German national team and UEFA licensing

Hi, new here so not sure if it's been covered, apologies if it has. Just a few questions:

1) Will FM09 have the correct competition names, as in Champions League and not EURO Cup etc?

2) Will the German national teams actually function with real players in FM09? Why is it that it hasn't in other editions?

3) When managing international sides and ignoring club instructions the club normally complains or withdraws player next time you select them. Will you have the ability to complain to international managers when your club players are not used as instructed?

Again, apologies if these questions have been dealt with before. Can't wait for midnight Sunday!!!

1) I don't thinks so as SI don't have the licences to use the official names.

2) No I don't think so either as again they don't have the licenses to use the real players. There is a simple fix, though. PM me if you want to find out about it. :)

3) Don't know yet.

Hope that answers your questions. :D

i saw things like this on the forums from my country(romania), a downloadable rar archive that will give the competitions and nations the correct names and players...for 09, i think will have to wait a little bit until someone will make those files:)

there are files you can download for FM that gives all the fake teams real player names i sawa one for FM06

There's something that you could do in previous versions that didn't require downloading anything. I can't talk about them here, but I do hope they remain possible in FM09.

There's no real point in calling the UEFA Cup the UEFA Cup, as the UEFA Cup is not going to be called the UEFA Cup after this season. Instead, the UEFA Cup will be called the UEFA Europa League.

I think I may have overcooked the usage of "UEFA Cup" there.

if you want real comp names you can do it easy enough in the editor and if you search on google you should be able to find out how to get the german thing fixed. not sure how long it will take for some one to find out how to do it on fm09 but im sure it wont be long until some one leaks it or finds out how to do it.

Archived