling of you actually being there and definitely helps with getting a feel for your team.
- The skins seem to be listed twice for me, but that's no biggie.
- Widescreen support is appreciated, although at my resolution (1680 x 1050) everything is far too spaced out to be readable. I normally play in a window anyway, so that's fine.

Just realised there's dedicated topics for each of the improvements so I'll leave my overview there and get back to the game. :D

karim2601
03-11-2008, 11:51
Posted elsewhere to register my disappointment but the thread was closed - fair enough. People can mither all they like, but I'd be amazed that anyone who played the enjoyable, immersive incarnations of the game released in the early part of the decade - and going back even further - could be satisfied with this release (or the last, for that matter). I think most of us are just very disappointed that there's now seemingly nowhere to exercise (or exorcise) our football management aspirations.

Could anyone please point me to a database update for the Mac version of 2007, or any earlier versions, if available?

rage-renegade
03-11-2008, 12:23
i downloaded the strawberry demo via steam took bout hour n a half, game installed fine and ran first time the only problems i have experienced is the injuries obv a bug and the application crashing at different points, i am sure the game will be fine for release and i cant wait!!!

i would say u definetly need a half decent graphics card to run the 3d smoothly, it was a bit glitchy first time i ran it but smoothed itself out by my 2nd game.

overall the game is excellent the press conference's are a welcome touch up as is the loan reports which you can do on any team to find out which players could be available for a loan move if your a club with no budget lol

hint: barry robson from celtic looks a quality player i this game i played 3 games 2 friendlys against bayern fc and chelsea 3-2 and lost 4-0 to chelsea then played st mirren in the league 4-0 robson scored 3 goals n and got 3 assists with a rating 8.97...

rage-renegade
03-11-2008, 12:36
the vanilla demo does not show 3d view and does not have player pics on profile or club logo's or anythng like that hence why it is a much smaller size download

the strawberry version has 3d view and has all club info logo's and player pics much bigger download...

if u are tryin to run this game on an integrated graphics card u should be shot it wont work

and to all the people complaining that the game is rubbish bcos it aint working, the demo is released to find out what problems ppl are having with it so that si can fix them for the release date so get a grip

the bugs are annoying definetly but the game is better than any fm previously released

problems
game crashed several times during play
there seemed to be a lot of injuries after only 2 weeks into season

pc spec

intel dualcore processor 2ghz
256mb nvidia geforce 6200 graphics card
1gb + 512mb ram
vista premium 32bit

tgarve999
03-11-2008, 13:06
its the return of footy manager 4 by the sound v things im downloading now and in an hour i hope im plesently suprised

percyexp
03-11-2008, 13:24
To everyone asking why 3D won't work or will their computer run it properly, you need to have one of the following graphics cards:

Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.
Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.

So basically this game isn't supported on any laptops and I don't know how large a market share the above cards have between them but it seems to be significantly less than 100% going by how many people on this thread can't run 3D.

Kinda makes buying the new game pointless for a lot of people.

Maybe this is an unresolvable technical issue but it seems to me like something of a marketing catastrophe!

stuart1976
03-11-2008, 13:41
all seems to be working my end , enjoying the demo so far. Just wish si could release the editor on the demo to remove teams who have no 3rd kit etc etc....

fgu82
03-11-2008, 13:49
What happened to the "training facilities" and "youth setup" details on the team information screen?

And please fix the ultra-sensitive keyboard bug, sooo annoying!

FM5
03-11-2008, 14:01
SI shuold reply or post an annoucment abount blog as soom as possible

Wizard boy
03-11-2008, 14:26
How long did yours take to download, mine from gameshadow has so far taken about 3 hrs with another 2 to go. im on 2mb broadband with sky. it`s downloading at a transfer rate of 53.1KB/sec, it`s the same with steam. i don`t know why it takes that long, i hope it`s worth it.

martplfc1
03-11-2008, 15:07
To everyone asking why 3D won't work or will their computer run it properly, you need to have one of the following graphics cards:

Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.
Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.

