Will FM09 be the new CM04?

Does your PC meet or exceed the new FM09 specs?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Does your PC meet or exceed the new FM09 specs?

• Yes
    • No

Remember when CM04 first came out and nobody's computer except those who were lucky to have just bought a new computer or gamers who regularly update their system could play it? I'm saying this because to me it looks like this is going to be the same for 09, looking at the system specs it looks as though my PC is just under but may be able to cope. The thing is, my PC at the time met the minimum specs for CM04 but it ran so badly I had to return it and keep playing 01/02. I bought a new PC in November last year for 600 quid and I don't think i'll be updating it for at least another 2-3 years, so if my PC can't handle FM09 I'll probably be sticking to FM07 for another couple of years... :(

As most FM players aren't typical gamers who always update their system for the latest games, I suspect this is going to be a problem for most people on here unless they've happened to have spent 800+ on a computer int he last 12 months, which is why I'm doing this poll to see what everyone elses systems are like

Mine is

Windows Vista

Intel Core 2 CPU: 1.80ghz

1gb memory

nvidia geforce 7100 gs

If i'm wrong and these specs will be okay to run the game then let me know, i'm not too savvy at computers, but I think theyre below the minimum anyway

Remember that you can use the game without the 3D engine if your computer can't hadle it, therefore leaving it with only the necessary specs to run FM08, so if 08 ran fine you will have no problems with 09, you may just not be able to play with the 3D match engine

I dont see what your problem is ... you are above the minimum specs. You can even run the 3D unlike some others :confused:

I got a Quad Core 2.4 but I really cant tell if FM uses the 3rd and 4th cores since both my laptop (dual core) and my Quad Core run the game at almost same speed :/

i am not worried. if i can run pes09, fifa09 which are probably more graphically demanding than fm09 i expect to be able to run fm as well.

and since we're already listing our specifications

laptop:

dual core 2 ghz

1 gb ram

nvidia quadro nvs 140m

desktop:

pentium 3.6 ghz

2 gb ram

ati radeon x600

one of these things i say one of these things has to run fm :)

Think you got stung on your on the price of your system soccerfan. £600 is far to much for what you have.

Considering you can now buy a DEll Quad core 2.4. 2gig of ram, 500gig harddrive amd Geforce 9600 with vista 64bit for £400.

Mine

Quadcore 3.0

8gig ddr8 ram

2x500gig hardrives

Geforce 8800Ultra

Vista64

i Bought all the parts and fitted myself all for £700. way cheaper if you can build your own system. and its not really that hard.

Remember when CM04 first came out and nobody's computer except those who were lucky to have just bought a new computer or gamers who regularly update their system could play it? I'm saying this because to me it looks like this is going to be the same for 09, looking at the system specs it looks as though my PC is just under but may be able to cope. The thing is, my PC at the time met the minimum specs for CM04 but it ran so badly I had to return it and keep playing 01/02. I bought a new PC in November last year for 600 quid and I don't think i'll be updating it for at least another 2-3 years, so if my PC can't handle FM09 I'll probably be sticking to FM07 for another couple of years... :(

As most FM players aren't typical gamers who always update their system for the latest games, I suspect this is going to be a problem for most people on here unless they've happened to have spent 800+ on a computer int he last 12 months, which is why I'm doing this poll to see what everyone elses systems are like

Mine is

Windows Vista

Intel Core 2 CPU: 1.80ghz

1gb memory

nvidia geforce 7100 gs

If i'm wrong and these specs will be okay to run the game then let me know, i'm not too savvy at computers, but I think theyre below the minimum anyway

I agree, I am concerned. I will need a new computer - upgrading a waste of money on my old pc. CM in SI days felt like a game anyone with an old machine could play, now we seem to be at the highest edge of min specs for what is a "game". That said the forum society seem to be pretty clued up and Techy so maybe this is the game that can afford to push the specs forward?. Also if the game is as great as it looks and it needs the specs listed just to exist & run then so be it. A lesser game that runs on a lower spec is hardly the answer.

I find it staggering what some people are running Vista on. I would hate to run it on anything that doesn't have a dual core processor and less than 2GB of Ram.

Do people realise how cheap extra memory is and how easy it is to install yourself? I'm totally useless when it comes to anything practical, but I bought two 1 gig memory sticks a year ago and slotted them in to the available spaces with no problems at all.

I'm sure you could buy 2x2 gigs of RAM for about £40, if you shopped around. As long as your PC has two memory slots, you'd be fine, no? If you're really that worried about opening up the PC, you could get a local place to do it for you without much extra cost.

Same goes for a half-decent graphics card, as well, I'd imagine.

FM's requirements really aren't that great compared to most new games and if you take 3D out of the equation, they're very low indeed.

Do people realise how cheap extra memory is and how easy it is to install yourself? I'm totally useless when it comes to anything practical, but I bought two 1 gig memory sticks a year ago and slotted them in to the available spaces with no problems at all.

I'm sure you could buy 2x2 gigs of RAM for about £40, if you shopped around. As long as your PC has two memory slots, you'd be fine, no? If you're really that worried about opening up the PC, you could get a local place to do it for you without much extra cost.

Same goes for a half-decent graphics card, as well, I'd imagine.

FM's requirements really aren't that great compared to most new games and if you take 3D out of the equation, they're very low indeed.

Exactly right. I bought 2x 2GB sticks a couple of months ago for £60 from crucial.

I have the same PC that I had 8 years ago and FM still runs.

Of course I have had 3 new motherboards, 4 processors, 3 graphics cards, about 10 Hard Drives, 5 CD/DVd drives, almost 2GB more Ram, 2 Monitors, several keyboards and mice and a couple of new cases :)

It's just like Trigger's Broom!

you got ripped off for £600 for that btw

You're right, £600 for that spec 12 months ago is shocking! :mad:

Vista is a huge memory hog! You need at least 2gigs of RAM, you can get a 1gig stick from crucial for a tenner and it's a piece of cake to install yourself.

I have the same PC that I had 8 years ago and FM still runs.

Of course I have had 3 new motherboards, 4 processors, 3 graphics cards, about 10 Hard Drives, 5 CD/DVd drives, almost 2GB more Ram, 2 Monitors, several keyboards and mice and a couple of new cases :)

It's just like Trigger's Broom!

:D

tententen

You are all going to have to help me I have no idea.

I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual Core PRocessor 3600+ 1.9Ghz with 2GB of RAM. My video card NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE with 64 MB fo video memory and 256 MB of shared system memory whatever that means.

Am I going to be able to get some 3D action or do I have to tolerate those stupid little circles for another year!?

You are all going to have to help me I have no idea.

I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual Core PRocessor 3600+ 1.9Ghz with 2GB of RAM. My video card NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE with 64 MB fo video memory and 256 MB of shared system memory whatever that means.

Am I going to be able to get some 3D action or do I have to tolerate those stupid little circles for another year!?

Do you have XP or Vista? Not too good if vista that's for sure ....

Archived