Explain Regens for me please

• SI Staff
I understand they are in-game made players, but how do you know if a player is a regen? where do they go? how do you find them etc.

In order to retain the game database balance as you progress into the game its neccassary that players replace the players who retire, thus 'regenerated' players are created to replace the retiring ones.

From a practical perspective there is no difference between regens and 'real' players at all.

(so you don't need to specifically try and find them at all - if you're interested in seeing one, just look for someone who's first history record is after the game start date - thats the easiest way to spot one)

ive got FM08 but struggle to get into it it takes too long to complete a season for my liking but i do like the more in depth it is

it does take a around a day (24 hours of play) a season but the game does offer alot more especially with the regens and the in depth editor where you can create you own player, club, stadium, awards, injuries ect

i never go on holiday but if you wanted faster game play then you could go on holiday for a few months

would you recommend getting it? even an old versoin, just to get used to the PC versions?

'cause i was thinking i could then find FMH not as good as i might not like the reduced database etc

I would recommend downloading the demo and having a fiddle about with it... But, don't download it, begin to play it and make a rash judgement, because once you get into it, you'll be able to make a clearer decision :)

I would recommend downloading the demo and having a fiddle about with it... But, don't download it, begin to play it and make a rash judgement, because once you get into it, you'll be able to make a clearer decision :)

good idea mate. and dont worry i wont :thup:

could someone please give us a link to the demo? cheers

What do people think to the fm 09 demo. Im really disappointed with it to be honest. I think ive got used to fmh so much that i carnt get into it. Also it doesn't seem to have developed that much since i last played it in fm 2006.

ive got FM08 but struggle to get into it it takes too long to complete a season for my liking but i do like the more in depth it is

Thats the exact reason why I play the PSP version. I missing being able to complete a season in a day. Starting in the morning getting the radio on listening to the football banter and then the live games on the radio while I play the game.

Archived