So basically this game isn't supported on any laptops and I don't know how large a market share the above cards have between them but it seems to be significantly less than 100% going by how many people on this thread can't run 3D.

Kinda makes buying the new game pointless for a lot of people.

Maybe this is an unresolvable technical issue but it seems to me like something of a marketing catastrophe!

The 3D works fine on my laptop. I can't understand why it's such an issue; considering the graphics are fairly poor (compared to today's standards), why does it demand such a high spec to run correctly? I'm glad mine does work, I just wouldn't have expected a simulation that really isn't very impressive to be so demanding.

Ogilthorpe
03-11-2008, 15:56
Football Interactive does it again!

roberto922
03-11-2008, 15:57
Yup, they just don't compare to Sports Interactive ;)

Astafjevs
03-11-2008, 16:10
Any ideas how to get the 3D match view? Mine automatically goes to the 2D view, and I can't see any other options to switch. Any ideas?

azzy_red_devil
03-11-2008, 16:21
Any ideas how to get the 3D match view? Mine automatically goes to the 2D view, and I can't see any other options to switch. Any ideas?

same here, speaking for myself my graphics card is not powerful enough is yours?

azzy_red_devil
03-11-2008, 16:25
oh just seen though that only the bigger size demo allows 3D!

currently downloading that @ 6.6Mps :-)

anti-arsenalfc
03-11-2008, 16:40
Had a quick dabble with the demo. Played a couple of games.

The 3D match view is great. It doesn't look a million dollars, but it gets the job done and really adds to the immersion factor. The ability to easily rewind and fast forward is excellent.

Small touches like the decimal point in player ratings and the number to indicate news items are very welcome.

Quibbles have already been mentioned...injuries, that weird typing problem etc.

Unsure if I'll tire of the press conferences.

Overall, it's seems a job well done and a step up from 2008.

Wizard boy
03-11-2008, 17:26
just downloaded the demo. Not a great start, it crashed when selecting squad, from what i`ve seen so far, it doesn`t seem any different to 08.

styluz
03-11-2008, 17:45
Really enjoying the demo and look forward to the full release, one thing i dont like is: I play my games on full speed, and only commetry, with highlights set to goals. its how i have always played. Problem i have is when i watch the highligts in 3D or 2D the highlights are also on full speed and cant watch the goals properly. On FM 08 the hightlights of goals did go into like slow-motion so you could see them properly, anyone can help???

Guyatwork37
03-11-2008, 20:01
The demo crashed twice within 5 minutes the night I downloaded it, also had the text bug. The next day, not one problem :) LOVE IT!

Now let;s hope the MLS is fixed up :)

Alex1993R
03-11-2008, 20:24
my demo is fine but as soon as i get onto a match after team talk it just says loading match or something and then it crashes and i have to restart is there any way i can fix this

sorry just saw the other thread ill look there

Skieven
03-11-2008, 20:57
the vanilla demo does not show 3d view and does not have player pics on profile or club logo's or anythng like that hence why it is a much smaller size download

Not true!
I downloaded the vanilla demo and i have 3D view.

SO, if you don't have the 3D view or the option to use it, get yourself a new graphic card!

Matt SFC
03-11-2008, 21:25
Football manager 2009 demo is shocking

goldman132
03-11-2008, 21:45
A small niggle, but in real life the Ireland national team has two assistants Liam Brady and Marco Tardelli,Tardelli is more involved though so i'm suprised he isn't in the game as assistant when Brady is

onthetrain
03-11-2008, 22:37
Oh dear oh dear. Demo worked ok for a couple of matches but now crashes after just about every instruction. Frustratingly there does not seem to be an uninstall file. How do I get this verfy buggy demo off my system please???

bennufc
03-11-2008, 23:33
to miles or any one from si
i find some of the player attributes a bit harsh are the demo attributes the final attributes for the game?
otherwise great and i find the press conferences superb keep up the good work!

Newmo
03-11-2008, 23:49
Leroy Lita - Pace - 13

Just one of the many amazingly stupid attributes in my game!

Them aside it seems gooood!

