Can you ask for money when you do a part exchange deal?

If not in FM08 then in FM09?

At the moment it appears you can only offer money and a player and not ask for it. Lets say i'm Arsenal and and I need a players and for some reason I want to get rid of Fabregas, I should be able to approach Barcelona and say I want player x (average player for example), you can have Fabregas as part of the deal if you hand over 10mil with the player.

For this to actually happen I would need Barcelona to approach the player. Offer to clubs wouldnt work either because obviously you're not targeting specific clubs.

I've come across this a few times, I could be wanting to buy say a player for £8mil, and on the transfer offer screen it says "X tean have shown an interest in fabregas". So if I was to add him to the deal I would surely be the team who is owed money as fabregas is worth well over the 8mil.

Hope this is making sense and not a stupid thread! I understand it would be rare IRL but I can't see no way to do this.

The offer to clubs then negotiate wont work I dont think. I'm sure if you "offer to clubs" you have asked for something specific so it's non-negotiable.

Archived