If there was no 3D...

Hmm, I really feel that press conferences will be a bit too cosmetic at this stage. I mean, the press don't _really_ interfere in your management. All I can really see occurring from press influence is helping unsettle players. Or something.

I don't know, am a bit sceptical because I just got so frustrated with the same generic commentary in FM08. And, when I did decide to comment on something... the option that I chose had a different meaning to me than what it did to the games programmers. I thought that maybe I was saying something with meaning x, but it had meaning y, and came across completely different.

Being able to ask for specific feeder teams.

Along with the tweaks to the regens and confidence, which don't really count as new features in my book, the feeders should make 09 the most long-term save friendly version of the game yet.

Hmm, I really feel that press conferences will be a bit too cosmetic at this stage. I mean, the press don't _really_ interfere in your management. All I can really see occurring from press influence is helping unsettle players. Or something.

I don't know, am a bit sceptical because I just got so frustrated with the same generic commentary in FM08. And, when I did decide to comment on something... the option that I chose had a different meaning to me than what it did to the games programmers. I thought that maybe I was saying something with meaning x, but it had meaning y, and came across completely different.

It just seems to me that there's been a big overhaul. Like in the blog that talks about different journalists with different personalitites who remember answers you've given. And that there'll be pre and post match conference where, according to the podcast, certain things can be brought up, like ref performances. I think that it'll have a bigger impact than people think.

Same as above.

But saying that there are some really good regens in this save.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=35676

There are, but look at the penalty taking, free kick taking, pace and acceleration stats for all of the best re-gens that they've put screenshots up for. That was always the big problem, for me, and it's been very well documented in that part of the forum by people who've run the game on 20/30 years and compared stats.

If SI have sorted out the re-gens, tweaked it so that outfield players don't decline so dramatically after 30, and eliminated that corner 'bug', I'll be a very happy man regardless of how good the 3D graphics look!

As a lower league manager I look forward to what you can do with the pitch. I would have bought Football Manager 2009 anyway but the amount of new features is frighteningly phenominal. Also, fingers crossed there will be better regens this time that actually stand above 6ft tall

Archived