Shaft®
04-11-2008, 00:04
is the vanilla version comes with 3D? if how can i see the game? its only 2D in my game..

meesmuiste
04-11-2008, 01:10
during installation of this demo my PSU said good bye
so i had to borrow new one until i go to buy new one

jod123
04-11-2008, 01:31
is the vanilla version comes with 3D? if how can i see the game? its only 2D in my game..

Yeah I think it does. Have you enabled 3d in preferences?

If so maybe you don't have the required specs or are one of the many people with a problem with using 3d.

squizy5641
04-11-2008, 01:34
all in al enjoyed teh demo can't wait for the actual game
girlfriend not happy tho

jod123
04-11-2008, 01:36
all in al enjoyed teh demo can't wait for the actual game
girlfriend not happy tho

Tell her there is a female option and get her to play it too. ;) :D

jase19
04-11-2008, 01:50
i love the mass amount of whiners that find their way here every year about this time :D

jod123
04-11-2008, 01:51
i love the mass amount of whiners that find their way here every year about this time :D

I don't. ;) :D

Dark_Telepath
04-11-2008, 02:59
Hey is the gameshadows site down? I can't access it.
Will try the torrent now.

Rem-8
04-11-2008, 07:20
Can't download Vanilla Demo, the link is broken I believe. Is there a mirror?

Ivchoyyyy
04-11-2008, 09:05
Hello I`m from Bulgaria and you must know that , here , many of Football manager fans are disappointed of Football manager 2009. Firstoble.. 3D too many bugs .. realy it`s horrible .. too many injuries , every match I lose by one player . I really hope some of this bugs can be repair in the full version. And finally some good news :) admiration for the press conferences :) bye for now

Wizard boy
04-11-2008, 09:25
At least some of you are playing the game, every time i go to tactics screen choose formation and click on continue, it crashes.

chopper99
04-11-2008, 10:48
I've given the demo a good crack now before voicing my opinion in here, and I have to say that I'm growing to love it. At first I wasn't sure, particularly about the 3D, but now I think it's an excellent step in the right direction.

Tactically the game is much better, the 3D is excellent for identifying tactical weaknesses and the tactics themselves seem much more intuitive now. Using the 3D I've been able to identify that there was too much space between my defence and my midfield and between my midfield and my attackers. This prompted me to switch from a flat 4-4-2 to a diamond formation and I've been impressed with the results. In previous games there was an air of trial and error around the tactics which I feel has now gone. And on top of that I've seen some excellent goals, passes and general play being shown in the 3D. Ok, it's not Pro Evo style graphics, but if you expected it to be then you're a fool. It's definitely a good first step into the realms of 3D.

And I have to congratulate SI on listening to the forums and introducing the Assistant Feedback option during a game. This is something I asked for throughout FM08 in order to help those people struggling to get to grips with the tactics. It's excellent that this was introduced this year and, along with the all-round improved tactical system, should go a long way to making the tactical side of the game more accessible to everyone.

getbenT
04-11-2008, 14:22
I've given the demo a good crack now before voicing my opinion in here, and I have to say that I'm growing to love it. At first I wasn't sure, particularly about the 3D, but now I think it's an excellent step in the right direction.

Tactically the game is much better, the 3D is excellent for identifying tactical weaknesses and the tactics themselves seem much more intuitive now. Using the 3D I've been able to identify that there was too much space between my defence and my midfield and between my midfield and my attackers. This prompted me to switch from a flat 4-4-2 to a diamond formation and I've been impressed with the results. In previous games there was an air of trial and error around the tactics which I feel has now gone. And on top of that I've seen some excellent goals, passes and general play being shown in the 3D. Ok, it's not Pro Evo style graphics, but if you expected it to be then you're a fool. It's definitely a good first step into the realms of 3D.

And I have to congratulate SI on listening to the forums and introducing the Assistant Feedback option during a game. This is something I asked for throughout FM08 in order to help those people struggling to get to grips with the tactics. It's excellent that this was introduced this year and, along with the all-round improved tactical system, should go a long way to making the tactical side of the game more accessible to everyone.

i agree with nost of what you say but the 'too much space between midfield and attack is really annoying and is there every game' stupid poyet doesnt no sh*t even when pack 5 in middle with one behind its still there, anyway i just ignore this and watch screamers every game , Pavlyuchenko is over rated lol but im not complaining , 5th and the half season almost over

Dario
04-11-2008, 14:47
For all you that have problem with crashed game, it isnt problem with the game, it's problem with your OWN computer.
You have low computer spec's or something cause my demo didnt crashed even one's !

opul
04-11-2008, 14:50

I think they are massively reproducing between new versions as well!

rashidi1
04-11-2008, 14:56
i agree with nost of what you say but the 'too much space between midfield and attack is really annoying and is there every game' stupid poyet doesnt no sh*t even when pack 5 in middle with one behind its still there, anyway i just ignore this and watch screamers every game , Pavlyuchenko is over rated lol but im not complaining , 5th and the half season almost over
The gap disappears if the you make sure the difference in mentality between defense and midfield is not more than 4.

homerjnick
04-11-2008, 14:59

That is my sentiments exactly!

martplfc1
04-11-2008, 15:05
Yeah, my first impression was not so great, but I played on it for a few hours last night and I absolutely love it - again I think my uni work will suffer :D Can't wait to go home tonight to play on it. There are a few glitches in the animations, in fact the way the players kick the ball is very strange and the goal celebrations are rubbish. However, these are cosmetic problems and don't take away from the enjoyment of it. It feels like Sensi which can only be a good thing! Bring on the full game and the patch :)

jase19
04-11-2008, 16:39

excellent post.

Wizard boy
04-11-2008, 17:40
For all you that have problem with crashed game, it isnt problem with the game, it's problem with your OWN computer.
You have low computer spec's or something cause my demo didnt crashed even one's !

Mine has crashed twice and mine certanly isn`t a low spec computer. Any other reasons.

readingfanman
04-11-2008, 17:48
Gameshadow demo is now not actually openeing, the page doesn't load in either FF or IE. Going to have to download Strawberry :thdn: Fun.

lungofun
04-11-2008, 17:51
Canceled my order. Cant play it. Wont upgrade for 1 game. Stick to 08 instead. Way to lose a whole lot of customers. More old computers out there than new. Cant even play with just text - really that's quite poor.

mudweiser
04-11-2008, 17:55
I have to say that, after over a decade of playing C/FM - this is the ugliest version yet. Seriously.

The match screens are just awful. And I can't believe that I need a better GRAPHICS CARD to play FM. I mean, come on. I've had to swicth to the 'Classic' 2D view because I think the 'TV Mode' is a terrible addition that only slows the game down for those who don't have ninja PCs. But even then it looks absolutely dreadful.

I think SI have tried to run before they can walk with this one.

So if I do decide to buy the game I'll be looking to the talented skin makers in the community to stop me from being sick all over my laptop.

jimbob666
04-11-2008, 17:58
sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many injuries absolutly crazy!

robinson76
04-11-2008, 18:55
hi can anyone help me please.
I cannot run either of the demos on my laptop, it installs ok and everything but when i come to boot it up i get the message in a window "fm09 has expierienced a problem and will shut down" this happens everytime and its doing my head in. i have never had any problems with any football managers in the past.
My pc spec is
ystem Information
------------------
Time of this report: 11/4/2008, 18:03:40
Machine name: COMPAQ
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: Presario R3000 (PJ899EA#ABU)
BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1150MB RAM
Page File: 274MB used, 2481MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Card name: ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000/9100 IGP
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: MOBILITY RADEON 9000/9100 IGP Series AGP
DAC type: Internal DAC(350MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5835&SUBSYS_006B103C&REV_00
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Default Monitor
Monitor Max Res:
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6430 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

I have ordered the original game for delivery on the day of release am i wise to cancel this as it will not run.

Please can anyone help.

thanks in advance

jamescrumpton
04-11-2008, 19:28
Does the FM 2009 demo come with an editor?